They placed fourth at Junior Eurovision 2016, despite being heavily favoured to win by our in-house panel of music unprofessionals and many Junior Eurovision fans.
And on June 3 — this Saturday — Russia will stage their annual national selection to find Sofia Fisenko and Water of Life’s successor. The selection will be held in the Artek Camp, in the annexed territory of Crimea.
The road to Crimea has not been an easy one for the participating acts. Karusel, the Russian broadcaster in charge of Junior Eurovision, received hundreds of submissions from children all around Russia. They then had to cull the number down to the lucky 21 finalists.
A split vote from a judging panel and online public voting will determine Russia’s 13th Junior Eurovision representative. What’s more, y’all can have your say too.
International fans (and those in Russia too) can already cast their vote for their favorite song(s) on the contest’s official website.
Of course, we want to know what you think too. You can find links to all the songs below. Make sure to listen to them and then cast a vote for your favourite in our poll. Remember, you can only vote ONE time, but for as many acts as you like — so make sure you have your choices right!
The poll will close just before the show on Saturday. It’s a flash poll, y’all!
Russia Junior Eurovision 2017: Finalists
- Viktoriya Bezdomnikova – Provokatsiya
- Polina Bogusevich – Krilya
- Anastasiya Gladilina – Pover
- Vladlena Gubareva – Vorona
- Egor Ermolaev – Para
- Kirill Esin – Yarkiye Tantsy
- Group “Kinder Star” – Pizhama Pati
- Elvira Kirsanova – Mechta
- Yuliya Kondarshenko – Moya Muzyka
- Group “Kudri” – Kudri
- Arseniy Kulikov – Gadkhety
- Glafira Leukhina – Momenty
- Ksenia Neznamova – Oblaka
- Ulyana Ovchinnikova – Davaye Uletim
- Group “Ochechi” – Vykhodnoy
- Group “Papaiya” – Vyshe
- Polina Terekhova – Puls Planety
- Veronika Ustimova – Ya By Khotela Vse Uznat
- Vilena Khikmatullina – Gravitatsiya
- Anna Chernotalova – Eta Muzyka
- Group “Emoji” – Vremya Ne Zhdet
Do you think that Russia has a Junior Eurovision winner on their hands this year? Make sure to let us know your favourite in the comments section below.