Their Eurovision 2017 campaign ground to a halt back in April. But when it comes to Junior Eurovision 2017, it’s full steam ahead for Russia. Last night, 21 young acts took to the stage in a bid to represent the land of Lerika and the Tolmachevy Twins in Tblisi, Georgia. And while the show won’t be broadcast until later today, we know that Polina Bogusevich emerged victorious with “Krylya” (Wings).
The young singer excitedly broke the news on Instagram earlier today, writing:
Guys, thanks to everyone who voted and sincerely believed in me !!! I will adequately represent our Motherland at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017! #Polinabogusevich #childhoodevolution
The selection took place in the Artek Camp, located in the annexed territory of Crimea. A split vote from a judging panel and online public determined the final result.
Polina Bogusevich “Krylya”
Who is Polina Bogusevich?
Thirteen year-old Polina Bogusevich is definitely a popular winner, easily topping our reader poll. She picked up 115 votes while her nearest rivals only managed 38.
Born in Moscow on 4 July 2003, the rising star competed in season one of Golos deti (The Voice Kids). Under the guidance of Eurovision 2008 winner Dima Bilan, she made it to the battle rounds. Her teammate Kristian Kostov made it all the way to the finals, and went on to represent Bulgaria at Eurovision 2017.
Soon after, Polina sang for Russia at New Wave Junior 2014, placing second.
Who should win the Russian selection for Junior Eurovision 2017? Poll results
The official results for Russia’s Junior Eurovision 2017 selection have yet to be published. However, on Friday, we asked y’all to vote for your favourites. You can see our readers’ rankings below.
- Polina Bogusevich – Krilya 23.86% (115 votes)
- Group “Emoji” – Vremya Ne Zhdet 7.88% (38 votes)
- Viktoriya Bezdomnikova – Provokatsiya 6.22% (30 votes)
- Anastasiya Gladilina – Pover 6.02% (29 votes)
- Polina Terekhova – Puls Planety 5.19% (25 votes)
- Vladlena Gubareva – Vorona 4.98% (24 votes)
- Veronika Ustimova – Ya By Khotela Vse Uznat 4.15% (20 votes)
- Anna Chernotalova – Eta Muzyka 4.15% (20 votes)
- Vilena Khikmatullina – Gravitatsiya 3.73% (18 votes)
- Ksenia Neznamova – Oblaka 3.53% (17 votes)
- Egor Ermolaev – Para 3.11% (15 votes)
- Group “Kudri” – Kudri 3.11% (15 votes)
- Glafira Leukhina – Momenty 3.11% (15 votes)
- Elvira Kirsanova – Mechta 2.9% (14 votes)
- Yuliya Kondrashenko – Moya Muzyka 2.9% (14 votes)
- Group “Papaiya” – Vyshe 2.9% (14 votes)
- Kirill Esin – Yarkiye Tantsy 2.7% (13 votes)
- Group “Ochechi” – Vykhodnoy 2.7% (13 votes)
- Group “Kinder Star” – Pizhama Party 2.49% (12 votes)
- Arseniy Kulikov – Gadkhety 2.28% (11 votes)
- Ulyana Ovchinnikova – Davaye Uletim 2.07% (10 votes)Total Votes: 482
Was Polina the right winner? What do you think of “Krylya”? Let us know in the comments below.
Follow all our Junior Eurovision 2017 news.