It’s one of the biggest award shows on the planet. And this afternoon organisers published the full list of nominnees for the MTV Europe Music Awards 2017. American superstar and Jedward botherer Taylor Swift leads the pack with six nominations.
But in between other global names like Shaun Mendes and Ed Sheeran, there’s plenty of Eurovision interest.
As ever, the EMAs are mostly decided by audience vote, and each country also gets to vote for its best local act. These categories usually attract a few nominations of recent Eurovision acts, with Lena, Marco Mengoni and Daniel Kajmakoski winning for their countries in recent years.
This year’s lot sees many stars from Kyiv, a couple from previous contests and a scattering of national final stand-outs. Let’s take a look.
- Nina Kraljic (Croatia 2016) — Best Adria Act
- Sara Jo (Serbia 2013 with Moje 3) — Best Adria Act
- Loïc Nottet (Belgium 2015) — Best Belgian Act
- Francesco Gabbani (Italy 2017) — Best Italian Act
- Margaret (Krajowe Eliminacje 2016) — Best Polish Act
- Freddie (Hungary 2016) — Best Hungarian Act
- Gabi Tóth (A Dal 2017) — Best Hungarian Act
- Joci Pápai (Hungary 2017) — Best Hungarian Act
- Magdi Rúzsa (Hungary 2007) — Best Hungarian Act
- Amir (France 2016) — Best French Act
- Elena Temnikova (Russia 2007 with Serebro) — Best Russian Act
- Jessica Mauboy (Interval 2014) — Best Australian Act
- Static & Ben El Tavori (Judges on The Next Star for Eurovision 2017 – present) — Best Israeli Act
Voting for all the above categories and more is now open at MTVEMA.com. The awards ceremony itself will take place at the The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Sunday 12 November. Kosovo born British popstar Rita Ora will be the host for the evening. Of course, she infamously withdrew from the UK’s Eurovision selection process back in 2009.
Who is your favourite artist on the list? What Eurovision acts should have been nominated but weren’t? Let us know in the comments below.