She’ll compete in the second semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2018 on February 10 with the song “In My Cabana”.
And our readers are definitely excited to find out what’s in there, as they have voted her the contestant they are most looking forward to seeing perform.
We launched our poll back on December 1, and have counted a total of 6,855 votes since then. Margaret won the day with 1,451 votes — or nearly 22% of all those cast.
Cabanas — those huts or cabins that provide shelter at the beach or swimming pool — frequently feature scantily-clad ladies and gents. Will that dictate the vibe of the song?
“I’m really, really excited,” she told wiwiblogger Kevin back in November. “It’s a great opportunity for me to perform my song ‘In My Cabana’ — and it’s a really cool song.”
“It’s a sexy song. It’s cocky, a little bit. It’s just about having fun and [isn’t concerned with] all the problems and saving lives and saving the world. Those three minutes…phew…it’s all good.”
In second place is Mimi Werner, who last appeared in Melodifestivalen back in 2016 with the country-tinged number “Ain’t No Good”. She was eliminated in her semi-final.
But it appears that appearance only whet our readers’ appetite, as they handed her 1,333 votes — around 19% — proving that her momentum hasn’t slowed.
The only other act to earn more than 1,000 votes is two-time veteran Mariette, the bookies pre-contest favourite to take the Melodifestivalen crown. She earned 1,019 votes — or just under 15%.
Melfest debutants Edward Blom and Dotter round out the top 5, nabbing more than 6% of the vote each.
He’s a television personality known for his love of food, who released his Christmas (food) single “Nu Lagar Vi Julen” and had the viral hit “När Man Festar Festar Man”. She’s a singer-songwriter — full name Johanna “Dotter” Jansson — who made her Melfest debut in 2017 as one of the songwriters behind Mariette’s entry “A Million Years”.
You can see the full results of our poll down below, along with a breakdown of who is singing in each semi-final. Which acts have you the most excited so far? Let us know in the comments section!
Which Melodifestivalen 2018 act are you most excited about?
Total Votes: 6,855
MELODIFESTIVALEN 2018 SEMI-FINALS
DELTÄVLING 1 – KARLSTAD
- Renaida with “All the Feels”
- Benjamin Ingrosso with “Dance You Off”
- Edward Blom with “Livet på en pinne”
- John Lundvik with “My Turn”
- Kikki Danielsson with “Osby Tennessee”
- Sigrid Bernson with “Patrick Swayze”
- Kamferdrops with “Solen lever kvar hos dig”
DELTÄVLING 2 – GOTHENBURG
- Ida Redig with “Allting som vi sa”
- Jonas Gardell with “Det finns en väg”
- Margaret with “In My Cabana”
- Liamoo with “Last Breath”
- Samir & Viktor with “Shuffla”
- Mimi Werner with “Songburning”
- Stiko Per Larsson with “Titta vi flyger”
DELTÄVLING 3 – MALMÖ
- Martin Almgren with “A Bitter Lullaby”
- Dotter with “Cry”
- Moncho with “Cuba Libre”
- Méndez with “Everyday”
- Kalle Moraeus and Orsa Spelmän with “Min dröm”
- Jessica Andersson with “Party Voice”
- Barbi Escobar with “Stark”
DELTÄVLING 4 – ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK
- Felicia Olsson with “Break that Chain”
- Felix Sandman with “Every Single Day”
- Mariette with “For You”
- Rolandz with “Fuldans”
- Emmi Christensson with “Icarus”
- Elias Abbas with “Mitt paradis”
- Olivia with “Never Learn”