It’s the fourth night of the long-lasting Sanremo Music Festival and the competition is really getting going.
Last night at the Ariston Theatre, the 20 Campioni enhanced their performances with the help of other colleagues, singers and actors, before tomorrow’s last episode. Among the singers we saw on stage were several former Sanremo participants, such as Giusy Ferreri, Michele Bravi, Arisa, Paola Turci and Eurovision 1984 act Alice.
But first of all, let’s find out the outcome of the Newcomers category. If your favourite is among those singers, you’ll be disappointed since the next Italian Eurovision representative is going to be chosen only among the Big names.
Ultimo with “Il ballo delle incertezze” slayed the competitors and won the coveted trophy. Songwriter Mirkoeilcane finished second singing “Stiamo tutti bene” — he has also been awarded with the Critic’s prize; while on the lowest step of the podium there’s Mudimbi with “Il mago“.
We wish each of them a shining career and who knows, maybe you’ll see one of them in the top category in 2019.
— Festival di Sanremo (@SanremoRai) February 9, 2018
Since the list of songs performed was very long, just a couple of guests filled this evening. A rarity for Sanremo!
Gianna Nannini sung her latest single “Fenomenale“, while Piero Pelù paid homage to late Lucio Battisti singing “Il tempo di morire”, together with host Claudio Baglioni.
There was also time for a precious moment: a career award assigned to Italian legend Milva, the woman with the most participations in Sanremo. She competed 15 times from 1961 and 2007.
— Rai1 (@RaiUno) February 9, 2018
SANREMO’S FOURTH NIGHT
- Max Gazzè – La leggenda di Cristalda e Pizzomunno
- Luca Barbarossa – Passame er sale
- Giovanni Caccamo – Eterno
- Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro – Non mi avete fatto niente
- Ron – Almeno pensami
- Ornella Vanoni, Bungaro & Pacifico – Imparare ad amarsi
- Diodato & Roy Paci – Adesso
- Le Vibrazioni – Così sbagliato
- Annalisa – Il mondo prima di te
- The Kolors – Frida (Mai mai mai)
- Enzo Avitabile & Peppe Servillo – Il coraggio di ogni giorno
- Red Canzian – Ognuno ha il suo racconto
- Lo Stato Sociale – Una vita in vacanza
- Decibel – Lettera dal Duca
- Roby Facchinetti & Riccardo Fogli – Il segreto del tempo
- Noemi – Non smettere mai di cercarmi
- Renzo Rubino – Custodire
- Mario Biondi – Rivederti
- Elio e le Storie Tese – Arrivedorci
- Nina Zilli – Senza appartenere
Tonight, the 20 competing acts will sing their original entries for the last time, to gain the trophy. They will be judged by the televote (50%), the press jury (30%) and the experts jury (20%) .
Three of the Campioni will then advance to the final round and after another performance of their song, one will finally be crowned the winner.
HOW WILL THE SANREMO WINNER BE PICKED?
Voting during the five evenings occurs through different combinations of four methods:
- Public televoting, carried out via landline, mobile phone, the contest’s official mobile app, and online voting.
- Press jury voting, by accredited journalists that followed the competition from the Roof Hall at the Ariston Theatre.
- A demoscopic poll, composed of a sample of 300 music fans, which voted from their homes via an electronic voting system managed by Ipsos.
- Expert jury voting, resulting from points assigned by eight personalities from the world of music, entertainment and culture.
The three voting systems will have a percentage weight so distributed:
- First, Second and Third Evening: 40% Public televoting; 30% Demoscopic poll; 30% Press jury voting
- Fourth and Fifth Evening: 50% Public televoting; 30% Press jury voting; 20% Expert jury voting
In the final part of the fifth evening, a new rank indicating the first three acts — determined by the percentage of votes obtained in this evening’s vote and those obtained in previous evenings — will be drawn up.
What do you think of the songs of Sanremo 2018? Who are you most excited for? Share your thoughts below!