The 68th edition of the Sanremo Music Festival has come to an end and, as expected, Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro won the crown and the traditional “leoncino” — the little golden lion awarded to the sanremese winner.
The two songwriters emerged as the clear favourites in the competition with “Non mi avete fatto niente” from the announcement of the line-up. The song was well received by both the public and critics.
During the week, it seemed that second placed group Lo Stato Sociale was heading to a surprising victory. But the winners overshadowed all the competitors in every field, with millions of views on YouTube, thousands of Spotify streams and the first place on iTunes Italy.
RAI still didn’t release an official statement but Ermal and Fabrizio announced that they will represent Italy in Lisbon during the traditional press conference after the final.
As with last night, the overall combined results consisted of televoting (50%), the press jury (30%) and the expert jury (20%). All 20 Campioni finalists started off with a clean slate when they performed their entries on the night.
After the first round of voting, Annalisa, Lo Stato Sociale and Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro advanced to the second and last round. In the end, it was the duo who emerged triumphant!
— Festival di Sanremo (@SanremoRai) February 11, 2018
- Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro – Non mi avete fatto niente
- Lo Stato Sociale – Una vita in vacanza
- Annalisa – Il mondo prima di te
- Ron – Almeno pensami
- Ornella Vanoni con Bungaro e Pacifico – Imparare ad amarsi
- Max Gazzè – La leggenda di Cristalda e Pizzomunno
- Luca Barbarossa – Passame er sale
- Diodato & Roy Paci – Adesso
- The Kolors – Frida (Mai mai mai)
- Giovanni Caccamo – Eterno
- Le Vibrazioni – Così sbagliato
- Enzo Avitabile con Peppe Servillo – Il coraggio di ogni giorno
- Renzo Rubino – Custodire
- Noemi – Non smettere mai di cercarmi
- Red Canzian – Ognuno ha il suo racconto
- Decibel – Lettera dal Duca
- Nina Zilli – Senza appartenere
- Roby Facchinetti e Riccardo Fogli – Il segreto del tempo
- Mario Biondi – Rivederti
- Elio e le Storie Tese – Arrivedorci
Ermal Meta (born 20 April 1981) is an Italian-Albanian singer-songwriter. He started his career as a member of Italian bands Ameba4 and La Fame di Camilla.
After becoming a songwriter for several Italian artists — including Marco Mengoni, Emma Marrone and Francesca Michielin, he launched his solo career, releasing three studio albums: “Umano” in 2016, “Vietato morire” in 2017 and “Non abbiamo armi” in 2018.
He placed third in the Newcomers section of Sanremo 2016 with “Odio le favole” and also third in the main competition of Sanremo 2017 with “Vietato morire“, receiving the “Mia Martini” Critics’ Prize.
Fabrizio Mobrici (born 9 April 1975), known by his stage name Fabrizio Moro, released his self-titled debut album in 2000 and achieved commercial success in 2007, after winning the Newcomers’ Section of Sanremo with his entry “Pensa“. The song became a number-one hit in Italy.
As of 2018, he has released ten studio albums. He also wrote songs for other artists, including band Stadio and Noemi.
I’m trying to cultivate #patience. But I cannot wait for #Christmas ? wishing you all a holiday season filled with #namastegorilla hoodies, shorts, baby grows, phone cases and more ???? #yoga #instayoga #yogic #yogainspiration #meditation #shopping #namaste #animals #cute #instagood #londonyoga #yogastudio