After six shows in six cities over six weeks, Melodifestivalen 2018 journeyed to the Friends Arena in Stockholm for its heated conclusion. Twelve acts competed in the contest, vying for the opportunity to represent Sweden at Eurovision 2018 in Lisbon. After the dust has settled, Benjamin Ingrosso has won with “Dance You Off”!
Benjamin won after twelve (or thirteen, after Renaida performed twice) performances featuring everything from Swedish to Spanish. From big dance numbers to heartfelt ballads, glowing pyramids to an ape in a cabana and everything in between. Benjamin wins after topping both the jury and public vote.
Benjamin Ingrosso — “Dance You Off”
Benjamin Ingrosso — Winner Interview
International jury results
The votes of the international jury were revealed first. After all the votes came in, the panel’s favourite was revealed to be Benjamin Ingrosso with “Dance You Off”. The international jury placed Felix Sandman in a close second, setting up a two-horse race for the public vote.
The international jury consisted of jurors from eleven countries.
- Poland — Mateusz Grzesinski (head of delegation)
- Albania — Kleart Duraj (head of delegation)
- Iceland — Felix Bergsson (head of delegation)
- Italy — Nicola Caligiore (head of delegation)
- Cyprus — Klitos Klitou (presenter)
- Australia — Stephanie Werrett (deputy head of delegation)
- Georgia — Nodiko Tatishvili (Eurovision 2013 representative)
- United Kingdom — Simon Proctor (classical score representative)
- Armenia — Anush Ter-Ghukasyan
- France — Bruno Berberes (former head of delegation)
- Portugal — Goncalo Madail
Public vote results
The votes of the public were added to the results of the international jury. The public had the same top two in mind and Benjamin Ingrosso edged out Felix Sandman to win the vote on both fronts.
What do you think of the results of Melodifestivalen 2018? Did the right song win on the night? How do you think Benjamin will do in Lisbon? Let us know in the comments below.