It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new Eurovision game. As we wait for Eurovision promo season to pick up speed with the London Eurovision Party on Thursday, we thought we’d put Eurovision 2018 to the side and look into the past.
Wiwibloggers William and Deban independently picked Eurovision songs from past editions of the contest, and then selectively read lyrics out loud with no music. The other vlogger then had to try and guess the song. When you take away the musical context, it can be a lot harder than you might think. Why? Only Mr God knows. (Aisha, Latvia 2010, well done).
To warm you up, here’s a little quiz. I’m listing three song lyrics here. Try to guess the song. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the answers.
1. “No more waiting round, I know I have found everlasting love for life…”
2. “Why don’t you catch us if you can?”
3. “I feel I’m a leaf in the November snow, I fell to the ground, there was no one below”
The Eurovision Lyrics Game (Episode 1)
Watch more of our Eurovision games
- “C’est ma vie” — Evelina Sasenko (Lithuania 2011)
- “Flying the Flag” — Scooch (UK 2007)
- “Ein bisschen frieden” — Nicole (Germany 1982)