Europe’s biggest award show is coming closer and closer. Set to be held in Spain this year, Camila Cabello leads the MTV EMA Awards 2018 with six nominations.
And while there is great interest in the major categories, some Eurovision acts have also landed in their regional categories.
As ever, the EMAs are mostly decided by audience vote, and each country also gets to vote for its best local act. These categories usually attract a few nominations of recent Eurovision acts, with Loïc Nottet, Amir and Magdi Rúzsa winning for their countries last year.
This year sees fewer Eurovision acts nominated than usual. However, some still made the cut:
- Zibbz (Switzerland 2018) — Best Swiss Act
- Felix Sandman (Melodifestivalen 2018) — Best Swedish Act
- Benjamin Ingrosso (Sweden 2018) — Best Swedish Act
- Margaret (Krajowe Eliminacje 2016, Melodifestivalen 2018) — Best Polish Act
- Nadav Guedj (Israel 2015) — Best Israeli Act
- Annalisa (Sanremo 2013,15,16,18) — Best Italian Act
- Diogo Piςarra (Festival do Canςão 2018) — Best Portuguese Act
Voting for all the above categories and more is now open at MTVEMA.com. The awards ceremony itself will take place at the Bizkaia Arena in Bilbao, Spain on Sunday 4 November. This is the third time that the show will be held in Spain.
Who is your favourite artist on the list? What Eurovision acts should have been nominated but weren’t? Let us know in the comments below.