The time is almost here. 20 acts have been rehearsing all week inside Minsk Arena, and in a matter of hours we’ll know who will be crowned as the champion of Junior Eurovision 2018.

Earlier this week we asked you who your favourites were and we got an influx of responses. 11,586 to be exact.

It was close at the top, with three countries receiving over 1,200 votes each.

However, the act who just managed to pull ahead following a surge of support in the middle of the week was Armenia’s L.E.V.O.N. His self-titled, trumpet-filled song “L.E.V.O.N” received 1,882 votes, or 16.24% of all those cast.

Following in second place is debutante country Kazakhstan. Many fans have been backing Daneliya Tuleshova to win with her soaring ballad “Òzińe Sen” and she received 1,618 votes (13.97%) in the poll here. Could the country be set to take home the trophy on their very first entry into the contest?

Not too far behind though, and still finishing on the podium, is Angélina from France. Her song “Jamais Sans Toi” gained a total of 1,247 votes (10.76%). The land of the Eiffel Tower (which will once again appear on the country’s LED backdrop) has certainly made a big impact on their return after 14 years. They reached sixth place on their debut — and previously only entry to the contest — in 2004. It seems y’all think they could have a chance of beating that this year.

Rounding out the top five is Poland’s Roksana Węgiel and her entry “Anyone I Want To Be”, and Darina Krasnovetska from Ukraine with “Say Love”. Both managed to earn over 880 votes.

Although this poll may have now closed, the vote that really matters has only just begun. The online voting platform for this year’s contest went live yesterday and you can now vote for three to five of your favourite countries, no matter where you live in the world and if your country is competing or not. Voting closes initially at 15:59 CET tomorrow, Sunday 25th, just before the live show at 16:00 CET, and will re-open again for 15 minutes during the show after all countries have performed.

Will the actual public vote resemble the results of our poll here? Only time will tell!

Full Poll Results

So who are you routing for in this year’s contest? Do you think the results of our poll will be replicated in the eventual public vote result? What are you most looking forward to about the contest? Let us know in the comments section below!

Follow All Our Junior Eurovision 2018 News Here

Photo credits: Andres Putting

Total
428
Shares
Graph
Graph
1 year ago

I predict Australia to win.

1st with Jury
1-5 with online vote

Hugo
Hugo
Reply to  Graph

Jael is such a champion

Escdol
Escdol
1 year ago

My messages are systematically delete….but I repeat France got the 6Th place in 2004 not the 4th…..

Robyn Gallagher
Admin
Reply to  Escdol

Thanks for that – we have updated the post with France’s correct debut result. I’m not sure why your posts were being held in the moderation queue – sometimes the anti-spam filters filter too much! 🙂

JSBGD

3.Russia
4.Kazakhstan
5.Ukraine

WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
1 year ago

Armenia first? Hum yeah… sure. Perhaps LEVON will do better than I hope for him (he is the last of my top –‘) but I don’t think he can win. If this song wins with all those good songs in competition then there is no need to keep this contest alive. My top 20 (with a strong top 6, don’t care about which country will win as long as it’s one of them): 1- Kazakhstan 2- Ukraine 3- Georgia 4- France 5- Poland 6- Macedonia 7- Russia 8- Australia 9- Malta 10- Israel 11- Albania 12- Italy 13- The Netherlands… Read more »

Nikos
Nikos
1 year ago

I think this is the strongest selection of songs EVER for any Junior or Adult contest! Most of these songs could even do well in the Adult contest they are just that good. Well done JESC! My top 3 are: Kazakhstan, Georgia, Poland (very hard to pick top 3 since I love so many of these songs!)

Graph
Graph
Reply to  Nikos

I agree with you (although I only started following ESC/JESC in 2014). The only contest that might be stronger than this was adult ESC 2015.

Lou Lou
Lou Lou
1 year ago

Well…. Considering you can use a vpn to vote an infinite amout of times for your own country this contest becomes pointless. Shame.

Lou Lou
Lou Lou
Reply to  Lou Lou

And i mean the actual televote voting, not this poll. I had to clarify because some people don’t use their brains and will write a useless reply.

beccaboo1212

Top 5 combined:
1. Armenia
2. France
3. Kazakhstan
4. Macedonia
5. Poland
then Malta, Australia, Wales, Georgia, the Netherlands, Serbia, Italy, Belarus, Albania, Ukraine, Portugal, and Azerbaijan…
fight for last place: Russia, Ireland, and Israel

Let’s find out.

PP77
PP77
1 year ago

My TOP 5 after 2 rehearsals 1. France 2. Russia 3. Ukraine 4. Serbia 5.Belarus My prediction TOP 5 with juries 1. Ukraine (so much overrated in points) 2. Malta (so much overrated in points) 3. Georgia (same as first 2 countries) 4. Australia ( EBU baby) 5. Kazakhstan TOP 5 with televote 1. Armenia (thanks to you can vote for own country) 2. Poland (same as Armenia) 3. The Netherlands (same as Armenia and Poland) 4. Kazakhstan 5. Ukraine TOP 5 juries plus televote 1. Ukraine 2. Armenia 3. Kazakhstan 4. The Netherlands 5. Georgia than Poland, Russia, Belarus,… Read more »

Dame Tu Conchita
Dame Tu Conchita
Reply to  PP77

Wales won’t fight for last place.

YourMan
YourMan

Neither will Israel.

ESCFan2009 (male, 22, German)
ESCFan2009 (male, 22, German)
Reply to  YourMan

Neither will Ireland.

Argam
Argam
Reply to  PP77

in Armenia we are only 3 million, all the world 10 million
i think there are countries where are living 10+ people
for example: Russia, Ukrein, Astralia, Azerbayjan…

YourMan
YourMan
Reply to  PP77

@Law and Justice And your racistic comments are toxic.

Yssy
Yssy
1 year ago

Pretty sure a few Armenians voted 100 times. No way they beat Kazakhstan, France, or Poland.

A random russian guy
A random russian guy
Reply to  Yssy

Actually no way Armenia gets in Top10 unfortunately

Fredrik
Fredrik
1 year ago

Damn Poland and Armenia are goint to cheat like hell tomorrow. They are going to be sad when the rest of the world stops it :). It doesnt matter how many times they cheat.

Snappy
Snappy
1 year ago

I feel the staging eats Daneliya up for Kazakhstan – it’s maybe a bit too busy. She’s a really small girl in front of a heavily animated LED screen, both the floor and backdrop. She isn’t very animated during the performance compared to her music video too. I have such love for this song but after seeing the two rehearsals it has lost some spark in the development of the performance.

Darina from Ukraine seems to be the winner for me, the emotion she shows during her performance is mesmerising and her staging is simple but effective.

Kirby
Kirby
Reply to  Snappy

Yes, I agree. I get goosebumps at the moment when Darina uses the loudhailer: it’s a powerful, dramatic and effective moment.

Ben
Ben

Stop cheating Armenians!! It’s not fair! -_-

My top 10:
1. France (voted)
2. Ukraine (voted)
3. Kazakhstan (voted)
4. Poland (I think they’ll get a lot of votes from Polish ppl anyway)
5. Australia (voted)
6. Georgia (voted)
7. Belarus
8. Russia
9. Macedonia
10. Azerbaijan

Yssy
Yssy
Reply to  Ben

Yeah I didnt think Poland needed my votes so I didnt vote for them.

Matthew
Matthew
Reply to  Yssy

But what if everyone thought that?

Azuro
Azuro
1 year ago

Personally I want Ukraine or Kazakhstan. But we all know the EBU want France to win.
Armenia will do well as always but won’t win.

Marcelo
Marcelo
Reply to  Azuro

Why would the EBU would want France to win? The EBU hasn’t shown any kind of favoritism towards France. Although I agree that a Kazakh victory might not be the best scenario for them, since it will open more discussion towards Kazakhstan’s participation in the adult contest.

Azuro
Azuro

Armenia????

YourMan
YourMan
Reply to  Azuro

LOL! They are in my bottom 5, his voice is irritating and they got one of the worst stagings. But I won’t be surprised if they get a similar result with online voting, cause I’m sure that right now Armenians are voting for him like there’s no tomorrow.

Yssy
Yssy
Reply to  YourMan

His vocal are pretty bad to be honest.

beccaboo1212

18. Ireland
19. Italy
20. Serbia

BYT
BYT
Reply to  Shanfa Chai

Love your top 3! It would be excellent top3 tomorrow…

Nickfan
Nickfan
1 year ago

Yeah, Kazakhstan, France, Poland and Ukraine are fighting for the win ! Armenia maybe in the top 10 but not a winner for me. Good luck !

Billy
Billy
1 year ago

Why you can vote for your own county in JESC I’ll never know.. probably one of the dumbest decisions by the EBU -__- I’m looking at you Armenia, Netherlands and Poland (even tho Netherlands and Poland are good this year)

Matthew
Matthew
Reply to  Billy

I know, the system’s so corrupt

Nora
Nora
1 year ago

I’ll be honest, so I’m sorry if it’ll offend someone. I have nothing against Armenians, but I WANT to believe that the reason why it came first is Armenians voting for themselves (as we know they usually do that). Armenia usually sends good entries to JESC but this year they actually have one of the worst entries. First of all, that song is not child-friendly at all as it feels kinda aggressive and that the chorus consists of him repeating his own name over and over again is another big minus for me. And the staging just makes everything even… Read more »

Bram
Bram
1 year ago

If Armenia wins I’m gonna cry of sadness, if Kazakhstan wins Im gonna cry of joy!

Matthew
Matthew
Reply to  Bram

There’s no way Armenia’s going to win

Trula
Trula
1 year ago

Armenia? The song is catchy and everything, but L.E.V.O.N’s voice isn’t pleasure to ears. His voice sounds shaky and bit irritating. I really want to like him, but his voice is what it is.

Snappy
Snappy
Reply to  Trula

The fact you can’t see his face for 90% the performance creates a disconnect as well from whatever he may be singing.

Elvira
Elvira
1 year ago

Hopefully for Levon, Armenian voters can find the same energy they always have to vote on Wiwibloggs polls, to vote for him in the online voting!

beccaboo1212
Reply to  Elvira

I agree. In fact, it’d be great if history repeated itself. Armenia won in 2010, so it’d be awesome if Armenia won eight years later. 😀