It’s officially on! After teasing us earlier with preview clips, broadcaster RTSH have released full-length versions of each of the 22 entries in this year’s Festivali i Këngës. The first national final of the season, the contest enters its 57th year later this month and makes a welcome return to our screens.
With less than two weeks to wait before we have our first song for Eurovision 2019, it’s time for you to have your say on who is your favourite Albanian act in our FiK57 Wiwi Poll!
The line-up includes familiar faces from the Albanian song contest scene, as well as newcomers making their FiK debut. And while the typical Albanian guitar solo features again in many of the songs, we definitely can hear — dare we say it — a more modern sound in many of the entries. We might just be able to bypass the dreaded ‘Albanian revamp’ that has so often not worked in the past — phew!
At the end of October the broadcaster announced some big changes to the way this year’s contest will run. In the first show on December 20th, songs will be performed with the traditional FiK orchestra. The second programme a day later, however, will see the songs performed in a Eurovision-style arrangement and will make use of staging techniques. In the final on December 22, we can expect a more traditional FiK experience.
With that said — which songs are your favourites? Listen to the tracks below and vote for your favourites. You can vote for as many songs as you like, but you can only vote once — so make your vote count!
Festivali i Këngës 57 — competing acts
Click on the song titles to watch the video.
- Alar Band – “Dashuria nuk mjafton” (Love is not enough)
- Artemisa Mithi & Febi Shkurti – “Dua ta besoj” (I want to believe it)
- Aurel Thëllimi – “Të dua ty” (I love you)
- Bojken Lako – “Jeto jetën” (Live life)
- Bruno Pollogati – “Nuk ka stop” (There is no stop)
- Dilan Reka – “Karma” (Karma)
- Eliza Hoxha – “Peng” (The regret)
- Elona Islamaj – “Në këtë botë kalimtare” (In this transitional world)
- Elton Deda – “Qetësisht” (Calmly)
- Eranda Libohova – “100 pyetje” (100 questions)
- Gjergj Leka – “Një ditë tjetër” (Another day)
- Jonida Maliqi – “Ktheju tokës” (Return to the land)
- Kelly – “A më ndjen” (Do you feel me?)
- Klint Çollaku – “Me jetë” (With life)
- Klodiana Vata – “Mbrëmje e pafund” (Endless evening)
- Kujtim Prodani – “Babela” (Babela)
- Lidia Lufi – “Rrëfehem” (I confess)
- Lorela Sejdini – “Vetmi” (Loneliness)
- Marko Strazimiri & Imbro – “Leyla” (Leyla)
- Mirud – “Nënë” (Mother)
- Orgesa Zaimi – “Hije” (Shadow)
- Soni Malaj – “Më e fortë” (Louder)
What are your favourite songs in Albania’s Festivali i Këngës 57?
What do you think? Which songs are your favourites? Who would you like to see represent Albania in Tel Aviv? Tell us what you think below!