Hungary’s national selection A Dal 2019 kicked off tonight, with six acts qualifying for the semi-finals. Gergő Szekér, Gergő Oláh, Timi Antal feat. Gergő Demko, Konyha, Nomad and DENIZ will be heading to the semi-finals in February.
The first five qualifiers were determined by a combination of televote and an expert jury made up of A Dal jury regulars Magnun Cum Laude lead singer Misi Mező and award-winning performer and composer Miklós Both, while rock legend Feró Nagy, singer-songwriter and former Eurovision jury member Lilla Vincze join the jury this year.
The vote was topped by Gergő Szekér and 2016 finalist Gergő Oláh, who tied with a score of 41 points. Next was Timi Antal feat. Gergő Demko, who followed closely with 39 points. A successful night for all the Gergős!
In fourth place was Konyha who scored 38 points, followed by Nomad in fifth place with 35 points.
The sixth qualifier was selected by a second round of public voting. The public agreed with the results of the first round — the sixth spot went to DENIZ who had also placed sixth in the first round.
The qualifiers will go on to compete in the semi-finals, which start in early February. They’ll be joined by the qualifiers from the other two heats, which will take place in coming weeks.
A Dal 2019 – heat 1 results
Qualifiers in bold.
- Gergő Szekér – “Madár, repülj!” (41 points)
- Gergő Oláh – “Hozzád bújnék” (41 points)
- Timi Antal feat. Gergő Demko – “Kedves Világ!” (39 points)
- Konyha – “Százszor visszajátszott” (38 points)
- Nomad – “A remény hídjai” (35 points)
- DENIZ – “Ide várnak vissza” (34 points) – winner of second-round public vote
- Olivér Berkes – “Világítótorony” (33 points)
- Rozina Pátkai – “Frida” (31 points)
- Barni Hamar – “Wasted” (29 points)
- László Váray – “Someone Who Lives Like This” (29 points)
Wiwibloggs readers poll results
We asked wiwibloggs readers who your favourite overall act was in A Dal 2018. Eventual non-qualifier Olivér Berkes was the big favourite of the heat one acts, though he ranked only sixth in the overall poll. Rozina Pátkai — another non-qualifier — ranked second.
Only three of the qualifers ranked in the top six of the poll.
- Olivér Berkes – “Világítótorony” 5.15% (97 Votes)
- Rozina Pátkai – “Frida” 3.61% (68 Votes)
- Gergő Szekér – “Madár, repülj!” 3.24% (61 Votes)
- Deniz – “Ide várnak vissza” 2.87% (54 Votes)
- Konyha – “Százszor visszajátszott” 2.82% (53 Votes)
- Barni Hamar – “Wasted” 2.02% (38 Votes)
- Tími Antal feat. Gergő Demko – “Kedves világ” 1.49% (28 Votes)
- Gergő Oláh – “Hozzád bújnék” 1.17% (22 Votes)
- Nomad – “A remény hídjai” 0.74% (14 Votes)
- László Váray – “Someone Who Lives Like This” 0.53% (10 Votes)
A Dal 2019 continues next week, with the next ten acts competing live in the second heat.
What do you think of these six qualifiers? Who should make it to the grand final? Have your say in the comments section below!