She impressed the judges with her very first performance on the opening night of Dancing on Ice. And Finland’s Eurovision 2018 singer Saara Aalto served Frozen realness with Idina Menzel’s “Let It Go” on Sunday night’s Musicals week, making it through yet again.
It was also the return of the Judges’ Challenge. As part of their routines, the celebrities and their dance partners must spin together for at least three three full revolutions in a row.
Having taken in Christopher’s advice from her previous routine, Saara knew speed was of the essence for her. Given it’s also musicals week, she wanted to do something unique with her performance. And skating partner Hamish Gaman suggested Saara should sing and skate at the same time, becoming the first ever celebrity to achieve this feat on Dancing on Ice.
Dressed as a real-life Elsa, it was a massive improvement from her opening performance. Jason’s score of 6 took Saara by surprise, both Ashley and Jayne gave a 6.5 with a 7 from Christopher.
Ashley suggested Saara is a better skater than a dancer. Jason praised the partnership between Saara and Hamish. Christopher admitted he was a little underwhelmed at the routine during rehearsals but was left impressed with the performance on the night.
— Dancing On Ice (@dancingonice) January 20, 2019
Dancing on Ice 2019 – Judges’ scores (Week 3)
- Wes Nelson and Vanessa Bauer – 29.5
- James Jordan and Alexandra Schauman – 27.0
- Saara Aalto and Hamish Gaman – 26.0
- Brian McFadden and Alex Murphy – 22.0
- Melody Thornton and Alexander Demetriou – 20.5
- Jane Danson and Sylvain Longchambon – 20.0
- Ryan Sidebottom and Brandee Malto – 19.0
- Saira Khan and Mark Hanretty – 18.5
- Richard Blackwood and Carlotta Edwards – 18.0
- Didi Conn and Lukasz Rozycki – 16.5
- Gemma Collins and Matt Evers – 13.0
What did you think of Saara’s performance? Are you happy she’s through to next week? Share your thoughts in the comments below.