Her Dancing on Ice hopes almost went tumbling down after she slipped and sustained a head injury minutes before her live performance. But a fully fit Saara Aalto showed no fear as she entered the sixth week of the ice skating competition.
This weekend’s show saw the celebrities tackle the hardest Judges’ Challenge to date: a one footed spin, a spiral and a single salchow jump. Skating to Gabrielle Aplin’s “Dancing in the Dark”, Saara and Hamish’s performance tonight was a stark contrast to last week’s puppet themed performance, poised and full of elegance.
Both Jason and Christoper gave an 8 whilst Ashley and Jayne both awarded a 7.5. It may not have hit the dizzying height of last week’s series high score of 33.5, but Saara finished fourth overall with a respectable 31.0.
It was then up to the voting public to make their minds up and that was enough to ensure Saara avoided the dreaded skate-off and advanced through to the next stage of the competition. However, with a double elimination confirmed for next weekend’s show, every vote counts at this crucial stage.
— Dancing On Ice (@dancingonice) February 10, 2019
Dancing on Ice 2019 – Judges’ scores (Week 6)
- James Jordan and Alexandra Schauman – 34.0
- Wes Nelson and Vanessa Bauer – 33.5
- Melody Thornton and Alexander Demetriou – 33.0
- Saara Aalto and Hamish Gaman – 31.0
- Brian McFadden and Alex Murphy – 24.5
- Jane Danson and Sylvain Longchambon – 22.5
- Ryan Sidebottom and Brandee Malto – 22.0
- Gemma Collins and Matt Evers – 15.5
What did you think of Saara’s performance? Are you happy she’s through? Share your thoughts in the comments below!