The andra chansen round of Melodifestivalen 2019 is due to take place tonight in Nyköping. Eight acts will battle it out for the four remaining slots in the grand final — and the chance to represent Sweden at Eurovision 2019.
Earlier in the week, we asked wiwibloggs readers who their favourites were to win the four duels. And now vi har ett resultat! Four results, to be exact! Let’s take a look.
Duel 1: Andreas Johnson vs Anna Bergendahl
Readers had a clear favourite. Y’all wanted Sweden’s Eurovision 2010 underachiever Anna Bergendahl to make her comeback. She won the duel with 87.23% of the votes.
- Anna Bergendahl – “Ashes to Ashes” 87.23% (2,465 votes)
- Andreas Johnson – “Army of Us” 12.77% (361 votes)
Duel 2: Vlad Reiser vs Nano
Popular vlogger Vlad Reiser wasn’t so popular with wiwibloggs readers. Your favourite was Melfest 2017 runner-up Nano, who holds on with a 77.55% majority.
- Nano – “Chasing Rivers” 77.55% (2,125 votes)
- Vlad Reiser – “Nakna i regnet” 22.45% (615 votes)
Duel 3: Martin Stenmarck vs Lisa Ajax
It looks like Lisa Ajax may be headed to the Melfest grand final for the third time. She picked up 87.27% of the vote, the highest winning margin in our four andra chansen polls.
- Lisa Ajax – “Torn” 87.27% (2,414 votes)
- Martin Stenmarck – “Låt skiten brinna” 12.73% (352 votes)
Duel 4: Rebecka Karlsson vs Arvingarna
Rebecka Karlsson’s self-empowerment anthem “Who I Am” struck a chord with readers. 67.09% of you want to see her in the grand final. However, Arvingarna were the second-placed act with the highest percentage of votes in their duel.
- Rebecka Karlsson – “Who I Am” 67.09% (1,757 votes)
- Arvingarna – “I Do” 32.91% (862 votes)
The Wiwi Jury has their say
The Wiwi Jury — our in-house panel of music unprofessionals — also had their say. The jury reviewed the eight competing songs in andra chansen and gave them a score out of ten.
Lisa Ajax topped the jury, with an average score of 8.05 — which we can also reveal is one of the highest overall scores in the Wiwi Jury for Melodifestivalen 2019.
Anna Bergendahl was second with 7.3, however her duel partner Andreas Johnson was third with 6.05, suggesting it may be a close battle between the two of them.
In fourth place was Rebecka Karlsson on 5.75, while Nano was fifth with 5.7. The jury’s favourites also align with the readers poll duel winners.
- Lisa Ajax – “Torn” (8.05)
- Anna Bergendahl – “Ashes to Ashes” (7.3)
- Andreas Johnson – “Army of Us” (6.05)
- Rebecka Karlsson – “Who I Am” (5.75)
- Nano – “Chasing Rivers” (5.7)
- Vlad Reiser – “Nakna i regnet” (4.6)
- Martin Stenmarck – “Låt skiten brinna” (4.15)
- Arvingarna – “I Do” (4.05)
Both the readers poll and Wiwi Jury results differ slightly from the Melodifestivalen rehearsal audience exit poll. Nyköping audiences picked Anna Bergandahl, Arvingarna, Vlad Reiser and Lisa Ajax to win their duels. This suggests that the legendary dansband and popular vlogger may resonate more strongly with Swedish audiences.
What do you think? Who are your favourites to win the andra chansen duels? Can any of these acts go on to win Melfest 2019?