He’s the Turkish crooner who stunned everyone with his disco take on “I Didn’t Know” back in 2016. And now the king of classy hats and silky low vocals is back again for San Marino. Serhat‘s entry for Tel Aviv “Say Na Na Na” has dropped on Spotify.

The song was due to be announced at 22:30 CET, but often happens at this time of year, the song dropped early for Spotify users in later time zones. Fans were excited to find discover Serhat’s Eurovision entry “Say Na Na Na” on Spotify.

And it’s not just the one tracks. Fans have been treated to NINE remixes of the song, ensuring that “Say Na Na Na” will find a home on the dance floors of Europe.

“Say Na Na Na” Serhat (Official Music Video)

“Say Na Na Na” — Serhat

“Say Na Na” has a 1980s HI-NRG pop feeling. Serhat’s trademark deep vocals are there, accompanied by female backing vocals who add harmony and underscore Serhat’s purr.

The lyrics are relentlessly positive. Serhat offers advice to a friend who seems a little down, advising “You’re not along so stand up, na na na/Be a hero, be the rainbow and say na na na”.

Fans have noted the similarity in titles between Berei’s 2016 entry “Say Yay!”. While the two songs are very different musically, they both offer listeners a positive, uplifting message.

San Marino at Eurovision 2019

There were many names in the rumour mill to represent the microstate, ranging from “Human Ken Doll” Rodrigo Alves to FiK 2017 alum and Golden Stag winner Inis Neziri. But in the end it was Serhat who was announced as San Marino’s representative earlier in January. The fan favourite secured a 12th place finish in the first semi-final of Eurovision 2016. He will be looking to better his result and qualify for the final this year.

Do you like Serhat’s new Eurovision entry? Do you think San Marino can qualify for the second time in history? Sound off in the comments below!

Read more San Marino news

Total
311
Shares
AngieP
AngieP
1 year ago

Better than his first one. I don’t think it has a chance, but it’s one of these songs that you never know if they will go through at the end or not.

evvvity
evvvity
1 year ago

I actually love this and just want to dance to it, and hey surely we want some nice positivity, especially considering its polar opposite, iceland, is also in this semi. I really hope this qualifies… Either way, I certainly won’t forget his number

gilpgilp
gilpgilp
1 year ago

This is great. So refreshing after all of the mediocrity this year. San Marino to the final!

Yeeep
Yeeep
Reply to  gilpgilp

Mediocrity????? Man, THIS IS mediocrity…..

1 year ago

San Marino evolved from “lol, let’s see the meme” to “what if this qualifies?”, and that’s really good. A lot of people will enjoy this, this kind of music has its public.

Magpie
Magpie
1 year ago

And so it continues… More good songs added to the first semifinal.

dygh
dygh
1 year ago

The chorus sounds familiar…

Ulrika
Ulrika
Reply to  dygh

Michael Jackson – Off The Wall

Jake
Jake
1 year ago

I give it that either Serhat or San Marino spent some money on a music video. Countries like Portugal seem to shoot their videos in a wardrobe or don’t even bother to shoot videos at all.

Yeeep
Yeeep
Reply to  Jake

Songs like Portugal DO NOT need to disguise themselfs into flop live, got it?

sangfreudx
sangfreudx
1 year ago

Nothing I’ve seen this year has made me smile more. The song is BIG DUMB FUN. Bravo, San Marino!

Reply to  sangfreudx

It isn’t my favorite song of the year, but I will say that I’ve already watched this one more than any of the songs I ostensibly like more than it. Like, Italy and Netherlands are fantastic, but they require serious emotional investment. I can dance around the room to San Marino any time I want!

sangfreudx
sangfreudx
Reply to  Joe

Yeah, 2019 has turned into a really heavy year. We need songs like this to maintain the will to live. Put the razor blades away – here comes Serhat!!

Anita
Anita
1 year ago

I just need something like this at Eurovision – not as a winner but for everything else…

Alexander Plant
Alexander Plant
1 year ago

San Marino IS going to the Grand Final! This song is totally Grand Final worthy, and San Marino NEEDS to be in the Grand Final way more often than it has been. Too many times has San Marino been robbed of its rightful place in the Grand Final. Serhat will be on that stage, he will slay, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Eurovision 2020 is happening in Valentina’s backyard!

1 year ago

Only Poland to go from the 1st semi-final.
I think Portugal and Cyprus are the two 100% safe entries to qualify. Montenegro and Georgia are the first two chanceless entries.
Lots of songs have potential, but we shall see how things will work out during the pre-parties.

Reply to  Jo.

It’s a strong and balanced semi-final, open and harder to predict. However, semi-final two is currently shaping up as the tough one, especially with the addition of “Arcade” and “She Got Me”. There won’t be room for mistakes there.

Reply to  Jo.

Remember when semi two last year was the one that also had all the big countries and it turned out to be less of a bloodbath than the first? Man, it’s playing it very straight this year. Hearts are gonna be broken.

NickC
NickC
Reply to  Jo.

Portugal will flop big time, mark my words.

Yeeep
Yeeep
Reply to  NickC

Nope… But if it does, who cares??? It is awesome. How many eurovision winning songs are listened this days?

Reply to  Jo.

I already know at least one song I really like will probably go home, and I’m terrified it’ll be San Marino. This is their best chance in Ola Sand knows how long and I don’t want their thunder to be stolen. But who’ll miss out? I’d say Montenegro and Georgia are probably out, don’t have super high hopes for Belarus either. Estonia and Serbia strike me as wild cards that could either be in or out, but considering they’ve both failed to qualify with better songs (cough Verona cough) I wouldn’t put money on them. I just am pumped for… Read more »

David F
David F
1 year ago

I really would like to see San Marino back in the Grand Final. They are an underdog with admirable perseverance. Sadly, I think there are 10 other better songs in this semi. BUT a disco revamp and an amazing stage performance would do wonders and could push San Marino to the GF. I hope they pull it out if the bag.

EuroBalkan
EuroBalkan
1 year ago

I just saw the video and I love it!
It reminds me of good old times at the beginning of 2000’s when Eurovision was all about having fun.

AndersP
AndersP
1 year ago

Can’t help but feel that if old Serhat was a drag queen this would border on fabulous. As it is and as much as I adore eurocheese, this is just another terrible entry from San Marino.

David F
David F
Reply to  AndersP

I wonder if Serhat would try it — because I think he’d have a lot of fun in Drag.

Drag would make this song kitschy in a more fun, self-mocking, who cares kindof way.

Andrew Crawford
Andrew Crawford

Pure trash

Taerio
Taerio
1 year ago

This song isn’t good by any means, but I enjoy it for what it is.

Leo M
Leo M
1 year ago

I like it! We need a bit of fun in Eurovision. This deserves to be in the final, nothing else like it. San Marino, Netherlands and Switzerland all knocking it out of the park today

1 year ago

His voice does not fit in the song. Fans are somehow overrating this because it’s San Marino.

Jake Dallas
Jake Dallas
1 year ago

That completes all performances in the 2nd half of the 1st semi, now some running order predictions.

10. Belgium
11. Portugal
12. Greece
13. Estonia
14. Iceland
15. San Marino
16. Georgia
17. Australia

Anyway I hope Serhat squeezes through because this semi is harder than I thought. See y’all, never prejudge a semi because of the countries. I thought people would’ve learned their lesson last year.

Tyuk
Tyuk

Serhat to close SF1!!

Tomoad
Tomoad
1 year ago

The song is not available on Spotify in my country?! WTF?
PS: I’m from Finland.

EuroBalkan
EuroBalkan
Reply to  Tomoad

You can find audio version on YouTube.

aroncido
aroncido

This is fantastic.

EuroBalkan
EuroBalkan
1 year ago

I will have to wait for the video and Serhat’s charm, studio version is not enough for me.

Thorula
Thorula
1 year ago

This song has so much potential. I hope live will elevate it. This song is full of good ideas but it lacks something in the making. True crooner, forza Sir Hat

Thorula
Thorula
Reply to  Thorula

I listened to a cleaner audio so I’m booking my tickets for San Marino

1 year ago

San Marino, Switzerland, and ESPECIALLY the Netherlands all serving quality today. Great songs, all with very different approaches.

Yeeep
Yeeep
Reply to  Joe

Strange or mainstream notion of “quality”…. ?

oli
oli

I love it! Italo Disco realness <3 This needs to be in the final

SerhatForFinal
SerhatForFinal
1 year ago

Well, it actually reminds me a song which used to be played in an old fantastic Turkish series (Na na na na na Selena Selena). If you want to check it, it’s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3v-Cy4iPU and you’ll hear at 0.25 you’ll hear it but it repeats after it. (And also I know the rythm is not same.)

1 year ago

Fantastic. So much fun. There’s even a clever musical reference to a Beethoven Piano Sonata in the Chorus – don’t worry, it is public domain. 🙂 I would also love to mix this with ABBA’s “Gimme Gimme Gimme (A man after midnight)” as well as many Bee Gees tracks. A DJ’s dream. But will it do well at Eurovision… mayybeee?

Sam
Sam
1 year ago

Had some hopes Serhat could bring SM to the final… but then song sadly woke me up. He deserves so much more

bastian
bastian
1 year ago

Just listened to it and its crap but cant help loving itttttttt. Please let it qualify

Milan
Milan
Reply to  bastian

I agree with the first half of your comment. My, what this year is shaping up into…

Porsteinn
Porsteinn

Serhat: “Say Na Na Na!”

Karmen Stavec: “Nanana.”

Natasha
Natasha
1 year ago

Ok. since my country is withdrawed this year (and possible next year too, hello Sergey lol)
i just gonna enjoy the contest and songs.
I like it, Serhat is so fun to watch, good luck San Marino:)

Skiwalko
Skiwalko
1 year ago

Euro Neuro don’t be sceptic, Serhat (aka God) has some fun, the song is cheap, but in a good way, kinda reminds my of Army of Lovers (oh 90s…), and Serhat’s voice alone makes me love it. Go San Marino, it’s good to have you in our Eurovision family.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
1 year ago

This is better than “i didn’t know”, but its still get the same dated disco vibes.

Idk, staged well, it MIGHT qualify as 10th in its semifinal…. -if it were in semifinal 2

which it isn’t

so yeah…

Okan idu?
Okan idu?

2 is definetely the stronger semifinal

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Okan idu?

Are you joking? No it’s not.

That might be what we thought early on, but not now that a handful of countries in sf1 ended up better than expected

M_K
M_K
1 year ago

In the big Eurovision family, San Marino is the little brother who feels that he’s never been liked as much as his siblings and therefore does EVERYTHING he does simply out of spite, no matter what the others think. So he becomes popular simply because he’s fun to be around but it’s clear that he’s never going to make it big.

sw-yyyyy

SerhatForFinal
SerhatForFinal

I know it’s just a joke but I’d prefer Antalya or Izmir or Zonguldak or Bartin

sw-yyyyy
sw-yyyyy
1 year ago

There’s only one truth, and one King=Serhat.

comment image

Kat
Kat
1 year ago

Ahhhh we get one little line in Turkish!! Oh how I miss its presence in eurovision every day of my life… thank you serhat for bringing that little joy to me TuT

1 year ago

How amazing it would be if Serhat sings this one right after Hat ari? (don’t mind the mispelling, I’m trying to find ways to avoid being filtered when mentioning them) Please make it happen, KAN! For sure, this is crazily old fashioned, but it’s also uplifting and carefree enough to disarm harsher criticisms. I mean, you can try to act super serious while judging it, but if you do it’s possible the joke will be on you. Also, it’s funny to imagine Serhat using this “cheer up baby, you still got it” technique to get lucky in a bar.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Sabrina

I think he’s going after conan, i think.

and conan goes after hatari

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips

serhat goes last in sf1

Maruv was supposed to go last at first, but ukraine withdrew

Euro
Euro
1 year ago

We don’t know yet about order. Don’t look at wikipedia, because it isn’t running order. It just shows all countries by alphabet

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Euro

Oh my god how did I not notice that

But oh yeah in that case serhat is probably gonna be sandwiched between the two

i have a feeling hatari might go last if that’s the case. Or maybe Victor Crone. They’ll want to end a semi with something higher-energy and not something chill or slowed down.

1 year ago

Yeah, they tend to pick something energetic to open and close to the show. So, maybe Victor will have the honor this time.

1 year ago

I believe they won’t put Conan and a Hatari in a row, but there’s a huge chance we’ll see Serhat performing before or after one of them. Maybe even between them.

Reply to  Sabrina

I still would love “that song that must not be named” to be immediately followed by Denmark. [email protected] will prevail, but love is forever. ESC: Dare to educate all philosophies. 😀

Reply to  Purple Mask

Hahaha, it would be awesome. If they both go to the final (which I think it will happen), I’ll root for them to be drawed in the same half.

Jack
Jack
1 year ago

He is the sugar daddy we all deserve to have

Isa
Isa
Reply to  Jack

Lol. I haven’t heard the song yet, but, dear Lord, no! I would rather have Engelbert Humperdinck any day! 🙂

xmynameis
xmynameis
1 year ago

Can ESC fans stop hyping trash up? Thank you. That’s why Eurovision is seen as a joke.

sw-yyyyy
sw-yyyyy
Reply to  xmynameis

Have you noticed that all people that see esc as a joke, also made fun of 1944? Some people just feel envy. Is true. ESC is the biggest event after Olympics. Never be defensive. NEVER.

Max
Max
Reply to  xmynameis

All the people that see esc of a joke also didn’t like entrys like 1944, Amar pelos dois and toy.

Euro
Euro
Reply to  Max

I don’t think seeing ESC as a joke is something wrong. Can we just have fun, dance and enjoy life a little more? Do we really need only serious, deep songs? I don’t think so. I miss ESC 2007,8,9 when everything was so much funnier and happier

eurovision6
eurovision6

Will never qualify, semifinal 1 is too strong

sw-yyyyy
sw-yyyyy
1 year ago

If you don’t like Serhat, you don’t understand ESC. Period.
comment image

Kirby
Kirby
1 year ago

Lots of fans feel a kind of affection for him, so he may be the new Valentina-2014.

Maclaren
Maclaren
1 year ago

The second part of the 1st semi seems to have only two mid-to-uptempo songs: Estonia and San Marino. One of them will probably be closing the show. And even though Iceland closing the show would be epic, we know it is not going to happen.

Portugal and Iceland, being best songs in the second half of the semi, should probably have a running order somewhere between 14-16. So maybe San Marino could win a chance of closing the semi or could be sandwiched between Iceland and Portugal. Maybe emerging chances for a qualification?

sw-yyyyy
sw-yyyyy
1 year ago

If this is not in top 5, I’m done. ESC has lost its spirit.

Reply to  sw-yyyyy

It may have lost it’s spirit of the night, but it gained a spirit in the sky. 😉

Sorry, had to.

CHUPACABRA
CHUPACABRA
1 year ago

I do enjoy the positivity, so I hope, Serhat will qualify.

Film
Film

San Marino 1969

EscVegi
EscVegi
1 year ago

Sorry, but this Song give me a gag Reflex. Hey does San Marino always bring garbage like that? The Song is slimy, overrated and stucked in TIME.

Loin dici
Loin dici
Reply to  EscVegi

Yes, they always do. Let’s eat that supposed garbage together. For me it’s tasty.