Day two is upon us. Yesterday, we saw the first nine acts of the first semi-final of Eurovision 2019 have their first rehearsals. Today, the remaining eight will complete the line-up with their first rehearsals as well.
And today promises to be staging heavy, with the likes of Australia, Iceland and more. Greece’s Katerine Duska — favourite to win the semi-final with the bookies — also has her first rehearsal.
May 5: First Rehearsals at Eurovision 2019
Here’s who’ll be taking to the Eurovision stage today — and at what times.
- 10:40-11:10 Belgium: Eliot, “Wake Up”
- 11:20-11:50 Georgia: Oto Nemsadze, “Keep on Going”
- 12:00-12:30 Australia: Kate Miller-Heidke, “Zero Gravity”
- Lunch Break — 12:30 to 13:30
- 13:40-14:10 Iceland: Hatari, “Hatrið mun sigra”
- 14:20-14:50 Estonia: Victor Crone, “Storm”
- 15:00-15:30 Portugal: Conan Osiris, “Telemóveis”
- Break — 15:30 to 15:50
- 16:00-16:30 Greece: Katerine Duska, “Better Love”
- 16:40-17:10 San Marino: Serhat, “Say Na Na Na”
View this post on Instagram
The first rehearsals of #Eurovision 2019 kick off on Saturday, May 4. We’ll finally get to see the full staging for the first nine acts in Semi-Final 1. Each country has 30 minutes to practice. These are local times in Israel. 10:00 ?? @officialtamta 10:40 ?? @dmolgroup_official 11:20 ?? @darude and @sebastianrejman 12:00 ?? @tulia.official 13:40 ?? @zalagasper 14:20 ?? @lakemalawimusic 15:00 ?? @papaijoci 16:00 ?? @zena__official 16:40 ?? @nevenabozovicofficial … Who are you most looking forward to? #ESC2019 #DareToDream #Eurovision2019 #eurovisionsongcontest #myheritage @myheritage_official
As always, we’ll have individual posts for each first rehearsal here on wiwibloggs. There, you’ll be able to read our thoughts on the rehearsal and find out how each country has chosen to stage their song.
You can also catch some of our reactions to the songs LIVE through the wiwibloggs livestream. This year, we’ll be covering the first rehearsals across three livestreams each day. All times are given in Israeli local time (CET +1, GMT +2) and subject to change:
- 10:30-12:45 — Day Two Livestream AM: Belgium, Georgia & Australia
- 13:30-17:15 — Day Two Livestream PM: Iceland, Estonia, Portugal, Greece & San Marino
- 19:00-19:30 — Day One Livestream Recap: Ask Team Wiwi your questions about the day’s rehearsals
And of course, you’ll be able to hear our thoughts through our reaction videos, which we’ll be uploading shortly after each rehearsal. Make sure you’re subscribed and keeping an eye on wiwi.tv for all this video content!
Eurovision 2019: Press Meet & Greet Times
Shortly after their first rehearsal, each act will also go to the press centre for their first Press Meet & Greet. Again, we’ll be on hand to film each meet & greet and you’ll be able to find them on the wiwibloggs website and YouTube after their conclusion.
Find a list of times for each acts’ Meet & Greet below:
- 13:05-13:25 Belgium: Eliot, “Wake Up”
- 13:45-14:05 Georgia: Oto Nemsadze, “Keep on Going”
- 14:25-14:45 Australia: Kate Miller-Heidke, “Zero Gravity”
- 16:05-16:25 Iceland: Hatari, “Hatrið mun sigra”
- 16:45-17:05 Estonia: Victor Crone, “Storm”
- 17:25-17:45 Portugal: Conan Osiris, “Telemóveis”
- 18:25-18:45 Greece: Katerine Duska, “Better Love”
- 19:05-19:25 San Marino: Serhat, “Say Na Na Na”
Whose first rehearsal are you most excited for today? Do you think we’ll be in for any big surprises in staging or performances? Let us know all of your thoughts in the comments down below!