Ever wanted to work behind-the-scenes at Eurovision? Or to get up close and personal with delegations? Well today could be your lucky day, as the team behind Rotterdam 2020 have opened up applications for volunteer positions as Delegation Hosts.
The team are looking for enthusiastic individuals to help look after the participating delegations from the moment they arrive in the Netherlands until the very end of the contest. Anja Zegwaard — one of the brilliant women who has run Junior Songfestival for Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS for several years — has joined the organising committee for ESC 2020. She recently put out the following call for applications on her Facebook page. Here’s a rough translation.
Apply to be a delegation host in Rotterdam
The organization of the Eurovision Song Contest is looking for volunteers who will accompany the participating delegations during their stay in Rotterdam.
What do we expect from you
– You are proactive, communicative, practically set up and you would like to guide and assist delegations during the period that they are in the Netherlands.
– You speak good English in addition to Dutch and it is an advantage if you also speak another foreign language from one of the participating countries.
– You are available full-time between 1-18 May 2020.
– You can take care of your journey to and from Rotterdam during the event or arrange a stay yourself. Travel and subsistence expenses are not reimbursed.
– You are familiar with the city of Rotterdam and surroundings. You know what the city has to offer in the field of public transport, going out, restaurants, culture, etc.
– You’re over 20 years old.
– You don’t have a 9-5 mentality.
– You agree to the agreement for volunteers.
What do you get for it?
– A unique experience to experience the Eurovision Song Contest up close.
– You’ll meet a lot of new people and make new (inter)national contacts.
– A unique work experience on your CV.
Mail your application before 15 December 2019 to Anja Zegwaard via email: [email protected] Let us know who you are, why you want to participate in this event, which languages you speak and if you prefer to guide a specific country.
If you meet the criteria, then what are you waiting for?”
Will you be applying to be part of the biggest entertainment show in the world? Which delegation would you like to guide the most? What aspect are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below! Be sure to find us on Twitter here, and have a look at Wiwi TV on YouTube here!