It’s the process for selecting the Georgian representative for Eurovision 2020. And the excitement and intrigue on Georgian Idol just won’t quit, as the eliminations are coming thick and fast.

During the first four live shows the final ten became the final six. The latest act to fall? X Factor 2018 winner Anri Guchmanidze. He was in the bottom two alongside Davit Rusadze, while Tornike Kipiani led the game for the fourth show in a row. Tornike topped the results with 24.05% of the 108,433 votes.

The public is able to vote for their favourite via both telephone voting as well as through the Facebook Messenger app. The remaining nine face more performances and more eliminations before the grand final on 31 December. Take a look at the performances from third live show below.

Georgian Idol: Fourth live show performances

The six competing acts tackled a number of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs which showed off their vocal talents and charisma.

Anri Guchmanidze

Mariam Gogiberidze

Tamar Kakalashvili

Davit Rusadze

Barbara Samkharadze

Mariam Shengelia

Tornike Kipiani

Unlike the last season of Georgian Idol, which selected both the artist and the song for Eurovision, this year’s series will only select the artist. The future winner of Georgian Idol will then have their Eurovision song internally selected.

What do you think? Who is your favourite contestant? Who would you like to see represent Georgia in Rotterdam? Share your thoughts below!

Read more Georgia Eurovision news here

Geo
Geo

As expected, Georgia is sending home their best acts. In the end they’ll pick the biggest bullsh*t of them all to represent them and not to qualify from the semifinal, once again. Why are these countries even participating????

Hoping for surprise from Georgia, but so far I’m not feeling it.

Tom
Tom
Reply to  Jo.

People said same about Salvador

James
James

Is he reading the lyrics from his phone? That’s quite unusual, but understandable if English is not his strong suit.

Erasmus
Erasmus

Is there even a slight chance he won’t win? I don’t think so… which means Georgia probably won’t qualify this year again…

Tom
Tom

Oto was good however it was a stage who saved him from last place or second last ….if Tornike will win, he will be definitely singing ballad (i think) ….Maybe in georgian …

Tornike gives me a different vibe from Oto. I don’t think they’d actually be that similar.

Reply to  Joe

To expand on that: the two songs I’ve heard him sing (the Georgian one in English and “Gethsemane”) have both been in English, neither of them overly scream-y. “Gethsemane” has one big note (“Whyyyy should IIII diiiiiie”) but mostly relies on a strong sense of melody. It’s a different kind of vibe, and when I think of big-voiced singer-songwriter types, which is what I’m feeling with Tornike: surprise! I think of Duncan. When (let’s face it: it’s not IF he gets picked, it’s WHEN he gets picked) he’s chosen, I feel like they’ll do something in English that relies on… Read more »

Alexander
Alexander

Hopefully, if we’ll look back to Georgian history at Eurovision, we’ve never sent same thing many times in a row. And i believe Tornike will not be copy from Last year, He needs good song to get top place in Rotterdam.

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Alexander

I really hope it will be better and not a copy than Oto’s, but i dont have high hopes only because Tornike hasn’t been the best every show and yet has won all four of them, which is starting to smell a bit favouritism-ish to me. But if Tornike can pull off something of the calibre of Nina Sublatti for example, I’m all for it.

Ashton
Ashton

Its just gonna be Tornike and we r just gonna get an Oto copy and tbh i am not here for it