With the arrival of the New Year, the road to Eurovision 2020 is looking a whole lot shorter. Some broadcasters are preparing to broadcast their national selection shows, and others are busy perfecting the announcement of their internally selected acts. Meanwhile, a lucky seven artists — those who have been publicly confirmed already — are developing plans of action as they write, tweak or choose their songs for the contest.
Amid all the mayhem, Bulgaria’s Eurovision 2020 singer VICTORIA has been getting pensive. She’s now shared her goals for the year ahead, which we are re-publishing in full below. Above all else she wants “to make Bulgaria proud”. We’re sure she will. There’s also good news for Bulgarian Eurofans. She suggests she’s got “the powerful and moving song that embodies” what she stands for.
Bulgaria: VICTORIA’s goals ahead of Eurovision 2020
Happy New Year! Few days ago I found my old planner for 2019 that I totally forgot about. On 1st of Jan I wrote down my biggest wishes for 2019. Turns out representing Bulgaria at Eurovision was one of them! I also wrote that I want to write my first song, to start working on my first album and to record in the US – all accomplished! This year I decided to share my wishes for 2020 with you all! Your support is the key in making them a reality! Here are my 5 wishes for the next 366 days:
1. To make Bulgaria proud with my Eurovision performance in May 2020. It will require long hours of rehearsals and I will give my all to do my best in Rotterdam! Finding the powerful and moving song that embodies what I stand for as an artist is really important. And I think I have it!
2. To record and release my first EP/ALBUM! I am already working on it and I give my dedication and love to it! Can’t wait to share my new music with you all! This won’t be possible without the great team that supports me through every step!
3. To be able to perform my music to people from all over the world. I want to meet you all and share a moment with you – no matter how big the stage is and where you live!
4. To be able to spend more time with my family. This will be possible after Eurovision but I am so excited that they will be with me in Rotterdam supporting me in the arena!
5. To continue to bring awareness to the cause of finding new homes the homeless dogs and cats in Bulgaria. Something really close to my heart!
Thank you for all the support through 2019! Have a fantastic 2020!
What are your goals for 2020? And what are your hopes and wishes for Eurovision in Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments box down below.