On Monday, Czech TV released the seven competing entries in Eurovision Song CZ (ESCZ) 2020.

The online voting process for the Czech Republic’s Eurovision 2020 national final was also opened, and will remain open until 2 February. But, while we wait for the final results, we want to know who you want to win ESCZ 2020.

If you haven’t already, watch the music videos for each of the seven entries here, or take a listen to the songs in the Spotify playlist below.

Once you’re ready, go ahead and vote in our poll for your favourites.

ESCZ 2020: Participants and songs

This year’s ESCZ includes two returnees. Both Barbora Mochowa and Pam Rabbit also competed in last year’s competition. Barbora returns with the ethereal ballad “White & Black Holes”. Meanwhile, Pam is competing with the edgy pop song “Get Up”.

The biggest stars in the lineup are Olga Lounová and Benny Cristo (also known as Ben Cristovao). Olga is a showbiz veteran and is hoping to take her song “Dark Water” to the Eurovision 2020 stage in Rotterdam. Benny, on the other hand, is one of the Czech Republic’s top rappers. He’s entered the competition with the song “Kemama”.

Elis Mraz & Čis T are mixing cultures. Although Elis is a singer from the Czech Republic, Čis T hails from neighbouring Slovakia. They’ve joined forces on “Wanna Be Like”.

Having honed his talent at the British and Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM) in London, Karelll is now hoping to represent his home country on the Eurovision stage. He’s taking part in ESCZ 2020 with the piano-driven ballad “At Least We’ve Tried”.

Finally, is the band We All Poop. This four-piece formed specifically for ESCZ 2020, but they’ve quickly stood out from the pack with their name and ‘planned coincidence punk-pop’ song “All the Blood (Positive Song Actually)”.

Poll: Who should win the Czech Republic’s ESCZ 2020?

It was initially intended that these seven acts would compete in a televised national final. However, that idea was subsequently scrapped.

Instead, the method from 2018 and 2019 will be retained whereby fans can vote for their favourites via the Eurovision app.

This online voting is set to close at 20:00 CET on 2 February. The results will be announced the following day.

These public votes will count for 50% of the overall score. The remaining half will come from a panel of international jurors. Once again, international viewers can also vote. In previous editions, these votes were weighted to equal one jury vote.

Who is your favourite in ESCZ 2020? Which act and song do you think would be best for Eurovision? Let us know in the comments below!

Read more Czech Republic Eurovision news here

Vote in more polls here

Ok, done. Gave my APP heart to Karelll. Such a beautiful song. 🙂 I was back and forth with him and Barbora for days. Both amazing! Olga and WAP are also great. 🙂

It's me
It's me

Pam Rabbit should win. She has a great and an original song.

What a very strong selection! I am still torn on who to vote for (both here and in the app). All seven songs have strong appeal within the audience who like that genre. Personally, I am between Barbora, Karelll, Olga and We All Poop, but I do appreciate Ben, Pam and Elis feat. ?is T as well. Objectively, I can see any among the seven acts to bring Czechia their third consecutive qualification. Bravo! 🙂

Reply to  Colin

I was going to type up my opinion, but Colin has expressed it perfectly. 🙂

Reply to  Purple Mask

Thanks, Purple. 😉 Eventually, I’ll have to pick someone to vote for, but the Czechs are not making it easy. Probably the strongest selection so far (even if Iceland and Portugal are also really good on average).

Bert
Bert

I really like ‘We All Poop’ but I don’t agree with their message.

filipko54
filipko54

Ben is #1 trending on youtube in Czech Republic and he has many followers and many known people supported him (for example Slovak youtuber Expl0ited), I’m 99,99% sure he will win the televote 😀

Sebastian
Sebastian

For 2021, I should porpuse the former husband of Olga Lounova, Xindl X. He’s an amazing czech composer, he sings in czech and all his songs have a special flavor. Search him in Spotify or YouTube and you’re gonna like him. Even he and Olga did a duo. I’m gonna put the link below.

filipko54
filipko54
Reply to  Sebastian

they weren’t married, they were just dating

emeej
emeej

Karelll or We All Poop

Reply to  emeej

My top 2. I prefer Karelll though.

Héctor
Héctor

We All Poop all the way.

JJ Abrahames
JJ Abrahames

Pam Rabbit for sure

Heix
Heix

Ofc We all poop. Czech version of Twenty one pilots. We need this songs in ESC!

Geo
Geo

We All Poop has a fantastic song!!!!!! I’m rooting for them to represent Czech Republic this year. Top 10 guaranteed!

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean

I’d probably pick ‘All the blood’.

Jakub
Jakub

I think Czech’s NF is the best so far…I mean I like all these songs and all of them are really good. But my personal favorites are We all Poop and Olga.

Anke
Anke

Benny kristo already has 150k views. I think he’ll win

Rasmus
Rasmus
Reply to  Anke

Poland had millions of views in 2014. still came 14th. doesnt matter:)

Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  Rasmus

views are an indicator of who’s gonna do well in the public vote, and within the czech republic everyone knows benedict cristovao has the biggest fanbase. idk how international jurors will vote but he’s likely got 12 points already (last year the czech public’s winner didn’t win btw, it was jakub ondra)

Tajikistan
Tajikistan
Reply to  Rasmus

What does Poland 2014 have to do with a national final in 2020?

Liam Lindsay
Liam Lindsay

Has to be Dark Water, Olga can sing live, like properly sing and this has the most potential, can be staged very easily and effectively and has the most potential out of any other of the shortlisted candidates, the closest competition to her is Barbora. Top 7 Dark Waters – 8.95/10 – ethereal masterpiece White and Black Holes – 7.27/10 – alternate but, still enticing and very good. This year’s Dihaj (Azerbaijan 2017) Kemana – 6.8/10 – some urban flavours with a nod to the Carribean and a taste of Latin inspiration Get Up – 6.32/10 – a bit of… Read more »

NOTHING
NOTHING
Reply to  Liam Lindsay

Have you heard Barbora sing White and Black Holes… Her high note sounds same like studio version

West
West

I finally voted in the app today – for We All Poop, but tbh I won’t be angry if any of these song would win. Not that I love them all, but I don’t hate any and they’ll all end up on my playlist (well, maybe not Get Up).
My top 7:
1. We All Poop
2. Elis Mraz & ?is T
3. Benny Cristo
4. Barbora Mochowa
5. Olga Lounová
6. Karelll
7. Pam Rabbit

Marios
Marios

Have a feeling that kemama will win.

Fabio
Fabio
Reply to  Marios

The song is a load of crap, I hope not.

Polegend Godgarina

king benny cristovao <3

Kris

You’re not doing videos ?

Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  Kris

i dunno whatchu talkin bout

Don’t go Pikachu on me
I meant YouTube reaction vids

EurofanNL
EurofanNL

Its sad that there won’t be a televised show, cause I love 6 songs and would love to see them live. I have seen a vid of barbora singing her song live and she hits all those high notes. She is my number 1, but I could also live with a win from elis mraz or we all poop.

Yudhistira Mahasena

For me it’s either Barbora Mochowa or We All Poop. Barbora because I’m the most familiar with her name in the Czech national selection last year, although she lost to Lake Malawi, and WAP because… they have an interesting-sounding name and song. Both are pretty solid.

Tibor
Tibor

Team Benny Cristo. I’m not sure, why he’s currently last in this poll, and I probably don’t wanna know. This tune is so infectious and varied (this bridge is everything!) and so addictive, I can’t stop listening to it.

Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  Tibor

his song is urban and grandmavision stans CANNOT stand it! we all poop are first solely bc of their name but the song disappointed me tbh

Tibor
Tibor

Grandmavision is funny.
“All the blood” is an okay song, a bit too britpop by numbers for my taste (I refuse to call this anything punk), surely not a winner. Ben Cristovao on the other hand could be on to something (and I assume he can sing live, we’re not yet sure if that is the case for WAP).

Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  Tibor

he can’t just sing live, he can PERFORM life, and that’s how he got 15k ppl to see him at the o2 arena in prague a few months ago. i get that kemama doesn’t suit everyone’s taste (especially the average eurovision fans, who are less urban oriented than the general public), but let’s give some credit where it’s due

Reply to  Tibor

For the juries it might be a bit repetitive

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Kris

I can see that people write this all the time, but how is this repetitive (I mean apart from the chorus which, by definition, has to be repeated)?

Reply to  Tibor

What I found repetitive was the chorus being repeated 6 times ( and it would be ok if a 5 second phrase is repeated 6 times , that’s normal but repeating a 11 second phrase 6 times is thoda extra )without him changing the way he sings em , and then even in the verses most lines are repeated twice That said I enjoyed the song a lot till 1:10 in the video The part from 1:10 to 1:35 I don’t like 1:35 onwards I started liking again and then I realised that he was singing the chorus 4 times… Read more »

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Kris

Well, as I said, the chorus is made to be repeated, and there’s no correct amount of repetitions. I’m not quite sure, why you say, he never changes the way he’s singing it, because already at the beginning, he starts with the first chorus an octave lower. Additional variation comes from the instrumentation and the combination of the different elements of the song, not to mention the bridge, which is dope. It’s not a conventional verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus til fade structure, but that is really nothing I’d ever complain about.

Reply to  Tibor

I said he’s not changing the way he is singing the chorus lines
Yeah the bridge is real nice , I agree

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Kris

I really appreciate you trying to explain it to me, but unfortunately I don’t understand, what you mean. 🙁 What should he change for you to enjoy it more? But I’m glad it’s not the bridge that’s putting you off.

Five of them would work for me. Not a fan of “At Least We’ve Tried” and “All The Blood” (no good band entries this year ;;) but everything else would work. Barbora’s is probably my favourite.

Azaad
Azaad

Would be shocked if Benny didn’t win just because of the domestic fanbase he enjoys, even though I think his song doesn’t have enough progression.

Hyunwoo
Hyunwoo

Funny group name, We All Poop, It’s very funny to me

Kris

Waah, we all poop is currently in the peeing spot rather than pooping spot , nice

“At Least We’ve Tried.” And I had this song in my head since waking up but had heard it only twice the day it was released. So this is my winner for Czechia this year!! GOOD LUCK KARELLL!

Karell be like :
Ce fait BIMM bam boom
Ce fait shhh ce fait vroom

Mary
Mary

Really all the songs are great except “Wanna Be Like” and “At Least We Tried”.

John the Go

Will there be any live performances to watch?

MollieLouise
MollieLouise

I’ve been listening to White & Black Holes on repeat for three days now – I’m in love! This song is so different, hoping CZ take the chance to send such a unique , beautiful song.

Fabio
Fabio
Reply to  MollieLouise

Can’t believe some people prefer that awful “Kemama” crap over this one…

bryn collins
bryn collins

im really hoping either pam or barbora wins

OhhHoney