aiste pilvelyte lithuania eurovision 2020

Lithuania’s newly revamped Pabandom is naujo! Eurovizijos atranka 2020 continues its six-week run in a couple of hours. But before that, let’s see which Heat Three acts you’re most excited for.

Aistė Pilvelytė is your favourite in Heat Three of Lithuania’s Eurovizijos atranka 2020

Some weeks back, we asked you to vote for the Eurovizijos atranka 2020 act which you were most excited for. Online polls aren’t an exact science at the best of times, and in this instance they’re particularly tricky since not all of the entries were released at the time of voting. Therefore, many readers will have made their decisions based on an artist’s past pedigree.

Nonetheless, the results are still fun to look at. And Aistė Pilvelytė is a clear favourite. The 12-time Eurovizijos atranka veteran picked up 142 votes.

Coming a relatively close second is Ruslanas Kirilkinas with 113 votes. Some distance behind him is Evgenya Redko with just 38 votes. Returnees THE ROOP, Nombeko Augustė and KaYra round out the top six.

Only six of the 12-strong field will qualify for the semi-finals.

Which Eurovizijos Atranka 2020 act are you most excited for? (Results)

1. Aistė Pilvelytė 9.98% (142 votes)
  2. Ruslanas Kirilkinas 7.94% (113 votes)
  3. Evgenya Redko 2.67% (38 votes)
  4. THE ROOP 2.6% (37 votes)
  5. Nombeko Augustė 1.48% (21 votes)
  6. KaYra 1.41% (20 votes)
  7. Justina Žukauskaitė 1.12% (16 votes)
  8. Vitalijus Špokaitis 0.98% (14 votes)
  9. Lukas Bartaška 0.77% (11 votes)
  10. Bernardas 0.49% (7 votes)
  11. Rokas Povilius 0.35% (5 votes)
  12. The Backs 0.35% (5 votes)

Total Votes: 1,423

Note, this poll included all 36 Eurovizijos atranka 2020 acts. For the purposes of this post, we have extracted all of the heat three entries. The figures for percentages and total votes relate to the complete poll.

Read our instructions on how to watch Eurovizijos atranka 2020 live.

What do you think? Do you agree with the poll results? Let us know in the comments.

Follow all of our Lithuania Eurovision 2020 news.

Picture via LRT

After live, my six qualifiers would be KaYra, Nombeko Auguste, Lukas Bartaška, Evgenya Radko, Aiste Pilvelyte and either Vitalijus or Rokas. I’m not sure which one among the latter two was more amusing on stage. The first three should definitely qualify!

I am not enjoying this “Unbreakable” studio version. I will make my mind up after the live show performance.

Mr Vanilla Bean

I mean, Aiste is the only one I bothered to look up here and I am going to watch her performance on YouTube cause I wanna see her hard at work with this two dollar steak of a song. But I have no clue whether to be happy or sad for her if she finally won the Eurovision ticket with THAT. Lithuania has been trolling her a lot. I looked it up. Not only the juries chose that rubbish from 2017 over her, the televoters did too. Assuming televoting in Lithuania is fair and square. (???) Same in 2010 and… Read more »

Lithuanian voting is so odd most of the time. They tend to have amazing songs in their NF, yet pick very randomly. I am pleasantly surprised that Ieva managed to win with her stunning song back in 2018.

Skiwalko
Skiwalko

I have to admit that I absolutely adore “Rain of Revolution”, it was one of my favourite songs of 2017. I still don’t understand why so many people seem to hate it.

Reply to  Skiwalko

Because I’m like a wolf.

Skiwalko
Skiwalko

I didn’t really like “I’m Like A Wolf”, it was far too messy for my taste, Aiste’s vocals didn’t match the style of the song and and the seizure-triggering staging didn’t help it either. Don’t get me wrong, Fusedmarc’s entry was a mess as well, but a beautiful one (in my opinion of course).

Reply to  Skiwalko

It was an ear sore. All kinds of sores, really. Aiste was like a wolf. And on top of that, like a diamond, the horizon. Unbreakable.

Skiwalko
Skiwalko

She sure was, Bean. She should found a band together with IVAN, seeing that they’re both so obsessed with wolves.

Reply to  Skiwalko

I’d love that for a Eurovision act. Both Belarus and Lithuania could need it.

Solo
Solo

“Everlastingly” or “Unbreakable” is a great song, best song by the composer Thomas G: son, the song is winner, with so much power and energy, it’s an explosive charge, just like the love about which the song is sung.

Anita Mann
Anita Mann

The Backs – Fully is now on YouTube:

Polegend Godgarina

i’ve always loved and supported aiste, even bought her album when i visited lithuania, but as soon as i saw g:son wrote the song i lost all my hopes. those lyrics feature every possible cliché, it’s just not a song ppl want to hear in 2020.

waste of aiste

Rasmus
Rasmus

I love schlager songs. I guess you dont

Tibor
Tibor

Well, if Aiste Pilvelyte really goes to Rotterdam, I’d say she has a realistic shot at winning the televote after what happened last year. Apparently there’s still a big chunk of the audience who loves this kind of sound.

Skiwalko
Skiwalko
Reply to  Tibor

I think comparing “Unbreakable” to “Spirit in the Sky” is an exaggeration. I’m not a big fan of the latter, but KEiiNO at least had an enjoyable gimmick, catchy chorus and modern production, and Aiste has none of those.

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Skiwalko

Of course it’s an exaggeration.

Stian F
Stian F
Reply to  Skiwalko

Gimmick? What was the gimmick? Indigenous folk song style is not a gimmick. Clapping as a feature is a gimmick though, so Soldi had a gimmick, not Spirit in the Sky.

Skiwalko
Skiwalko
Reply to  Stian F

Indigenous folk singing is not a gimmick in itself, but the song used it as such. I guess you could argue that “Soldi”‘s clapping was a gimmick as well. Gimmick doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing, it’s just one of the ways to make your song stand out.

Anita Mann
Anita Mann
Reply to  Tibor

Of course we do! And, a massive chunk as well – that’s what Eurovision is about.

Reply to  Tibor

Huh. I never thought about it like that. But I actually don’t think these two songs are that far apart in terms of quality. ‘Unbreakable’ just went and said ‘F it. I’m not even gonna pretend’. So, arguably, it’s the more authentic of those two.

Tibor
Tibor

They’re not, but they’re not the same, either. I’d even say, “Unbreakable” has the more infectious melody. And the production is so unabashedly schlager – there is an audience for that. It will depend on which demographic will pick up the phones and watch the darn thing in the first place. We might not like the song and it might not be cutting edge productionwise, but since when is that the key to winning the televote? And the lyrics won’t bother the target audience, either, since they are completely in keeping with the genre. They don’t expect Emily Dickinson.

Reply to  Tibor

I’m not expecting Emily Dickinson either since I don’t know who that is. But I suppose you are right, the target audience is semi-illiterate, they are going to think it’s poetry.

sel
sel

I was in the filming.
Evgenya Redko blew me away

Jessey
Jessey
Reply to  sel

Was it uptempo or a ballad?

Jack
Jack

I’m looking forward to Evgenya – love her music

Even though he has no hype, Lukas Bartaška has an AMAZING voice.
I predict he’ll be one of the six. The juries will value what he brings.

Reply to  Briekimchi

River of Hope was actually in my top 10 of last year’s EA. If he brings a song with a bigger immediate impact, he might do really well. Fingers crossed.

Kris
Kris

KaYra is qualifying 100%

Jameson
Jameson
Reply to  Kris

Most Lithuanians cannot stand her, so I wouldn’t be so sure about 100%.

My prediction is that Aiste will qualify, but won’t be in top 3. I don’t think that her schlager was received as well now as it would be in 2006. It’s enjoyable, but *so* cheesy.
KaYra would be a clear winner for me, but five songs are still unreleased, so there is a chance there is an outstanding one among them.

Anita Mann
Anita Mann
Reply to  Colin

Oh, here we go again. Please Colin, define “cheesy” – does it mean it is not up to your “superior” standard?

Reply to  Anita Mann

Not necessarily, Anita. I do enjoy some “cheesy” songs, Unbreakable being one of them. It’s not always easy to define what cheesy is. It can mean over-dramatic without a deep sentiment behind it, but it can also mean unpretentiously fluffy and amusing. It’s a personal perception too, I guess. Songs like Twosome’s Playa are very cheesy/funny, yet so good at it. Even above mentioned Spirit in the Sky has *some* cheesy elements which are cleverly entangled with actual quality stuff. That would make SITS both cheesy and genuinely good song. So, it’s not necessarily a dichotomy. Unfortunately, some cheesy songs… Read more »

Tom
Tom

Only The Roop and KaYra

Tom
Tom
Reply to  Tom

Fully agree. Very strong songs!