Lithuania continues with its newly rebranded national final Pabandom iš Naujo! Nacionalinė Eurovizijos Atranka 2020. In the third and final heat tonight, the last lot of 12 acts performed their songs — and the last six places in the semi-finals were filled. Among the lucky qualifiers were national final queen Aiste Pilvelyte and indie group THE ROOP.
While the performances were pre-recorded earlier in the week, the voting was live. And while in previous years the jury gave their scores after each performance, this year all scoring was left until the end. Both the jury and televote scores were revealed for the first time tonight.
Quirky indie group THE ROOP topped the heat. Their song “On Fire” took both the top score from the jury and the public televote.
In second place was Lithuania’s national final queen, Aistė Pilvelytė. “Unbreakable” marks her tenth attempt to represent Lithuania at Eurovision, this time with a song written by Eurovision maestros Thomas G:son and Johnny Sanchez.
In third place was the multi-faceted KaYra with her song “Alligator”. Rocking a pink jumpsuit, KaYra will also be heading to the semi-finals.
Rounding out the qualifiers was Evgenya Redko with “Far”, Rokas Povilius who had “Vilnius Calling”, and The Backs with “Fully”.
Sadly, it meant that we had to say goodbye to Nombeko Augustė Khotseng with “Reikia man”, Ruslanas Kirilkinas with “Soldier’s Heart”, Bernardas with “Dad, Don’t Be Mad at Me”, Vitalijus Špokaitis with “Nemušk savęs”, Lukas Bartaška with “Where Is That Change?” and Justina Žukauskaitė with “Breathe In”. We hope Bernardas’s dad isn’t mad at him for not qualifying.
The six qualifiers will head to the semi-finals over the next two weeks. There they will compete against the qualifiers from the previous two heats, all vying for the eight places in the grand final, due to take place on 15 February.
Eurovizijos Atranka – Heat three results
- THE ROOP – “On Fire” (12 points)
- Aistė Pilvelytė – “Unbreakable” (10 points)
- KaYra – “Alligator” (8 points)
- Evgenya Redko – “Far” (7 points)
- Rokas Povilius – “Vilnius Calling” (6 points)
- The Backs – “Fully” (5 points)
- Nombeko Augustė Khotseng – “Reikia man” (4 points)
- Ruslanas Kirilkinas – “Soldier’s Heart” (3 points)
- Bernardas – “Dad, Don’t Be Mad at Me” (2 points)
- Vitalijus Špokaitis – “Nemušk savęs” (1 point)
- Lukas Bartaška – “Where Is That Change?” (0 points)
- Justina Žukauskaitė – “Breathe In” (0 points)
What do you think of this week’s six qualifiers? Could any of these acts go on to win? Tell us your thoughts below!