Just hours before the opening credits roll on the grand final of Slovenia’s EMA 2020, we can reveal that one act has the backing of most of our readers. If their taste is to be trusted, Lina Kuduzović should win with “Man Like U”.
However, there is one note of caution: most votes were cast based on snippets, so results may change completely once we hear all the live songs in full.
Lina Kuduzović is your favourite to win Slovenia’s EMA 2020 with “Man Like U”
After counting a total of 1,665 votes, we can confirm that Lina is a comfortable favourite to emerge victorious in tonight’s finale. “Man Like U” picked up 472 votes or 28.35% of all votes cast.
Should Lina win, she will be the third confirmed former Junior Eurovision singer in Rotterdam, after Malta’s Destiny and Greece’s Stefania. Lina, of course, placed third at the contest in 2015 with “Prva ljubezen”.
Some way behind is Gaja Prestor with “Verjamem Vase”. She attracted 329 votes or 19.76% of all votes cast.
The EMA 2020 format will see two rounds of voting. The first will see all 12 acts perform. This will be voted on by the professional jury only. Two acts will progress to the superfinal. So, if our readers’ opinions align with those of Slovenia’s expert panel, we should see Gaja battle it out with Lina in the last round. The superfinal results are determined by televote alone.
Rounding out the top three is another familiar face — Tinkara Kovač. The flautist brought Slovenia to the Eurovision final in 2014, and six years on she remains a popular figure with the fans. “Forever” secured 244 votes or 14.64%.
No other acts hit double digits in terms of percentage share of the vote. However, Imset, Inmate and Klara Jazbec all managed to secure more than 100 votes each.
Poll Results: Who should win Slovenia’s EMA 2020?
- Lina Kuduzović – Man Like U 28.35% (472 votes)
- Gaja Prestor – Verjamem Vase 19.76% (329 votes)
- Tinkara Kovač – Forever 14.65% (244 votes)
- Imset – Femme Fatale 7.99% (133 votes)
- Inmate – The Salt 7.57% (126 votes)
- Klara Jazbec – Stop The World 7.27% (121 votes)
- Ana Soklič – Voda 4.26% (71 votes)
- Parvani Violet – Cupid 3.6% (60 votes)
- Saška – Še kar lovim tvoj nasmeh 2.94% (49 votes)
- Simon Vadnjal – Nisi Sam 1.8% (30 votes)
- Manca Berlec – Večnost 1.08% (18 votes)
- Božidar Wolfand Wolf – Maybe Someday 0.72% (12 votes)
Total Votes: 1,665
Do you agree with the results? Are Lina and Gaja also your top two? Let us know in the comments.