Twelve acts will battle it out in Friday evening’s show. But only one act can win Natsionalniy Otbor 2020 and sing for Belarus at Eurovision 2020.
And while we’ll have to wait some hours for the final results, we can reveal who our readers want to win. And it was very tight at the top. But after counting 2,858 votes, we can confirm that CHAKRAS are our readers’ favourites to win the national final.
Poll results: Chakras should win Belarus’ national final for Eurovision 2020
The “La-ley-la” group racked up 723 votes or 25.30% of all votes cast.
But the operatic trio only won by a very slim margin. National final veteran NAPOLI is only 19 votes behind. The “Dоn’t Let Me Down” singer took home 704 votes or 24.63% of all votes cast.
Speaking to wiwibloggs, NAPOLI explains the meaning behind her song: “It’s about relationships between people. It’s a very difficult topic because when people have relationships not everyone is honest with each other! And it’s making me very sad! I just want people to value the honesty and loyalty of their couple and not betray under any circumstances! I want everyone to be happy and believe in love!” Read the full interview.
Rounding up the top three comes Wiwi Jury favourite KeySi and her uptempo track “Chili Pepper”. She collected 582 votes, getting a 20.36% share of all votes cast.
Antranig writes: “Serving extra hot jalapeño realness. Forget the Melfest Hall of Fame — this piece of pure art belongs in the Eleni Foureira Museum of Fire. While it might not quite reach the levels of the fire queen, this is the best song Belarus have ever had at their disposal”. Read the complete Wiwi Jury.
The top three took over 70% of the vote between them.
However, two other acts favored by our in-house panel of music unprofessionals, VAL and Anastasiya Glamozda complete the top five. VAL garnered 230 votes (8.05%) while Anastasiya had the support of 172 readers (6.02%).
Poll results: Belarus’s National Final 2020
- CHAKRAS with “La-ley-la” – 25.30% (723 votes)
- NAPOLI with “Don’t Let Me Down” – 24.63% (704 votes)
- KeySi with “Chili Pepper” – 20.36% (582 votes)
- VAL with “Da Vidna” – 8.05% (230 votes)
- Anastasiya Glamozda with “Burning Again” – 6.02% (172 votes)
- Angelika Pushnova with “True Love” – 5.07% (145 votes)
- Anastasiya Razvadovskaya with “Hello” – 2.13% (61 votes)
- Anastasiya Malashkevich with “Invisible” – 1.85% (53 votes)
- Sasha Zakharik with “Rocky Road” – 1.82% (52 votes)
- Yan Yaroche with “Fire” – 1.71% (49 votes)
- Darya Khmelnitskaya with “On Fire” – 1.57% (45 votes)
- AURA with “Barani Svajo” – 1.47% (42 votes)
Total votes: 2,858 votes
Do you agree with the results? Who should represent Belarus in Rotterdam? Sound off in the comments below!