All 28 Melodifestivalen 2019 entries officially became available to purchase and stream last weekend. And as usual, the contest has flooded Sweden’s official single chart.
The latest Sverigetopplistan top 100 published on Friday, 28 February, features a total of 15 songs from the country’s Eurovision selection process.
Of these, two have broken the top 10 — Anis don Demina and Hanna Ferm.
Melodifestivalen 2020 in the charts
After initially entering the chart at #19, Anis don Demina jumps an impressive 14 spots to #5 and leads the Mello pack with “Vem e som oss”.
Despite dominating the Spotify charts earlier in the week, Hanna Ferm must make do with #9 for “Brave”.
However, it should be noted that the chart runs from Friday to Thursday. This means that Anis enjoyed a lead of almost two days over Hanna. As with all the direct finalists, “Brave” was only commercially released after semi-final four on Saturday night.
Drängarna and Dotter bring the number of top 20 Melfest tracks to four. “Piga och dräng” is at #13 while “Bulletproof” debuts at #14.
Elsewhere, The Mamas and “Move” sit at #23 while Anna Bergendahl is just behind with “Kingdom Come” at #25.
Paul Rey is the only other act to crack the top 40. “Talking In My Sleep” is at #33.
You can check out the full chart positions of Melodifestivalen 2020 acts below. The countdown includes two eliminated acts — William Stridh and Jakob Karlberg.
Unusually, not all of the direct finalists have made the cut. Mariette is not inside the top 100. Andra Chansen acts Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron and Frida Öhrn are also absent.
Sweden’s Sverigetopplistan 28 February 2020
5. Anis don Demina “Vem e som oss” (up from #19)
9. Hanna Ferm “Brave” (new entry)
13. Drängarna “Piga och dräng” (up from #32)
14. Dotter “Bulletprood” (new entry)
23. The Mamas “Move” (new entry)
25. Anna Bergendahl “Kingdom Come” (new entry)
33. Paul Rey “Talking In My Sleep” (up from #65)
44. Victor Crone “Troubled Waters” (new entry)
50. Robin Bengtsson “Take A Chance” (new entry)
61. Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrella “Vamos amigos” (up from 78)
66. William Stridh “Molnljus” (new entry)
67. FELIX SANDMAN “Boys With Emotions” (down from 62)
73. Malou Prytz “Ballerina” (re-entry)
78. Mohombi “Winners” (new entry)
95. Jakob Karlberg “Om du tror att jag saknar dig” (new entry)
Of course, the Melodifestivalen 2020 winner won’t be determined by the charts. Nevertheless, they can potentially offer an insight as to what songs the Swedish public are backing.
What do you think? Do you agree with the chart rankings? How did your favourites do? Let us know in the comments below.