Six weeks of schlager, sparkles and Swedish stadium shows are about to come to an end.

Twelve acts will take to the stage at Friends Arena on March 7 for the final of Melodifestivalen 2020. The winner will succeed John Lundvik and become Sweden’s act for Eurovision 2020 in Rotterdam.

Eight acts advanced direct from the semi-finals and a final four made it from the duels of Andra Chansen. Now all of them have a shot at winning the ticket to Rotterdam.

And we want to know who you think it should be.

Perhaps you think Hanna Ferm‘s time has arrived? Or maybe The Mamas make you want to move? Perhaps you’re in love with Dotter‘s laser light show or maybe you think Anna Bergendahl deserves her chance at redemption? Whoever you’re backing we want to hear from you.

You can vote for as many of Saturday night’s acts as you like in the poll below. But make your vote count: You can only vote once. We’ll reveal results before the acts go on stage on March 7.

Who should win the final of Melodifestivalen 2020?

1. Victor Crone – “Troubled Waters”

2. Paul Rey – “Talking In My Sleep”

3. The Mamas – “Move”

4. Mohombi – “Winners”

5. Hanna Ferm – “Brave”

6. Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrella – “Vamos Amigos”

7. Dotter – “Bulletproof”

8. Robin Bengtsson – “Take A Chance”

9. Mariette – “Shout It Out”

10. Felix Sandman – “Boys With Emotions”

11. Anna Bergendahl – “Kingdom Come”

12. Anis Don Demina – “Vem e som oss”

Voting in the final will be split between app, televote and international juries.

There are eight international juries and they will cast their votes based on Friday night’s dress rehearsal. The public will then vote using the Melodifestivalen app and televote during the final.

As is customary, as the host nation The Netherlands has been invited to participate as one of the international juries. The other juries come from AustraliaAustria, ArmeniaFranceIcelandIsrael and Malta.

YOU CAN GET MORE MELODIFESTIVALEN EUROVISION NEWS HERE

Gunilla
Gunilla

Hello Sweeds!

Är det bara jag som har en känsla att Dotter inte alls kommer få så mycket telerösterna!? Orolig, hon är bäst. Vad får ni för signaler när ni pratar med folk? Kan ju säkert vara olika på olika platser.

Anna, the Mamas tror jag kan få mer telröser och ev Hanna som har mycket streams på Spotyfy och tilltalar småtjejer och tanterna kommer rösta aldeles för mycket på Robin … för han ser ju trevlig ut som mamma sa. Grrrr…

Metalvision Song Contest

If you think Dotter is an obvious choice, consider the playing field among the other contestants: This year is (once again) full of ballads… and much more mediocre ones than in previous years (in contrast, 2010 for example had a lot more “epic” and “bombastic” ballads). Bulletproof would just be another girly ballad added to the mix. Consider how Germany (!), of all things, shot up by providing one of the few danceable and engaging songs of the year so far (and I’m not even a particular fan of it). Fuego came in second place in 2018 precisely for the… Read more »

Denis
Denis

Anna wouldn¨t stand out either. It’s a outdated schlager song carried by a good singer. Exactly the kind of song Jessica Andersson would sing, except that no one would like it if she sang it. It’s more ballad than up tempo.
Dotter isn’t a ballad either. It¨s more alternative pop than ballad, like Loreen

Milde
Milde

I hope the trophy will go to either Dotter or the Mamas.
I’m also cheering for Paul Rey, but I don’t see him as likely winner.

Tom
Tom

Dotter is my favorite but maybe someone else will take the trophy ….

BleuKnaveXD236
BleuKnaveXD236

Thoughts on all participants… Victor: he just needs to learn to dance but I do love watching him dance like me XD, way better than his song last year Paul Rey: he has a voice for rock… wish that was the genre of his song. Staging is to empty. The Mama’s: almost perfect(imo) but maybe change the staging a bit as it gets messy towards the end. Great voices Mohombi: staging seems been there done it, but is to empty(imo), good voice and bit to generic/forgettable to me Hana: dress is a no gurl… staging is also a no. But… Read more »

ESCJudge
ESCJudge
Reply to  BleuKnaveXD236

Good summary. Logically, based on arguments (yours as well as mine) The Mammas should win… but… it’s Swedes. 😛
Sweds who kicked out Loreen’s “Statements” and Dotter’s “Cry” and chose “Las Vegas” in 2005 -I won’t ever forget those choices and I won’t be surprised if they choose odd this year… like arguments do not count 😛
We’ll see.

(My shortlist is The Mammas and Paul Rey)

BleuKnaveXD236
BleuKnaveXD236
Reply to  ESCJudge

Didn’t watch the 2nd chance thing but heard Paul really improved so I’m keeping an open mind on him 🙂

Patrick Mackin
Patrick Mackin

If they want out of the semi.final of death they need to go with the mamas its jury friendly and they outshone john last year

ESCJudge
ESCJudge

Paul Rey made a huuuuuuuge improvement since his SF… He was the best in Andra… and he became my favourite of the final after all…
1. Paul Rey
2. The Mammas

(I’ve heard both songs just two times each… The Mammas in SF1, Paul Ray in SF and Andra)

I don’t care spotify, bets or other polls…
It’s the impression that counts and Paul Rey made a huge one… also The Mammas and.. ok… Dotter to.
But for me it’s “Talking in my sleep” for Rotterdam.

Michael Novotny
Michael Novotny

Hanna and Dotter’s song are incredibly lacking, and at best quite mediocre. You take away the staging from Dotter’s song, and it’s something akin to a B side on some pop album 5 years ago. It’s not that impressive. If the lyrics weren’t so cheesy, the music production of Boys with Emotions would’ve been great.

Pierre
Pierre

I would say Dotter or Hanne would score the highest internationally. But prefer the former.

Kirby
Kirby

Dotter is the one and only.

I think the choice is pretty obvious. Dotter is overall the best option, and I’m not really a big fan of any other songs in here. Not even Anna. I’m really sorry but I don’t get the hype around her, this genre was done at Mello already, and better. I mean it’d be a nice story that she returns 10 years after her first participation, but this might only qualify thanks to the juries who always seem to like Sweden no matter what they send. So yeah, Dotter or failure.

Dawid
Dawid

Dotter deserves to win for that staging alone.

My Vision
My Vision

There are literary only two entries out of the bunch worthy of winning: Dotter or Anna Bergendahl, the rest are either too mediocre or simply bad.

Goo Dotter ! Goo Anna !

Bob
Bob

I have this feeling that Paul Rey will win the jury vote, because the top score will be split amongst the amazing ladies and he will be left standing on top. Mariette can also do well with the juries.
– I see Hanna Ferm winning the televote, and I really don’t want that to happen. I want Dotter or Anna to win, but I suspect Hanna might steal the trophy in the end. Please prove me wrong, Swedes!
(I also like Felix but I don’t think he’s the best choice for ESC)

NICK
NICK
Reply to  Bob

Have actually not heard any of my friends here in sweden that liked the Hanna song. Friends in age 30-40. It’s all about Dotter or The Mamas. I think the mamas are going to take the trophy.

Erik
Erik
Reply to  NICK

Yep. People in their 20s or 50s I’ve spoken to say either Dotter or The Manas

KuhKatz
KuhKatz

I do have my favourites, and I do swim against the stream with Robin and Victor.

But overall, I still think that there is no one, that will have a shot at winning in may. Mostly are to predictable and not really standouts.

Pierre
Pierre
Reply to  KuhKatz

Robin doesn’t hit the high notes but just falls of. His voice is simply not strong enough.

Mark
Mark

Dotter! With her Sweden will win ESC

Logical Person
Logical Person

There’s only one correct answer: Dotter.

Burp
Burp
Reply to  Logical Person

Don’t state an opinion as a fact.

Helene
Helene

I also like Dotter and Felix the most. He was so much better in the second chance. However sending another popboy with amazing visuals is not a good Idea. I do like the message and they way he moves on the stage. Really great performance. But I hope Dotter wins.

Pasadena
Pasadena
Reply to  Helene

Same here. 1) Dotter 2) Felix.

Cviti97
Cviti97

I think Mamas or Anna will win jury vote and Dotter will win the televote. As for the end result I think and hope Dotter will pull forward.

Reply to  Cviti97

I think it will be the other way around. Dotter will win jury, Anna/Mamas the televote.

NICK
NICK
Reply to  Jonas

An the mamas could get quite high from both I think

Mia
Mia

Dotter or Felix Sandman

Roy Moreno
Roy Moreno

The Mamas! Please!

Film
Film

Im rooting for Dotter and Felix.

Edward
Edward

With all of the shock results yesterday, I’m worried about UMK and Melodifestivalen, I don’t think it’s in the bag for Dotter considering the fact she was robbed in the semi finals back in 2017, it could happen again…

Paulius
Paulius

quite honestly, no one

Reply to  Paulius

But why is that? Context please.
You don’t like the songs, the artists, the costumes, Sweden, or is it coronavirus-related? Or are you just generally negative?

I haven’t the foggiest idea.
Best of luck to all of them.

I’m ready to get downvoted but Dotter is what you would expect from Sweden at Esc.
What makes Sweden so predictable in recent years. Very polished, sterile, cold, calculated, etc. It lacks that genuine factor. My opinion

Grafton
Grafton
Reply to  Alex

So who would you send them? She’s the most original among all the finalists.

Reply to  Grafton

Probably Anna or Mamas. Because of the enjoyment live. More likeable. They feel less calculated. It’s what I can imagine my friends or my parents liking the most.
Anyway Ik I’m not in the majority

Burp
Burp
Reply to  Alex

I totally agree with you, Alex

Michael Novotny
Michael Novotny
Reply to  Alex

agreed mate! It’s cold and boring, and Hannah’s is even worse.

Serafina
Serafina

Dotter has my favorite song
Anna has my favorite performance
I’m down for either one of these two. I like The Mama’s energy too so I won’t be mad if they win. Felix and Hanna overrated

Kosey
Kosey

So my favorites are coming top and bottom. Not sure what that says for my music taste – maybe random?

Ago
Ago

DOTTER.

bercolata
bercolata

This year I wish a woman wins, I prefer Dotter but I won’t mind Anna or The Mamas.

Jake
Jake

I might not be a real avid Eurovision judge but I feel like it’s more of the same if Sweden pick Bulletproof… maybe that’s not a bad thing in other peoples opinion, I don’t know.

Lola
Lola

The Mama’s for me! I do think they could stand out enough in semi 1. Don’t forget there are already a lot of female solo (ballad) songs in this semi, most of them in the 2nd half, and Bulletproof is not the best one imo. The song is ok, but the live performance falls flat for me. Sweden, please bring Loreen back, she should have won with Statements in 2017.

MartyMcCU
MartyMcCU

I have a feeling Sweden will send ANIS DON DEMINA, currently receiving more success than other MF 2020 track on the Swedish Radio. If they send it which I can see happening , no final for Sweden this year.

Lokh
Lokh
Reply to  MartyMcCU

Don’t piss into underpants.
Demina will repeat fate Rolandz.

Denis
Denis
Reply to  MartyMcCU

No on else is seeing him winning

diana
diana
Reply to  MartyMcCU

you’re delulu if u believe that

UmBv
UmBv
Reply to  MartyMcCU

Anis is one of my favourite but this is never happening lol

Lokh
Lokh

Victor, Paul or Robin.
But everything is weak. Mr Bjorkman wanted to win until 2020? Alas, there is no way…although the year is weak.

Andrei
Andrei

Dotter for the win! I’m shocked that Granny-voiced Anna is at no. 2 in this poll. Let them pick her, and see them not qualifying for the second time! Amen to that

Lokh
Lokh
Reply to  Andrei

Anna’s voice is similar to mezzo-soprano, he’s beautiful, what does grandma have to do with it?

ESC Nils
ESC Nils

I don’t know why everyone is THAT obsessed with Dotter. Calm down! She might win Mello, she has trong competitors though, don’t be so sure she is the only winner, because you might get REALLY disappointed if she doesn’t win. Her biggest competitors are Anna and The Mamas I think. I would actually prefer Anna to Dotter just because there’s something in her that makes me love her, she’s charismatic and has the most memorable and standout song of all the entries this year. Her running position is basically telling that she won the semifinal against Dotter, I’m not saying… Read more »

Belle
Belle
Reply to  ESC Nils

I will remember you that both Loreen and Måns had running order #6. Maybe Dotter won the semifinal and they wanted to do the competition more exciting? You don’t know a shit. Go Dotter!

Belle
Belle
Reply to  ESC Nils

Well both Loreen and Måns had running order #6. So I think the running order don’t mean that much. Maybe Dotter won the semi easily and they want to make competition more exciting?

Denis
Denis
Reply to  ESC Nils

And I wouldn’t bet on Swedes voting for former winners to represent us again, especially one that failed to qualify. We still haven’t forgotten that. Especially when this song is weaker then the one she couldn’t qualify with. Are we really sure she will qualify? Can we trust her with that?
Anna is better than the basic song she has.

Denis
Denis

I do think Dotter is the one to beat. The consensus here is Sweden is that she will win, everyone is talking about her. And realistically speaking is there really anyone that can threaten her?
So Dotter it is or shoot us in the middle where our hearts are supposed to be!

Gunilla
Gunilla
Reply to  Denis

Were in Sweden? : )

Victor Crone and Dotter for the win ! The only upbeat and catchy songs that I see doing well at this year’s eurovision ballad contest. Sweden will pick good though, as they always do, so i’m interested to find out.

Roelof Meesters
Roelof Meesters

I know it might sound crazy, but Bulletproof might be Sweden’s only chance at (sure-fire) qualification… All other entries would struggle in Semi- Final 1.

Denis
Denis

No they wouldn’t bet they would struggle to get top 5. Some even struggle to get top 10

David
David

Roelof, that is some bs. In term of qualifying, Sweden is almost 100% sure qualifier no matter what song wins on Saturday.. the competition so far is weak

ESC LOU
ESC LOU

I really am not a big fan of Bulletproof and i’d prefer almost any of the others to win 🙁

Katariina
Katariina

Dotter has to win. Potential victory for Sweden if they send her.

Mkkk

Idc, I just hope Armenia wins the 2022 WC

KESC
KESC

The Mamas or Dotter please!!

Lolek
Lolek

I’m voting Dotter but wouldn’t be upset if Anna goes.

Jake
Jake
Reply to  Lolek

I was going to vote for Move but Anna Bergendahl’s “Kingdom Come” just was slightly better in my opinion.

sam
sam

dotter, felix, or anna bergendahl but dotterdam is too iconic of a coincidence to not happen

diana

La la love
La la love
Reply to  Belle

Lmao

Alex M
Alex M

For me everything is generic in this selection. I find “Bulletproof” and “Move” at least somewhat pleasant to listen to, but songwise it’s definitely not anywhere near the top 5 material. “Boys With Emotions” is probably my favorite of this bunch, but that Felix guy is just so bad at performing it…

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Alex M

bulletproof and move are the only 2 options tbh, perhaps kingdom come as well. boys with emotions makes my ears want to unattach from my head and throw themselves in a blender

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Ashton Schier

wow thanks for the downvotes just for an opinion everybody