With only two days left until the Melodifestivalen 2020 grand final on Saturday, we are starting to see a pattern emerge of where the public is leaning and who the potential winner could be. Dotter still remains the favourite to win if we are to listen to the bookies.
When we last checked the odds, Dotter was still in the lead position with the odds 2.0. However, as of this morning (Thursday, March 5), Unibet’s odds for Dotter have decreased to 1.55, meaning Dotter’s chances of winning have increased.
On Unibet the gap still remains wide between Dotter in first place and Anna Bergendahl in second place with the odds 4.75. The Mamas’ odds have also improved during the week and as of this morning, The Mamas have passed Hanna Ferm and are currently sharing the second place along with Anna Bergendahl.
Hanna Ferm has dropped down to third place, with the odds 9.00 to win. According to the bookmakers, it looks like it will be a battle of the girls this year!
Melodifestivalen 2020 acts on Spotify March 5
While Dotter remains the bookies’ favourite to win, it’s a slightly different story on Spotify. Anis don Demina is the Melodifestivalen act with the highest amount of plays, followed by Felix Sandman and Paul Rey.
It is important to point out is that these three acts, together with Mendez ft. Alvaro Estrella, all qualified through Andra Chansen, meaning their songs have been available on Spotify and YouTube longer than the acts that qualified straight to the final. If we look at those acts that qualified straight to the final, we see Dotter in the lead followed by Hanna Ferm in second place and Anna Bergendahl in third place.
- Anis don Demina – 2,235,222 streams
- Felix Sandman – 2,012,752 streams
- Paul Rey – 1,669,360 streams
- Dotter – 1,558,170 streams
- Hanna Ferm – 1,487,029 streams
- Mendez ft. Alvaro Estrella – 1,224,061 streams
- The Mamas – 1,174,506 streams
- Anna Bergendahl – 1,166,866 streams
- Victor Crone – 837,733 streams
- Robin Bengtsson – 825,945 streams
- Mohombi – 637,530 streams
- Mariette – 476,779 streams
Melodifestivalen 2020 acts on YouTube March 5
The views on YouTube differ a bit compared to the number of streams on Spotify, however, Anis don Demina leads the YouTube streams as well. He is followed by Dotter in second place and Hanna Ferm in third place.
- Anis don Demina – 651,526 views
- Dotter – 505,587 views
- Hanna Ferm – 459,020 views
- Felix Sandman – 432,593 views
- Anna Bergendahl – 306,505 views
- Mendez ft. Alvaro Estrella – 291,386 views
- The Mamas – 271,630 views
- Paul Rey – 212,304 views
- Victor Crone – 194,815 views
- Robin Bengtsson – 149,860 views
- Mohombi – 103,895 views
- Mariette – 72,629 views
If we also have a look at the comments posted on YouTube and how people engage with the Melodifestivalen 2020 acts, Dotter stands out among the 12 finalists. As of now, over 2,500 comments have been left on Dotter’s “Bulletproof” while over 1000 comments have been posted on Hanna Ferm’s “Brave”, and just over 1000 comments on Anis don Demina’s “Vem e som oss”.
- Dotter – 2568 comments
- Hanna Ferm – 1077 comments
- Anis don Demina – 1005 comments
- Anna Bergendahl – 678 comments
- Felix Sandman – 639 comments
- The Mamas – 593 comments
- Paul Rey – 531 comments
- Victor Crone – 482 comments
- Mendez ft. Alvaro Estrella – 375 comments
- Mohombi – 306 comments
- Robin Bengtsson – 266 comments
- Mariette – 137 comments
What do you think of these indicators? Do the odds predict the winner or will there be a surprise? Comment below with what you think!