After a two-tier wildcard selection and a ten-song grand final, we’ll soon know who will win Dansk Melodi Grand Prix and earn the right to sing for Denmark at Eurovision 2020.
After a close — and we mean real close — open poll, we can reveal that the Danish act you’d like to see win is Ben & Tan, with their uplifting track “Yes”.
Earlier this week we asked our readers to vote in our poll. After counting 2,264 votes, the duo racked up 832 votes or 36.75% of all votes cast. Ben & Tan qualified through the P4 wildcard selection, which saw them emerge as the winners of the Eastern Denmark group over Samsara and Søren Okholm. “Yes” has heavyweights behind it. The team includes prolific Swedish composer and former Mello act, Jimmy Jansson, and “Heroes” writer, Linnea Deb. Emil Lei completes this notable team.
In second place is another duo, Jasmin Rose feat. RoxorLoops, with their ethereal dance single “Human”. They earned 796 votes, or 35.16% of the total votes. You might know RoxorLoops from before, as he was part of Witloof Bay, the acapella group that represented Belgium at Eurovision 2011. Their song is composed by Erik Smaaland, Gavin Jones and Grace Risch, as well as Lise Cabble, notable for writing past Danish entries, such as “Love is Forever” and the Eurovision winner, “Only Teardrops”.
These are the two acts that have fired up the fanbase. Third placed Kenny Duerlund only received 7.24% of the vote.
Poll results: Who should win Denmark’s Melodi Grand Prix 2020?
- Ben & Tan – “Yes” 832 36.75%
- Jasmin Rose feat. RoxorLoops – “Human” 796 35.16%
- Kenny Duerlund – “Forget It All” 164 7.24%
- Sander Sanchez – “Screens” 120 5.30%
- Maja & De Sarte Sjæle – “Den eneste goth i Vejle” 94 4.15%
- Sys Bjerre – “Honestly” 83 3.67%
- Jamie Talbot – “Bye Bye Heaven” 56 2.47%
- Emil – “Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig” 55 2.43%
- Isam B – “Bølger” 38 1.68%
- Benjamin Kissi – “Faith” 26 1.15%
Who is your favourite in DMGP 2020? Which act and song do you think would be best for Eurovision? Let us know in the comments below!