She represented San Marino at Eurovision 2011. And now, Senhit Zadik Zadik is back for revenge nine years later, ready to slay the competition with a new attitude.

Today the singer revealed two tracks, “Freaky!” and “Obsessed”, which are now going to fight their way onto the stage in Rotterdam, in a digital battle that will last less than 48 hours!

San Marino Eurovision 2020 Entries

Senhit has submitted two entries for the judgment of fans around the world. Both songs reflect her contemporary style and are an expression of the singer’s great love for electropop, the genre that has marked her latest recording works.

It is time for you to choose which song you would like to see representing San Marino. You can listen to the two songs over at Senhit’s website over to Senhit’s website and vote for your favourite. Senhit’s voting period closes at 23:59 CET tomorrow, Sunday 8 March.

“Freaky” is a fun disco track, which follows Serhat and Valentina & Jimmy in San Marino’s great Eurovision disco tradition.

The song has a very persuasive intro, in which the singer sings in a sensual way a hook that will be repeated throughout the song.

So when you touch me I feel your love all over my body, you make me feel like I’m spinnin’ from the way that you want me“.

After a few seconds the mood of the song changes completely, turning into a hymn to freedom and embracing diversity, to the rhythm of electro-disco beats.

Sparkle it up, dressing in colors, ’cause life is good when we’re freaky, freaky freaky / We wanna break all the rules / Life goes by too quickly not to be freakin’ it up“.

We can really see this song set the stage on fire!

Some people think our love is freaky freaky freaky. They say we cray, or must be fakin’, but you and I will like it. Freaky freaky freaky!“.

“Obsessed” is a revamped English-language version of Senhit’s 2019 single “Un bel niente”.

In this song love is at the center of everything, a feeling that makes us feel on cloud number nine, but that can make us become obsessed, like a drug.

Too hard to resist, no choice, I lost my defense, like a daydream coming true / My heart is not working in order, you got me addicted

The text of “Obsessed” has nothing to do with the original version. In the English lyrics Senhit sings of a love that makes our vulnerabilities bloom and resets our defenses.

Save me, babe, help me get my mind off you, I’m such a mess, I’m so obsessed / ‘Cause in my head, all I see is you and me, I’m not myself anymore“.

Flash Wiwi Poll: What song should represent San Marino at Eurovision 2020?

We also want to know what you think of Senhit’s two songs. After you’ve listened to the two songs, vote for the one you like best in our poll!

Which song should win? Are you #TeamFreaky or #TeamObsessed? Let us know in the comments.

Follow all of our San Marino Eurovision 2020 news

hebbuzz
hebbuzz

Obsessed was slightly better imho.

Bob
Bob

None of them are interesting, but San Marino should go with Freaky if they want to focus on trying to get to the final.

Juan
Juan

Guys, you are being harsh just because it is from San Marino. It is semifinal 2, and it stands out. Like, a lot. Lyrics of Armenia are worse, instrumentals of France are duller. Both songs are catchier than Georgia. And it definitly is more original than Estonia. So…not so bad, right? Furthermore, she is not in the bloodbath of the first semifinal, so I think there is some sort of chance.

jim
jim

So we have to choose between two terrible songs? Lol

Tajikistan
Tajikistan

This must be the cheapest national final ever, and probably the first one hosted and organised by artist themselves xD

San Marino absolutely must choose Freaky! Fun, catchy lyrics and a great vibe – disco is clearly what San Marino is best at 🙂
Obsessed’s lyrics just don’t do it for me, and the instrumental is not all that remarkable for most of the song.

Jakub
Jakub

None of them is good. I hoped San Marino will bring more quality this year.

blondboybc
blondboybc

Neither, just no to both. 5/10

Fan From Texas
Fan From Texas

Neither. Serhat’s song last year was better than either one of these. At least she can sing on key better than Serhat. Good luck San Marino…your going to need it.

Do we know who wrote these songs?

jim
jim
Reply to  Jonas

Valentina’s dog!

Milan
Milan

“Freaky” stands out a bit more, I think they should go with that.

Eddy
Eddy

It’s a shame she used the English version for ‘Obsessed’, the original Italian one was actually quite solid and felt a bit more original and refined, avoiding the cliché lyrics and mediocre pronunciation of the English one. Nonetheless, it’s a decent and catchy entry, but nothing special either. ‘Freaky’ is more suited to ESC and would be a more natural follow up to San Marino’s previous endeavours. Doesn’t have the charm and hook to make as much of an audience impact as Say Na Na Na, nor does she have Serhat’s charisma. But in a weak year with many slow… Read more »

After two more times of listening to them, I definitely concur that ”guilty pleasure” is what they’re aiming at. That’s what they mostly did in the last couple of years, so why not? We need some fun in the contest as well. Out of two, the sillier, messier and thus, funnier one is Freaky. I can see it in a similar category as Sanmarinese gems such as The Social Network Song, Say Na Na Na and Spirit of the Night. We aren’t talking about deep and emotional heavy-lifters, but sometimes these entries really turn out to be very memorable and… Read more »

Sanscemo
Sanscemo

To be honest I think people are being too harsh and judgemental, because it’s San Marino. Both songs would be the best Sammarinese entry ever, the production of both “Freaky!” and “Obsessed” is on point (then we can argue on wether we like it or not, that’s a matter of taste). Finally we can see an actual professional and serious effort from this country, after a lot of amateurish choices. They won’t win, we are aware of that, but their entry will be better than at least ten, if not more, entries we already know this year. And what about… Read more »

trackback

[…] Senhit releases “Freaky!” and “Obsessed” and opens online vote  wiwibloggs […]

Citizen of Memel
Citizen of Memel

Although neither “Freaky” nor “Obsessed” scream “I want to qualify!”, the later one is a better choice. Not sure if more than one retro entry would do any favor for them so I’d stick with some club pop.

#ObsessedForTheWin

First row at ESC & JESC
First row at ESC & JESC

If I could choose between these 2 songs (Freaky! and Obsessed) – I would pick her song “HEART ACHE” ….that is 120 % better than these mediocre songs.

Ooo that’s close in the Wiwi poll.
Honestly, while I highly respect Senhit, I am perhaps not the best person to ask when it comes to this type of music, as it’s not really my thing. But if I had to choose, “Obsessed” would be my choice. This is simply because the word “freaky” has negative connotations for me, as it is associated with bullying where I grew up.

I prefer Obsessed. I think it has a better chance of qualifying. Maybe she should have consulted with Luca Tommassini about which song he could work better with? I think that would have been better than asking us, when opinion seems to be evenly split. Good luck, Senhit! May the best song win.

xohxoh
xohxoh

Both songs are equally mediocre, so it’s hard to choose.

Teeks
Teeks

Rooting for Obsessed here, but isn’t the cut-off date for release the end of the previous September? Un bel niente was released on September 13…

Reply to  Teeks

No, the songs can’t have been released or performed publicly before September 1st, so she’s good.

Hector
Hector

I’ve never seen such a tie in the poll! Incredible!

blondboybc
blondboybc
Reply to  Hector

What does that tell you?

Puff
Puff

Lmao the poll is EVEN! 720 votes on both.

Emkay
Emkay

Wow, this is the closest I’ve seen any of the wiwibloggs polls. Personally I think it should be Obsessed. Freaky just sounds too gaudy imo.

I voted for Obsessed because I like it better as a song, but in hindsight, while I wasn’t crazy about it in audio form, Freaky probably lends itself to better staging and would stand out a lot. Ooh, my favorite country is looking alright for 2020!

JohntheGo

This is quite a cool novel approach, but I just don’t understand why they didn’t do this in mid/late-January when they would have had no competition. Even the announcement of this has just been lost in news about Cyprus, Sweden, Finland, North Macedonia and others. Bit of a shame.

Albert
Albert

Obsessed it’s the best option

Jack
Jack

San Marino is the proof that if you have a good song and a stage show you can do really well. Daddy Serhat came 3rd in his semi and 10th in televote in the final and UK still complains that people don’t vote them due to Brexit. Watch Senhit doing better than last year

uzhas
uzhas
Reply to  Jack

As fun as Serhat was, you cannot deny that Turkish diaspora boosted him

Fast Food Music Lover
Fast Food Music Lover
Reply to  uzhas

He did not qualify on his first try, you know.

Henrikh Mugosa
Henrikh Mugosa

His first attempt didn’t blatantly fish for those votes. Which Say Na Na Na did.

Angelika
Angelika

FREAKY!
Come on, DISCO!!!

Esc1234
Esc1234

Both songs are better than the Zara house track from Cyprus

Polegend Godgarina

eh, quite disappointing, “obsessed” sounds like a 2016 demo with no redeeming qualities so i voted for “freaky”, it has good performance potential.

Tuvia
Tuvia

I am a simple man.
I hear a bop, I vote.
Freaky it is!

Mo96
Mo96

Bruh the voting is equal ahha

Héctor
Héctor

For San Marino standards this is actually good. Not winning material but could bring San Marino to the final for the second year in a row. That would be more than enough for the microstate. And they are in the weak SF so everything is possible. I would personally go for “Freaky!”. Disco-funky songs aren’t my fav style but I think it will stand out more because we have a lot of ballads this year. It has also more potential for a dynamic and interesting staging. So “Freaky!” would be the wiser choice.

noone
noone

Freaky will be the best song they have ever sent. Still mediocre, though.

Leo
Leo
Reply to  noone

Excuse me, have you heard Crisalide? This stuff can’t compete

Roy Moreno
Roy Moreno

Obsessed is less messy but Freaky! is just more enjoyable
Also, are they giving away Eurovision San Marino 2021 condoms? Cause that’s literally what I’ve seen there after voting, together with a mug and a hat

Reply to  Roy Moreno

They have shirts, hats, notebooks, fortune cookies…and yeah, condoms, surprisingly enough.

Roy Moreno
Roy Moreno
Reply to  Joe

San Marino are such trolls xD

Freck30
Freck30

I like both the songs ! Two different moods
BUT, I checked the SF2 and especially the first part, and I think that Obsessed has more chance to qualify since there is Austria, Cz. Republic, Island, Serbia and maybby Finland and Denmark that would be in the same field of a joyful upbeat song like Freaky
The others slow songs are not that strong (with the exception of Bulgaria and Switzerland in my opinion).

Kosey
Kosey

Obsessed by about a million percent. Freaky is just awful.

James Philip Baldwin
James Philip Baldwin

So San Marino gives us more throwback pop. I’m getting very Kylie or more Dannii Minogue disco pop Vibes. I think Obsessed is a better song to listen to with your headphones on however if you looking at the overall package for the Eurovision I think Freaky could be a better choice because you can have a better stage performance and it does have a Belgium ” What’s the pressure” feel to it. Overall I must confess I would love to see San Marino qualify to the final again this year because I can’t help but cheer for this underdog… Read more »

ESCFan31
ESCFan31

With Obsession, I’m really getting an old school Madonna vibe; particularly “Cherish”.

miskdisky
miskdisky

#teamfreaky

Muzah
Muzah

Freaky is just better as i can imagine it on the stage unlike obsessed which sounds like a very bland carly rae jensen song

aroncido
aroncido
Reply to  Muzah

Carly Rae Jepsen has no bland songs though, only excellent ones. Fire elsewhere.

uzhas
uzhas
Reply to  aroncido

Carly has 0 good songs

aroncido
aroncido
Reply to  uzhas

You may very well think that, but small and insignificant music publications like Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard, Slant Magazine and Stereogum would disagree with you, as they all named her album ‘Emotion’ as one of the best 50 albums of the entire decade.

Thanos
Thanos

Just voted for obsessed. Both songs are nothing special, but obsessed is the best of the two by far!

mr 305 # dale
mr 305 # dale

is nobody gonna talk about the c0nd0m voucher you get when you vote on the website hahahahah

Freck30
Freck30
Reply to  mr 305 # dale

Hell yes I was searching for a comment like that hahaha
San Marino is crazy and never should change

neither

Mariko
Mariko

I like the beginning of Freaky, but the way she sings ‘freaky’ is just so cringy that I can’t enjoy it. For obsessed I only like the last part…

Bart
Bart
Reply to  Mariko

Feel the same!!!

uzhas
uzhas
Reply to  Mariko

the way she sings “freaky” is what makes it more interesting

Erik
Erik

I know the public did not agree with me, but I want Serhat back!

Sal

Literally 🙂

Reply to  noone

LOL!

elizabeth
elizabeth

I vote for option three…….. UK to win :/
These songs are just, ugh.

Sal
Sal

Honestly I think I give up on this year, I barely have a top 5 let alone a top 10 :/

LinusESCfan
LinusESCfan
Reply to  Sal

i have 20 i like and more:)

LinusESCfan
LinusESCfan

If someone think one of these ate better then Bulgaria i cant take that persons jugement in ESC serious . San Marino no final 1000%. San Marino are one of the worst countries in ESC. In my opinion