Outside of Eurovision week itself, the national final season is perhaps the most exciting time of the year for Eurofans. Hundreds of artists/songs battle it out over the course of December to March, all hoping to earn the right to represent their country at Eurovision.
This year, 24 countries chose their Eurovision 2020 entry through a national final. Broadcasters gave the people at home the power to choose who should represent them on the international stage.
Now, we want to know which of these 24 songs chosen through a national final is your favourite.
Take a look through the list below and click on the links to remind yourself of the songs. Then, vote in our poll. As always, you can vote for as many entries as you want, but you can only vote once – so make it count.
Note: For this poll we’re including all songs that were chosen through a public vote. This includes those where the artist themselves had already been internally selected, including Romania and San Marino.
We’re not including countries where the artist was chosen by a public vote, but the song was later selected internally, such as Malta and Georgia.
Eurovision 2020: National final winners
Click on the song titles to be taken to the entry.
- Albania: Arilena Ara – “Fall from the Sky”
- Armenia: Athena Manoukian – “Chains on You”
- Australia: Montaigne – “Don’t Break Me”
- Belarus: VAL – “Da vidna”
- Croatia: Damir Kedžo – “Divlji vjetre”
- Czech Republic: Benny Cristo – “Kemama”
- Denmark: Ben & Tan – “Yes”
- Estonia: Uku Suviste – “What Love Is”
- Finland: Aksel – “Looking Back”
- Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið – “Think About Things”
- Israel: Eden Alene – “Feker libi”
- Italy: Diodato – “Fai rumore”
- Latvia: Samanta Tīna – “Still Breathing”
- Lithuania: The Roop – “On Fire”
- Moldova: Natalia Gordienko – “Prison”
- Norway: Ulrikke – “Attention”
- Poland: Alicja – “Empires”
- Portugal: Elisa – “Medo de sentir”
- Romania: Roxen – “Alcohol You”
- San Marino: Senhit – “Freaky!”
- Serbia: Hurricane – “Hasta la vista”
- Slovenia: Ana Soklič – “Voda”
- Sweden: The Mamas – “Move”
- Ukraine: Go_A – “Solovey”
Who did you vote for? Do you think the winner of Eurovision 2020 would have been amongst these 24 songs? Sound off in the comments below!