The class of 2020 may not have made it all the way to Rotterdam, but many of them will get there eventually. And we can hardly wait for that moment to come.
As it was, 41 acts were about to set sail for Eurovision 2020. They consisted of 17 female soloists, nine bands or duos and 15 male soloists.
For the purposes of this post, we’re all about the men.
As always, we have a tonne of variety in the boys’ locker room. From heartfelt ballads to Justin Timberlake inspired pop, there is much to choose from.
But who is your favourite male solo artist this year? Is it the French actor? The Dutch soul singer? The Finnish equivalent to Ed Sheeran? Or is it someone else from the eclectic bunch? You decide.
The 15 candidates are listed below. Once you’ve checked them all out, vote for your favourites in our poll. You can vote for as many contestants as you like, but you can only vote ONE time, so make it count.
This poll closes in May. It’s up to you, Europe. Start voting now!
Eurovision 2020 — Male Solo Acts
- Austria’s Vincent Bueno – “Alive”
- Croatia’s Damir Kedzo – “Divlji vjetre”
- Cyprus’ Sandro – “Running”
- Czech Republic’s Benny Cristo – “Kemama”
- Estonia’s Uku Suviste – “What love is”
- Finland’s Aksel – “Looking Back”
- France’s Tom Leeb – “Mon alliée (The Best in Me)”
- Georgia’s Tornike Kipiani – “Take Me As I am”
- Germany’s Ben Dolic “Violent Thing”
- Italy’s Diodato – “Fai Rumore”
- The Netherlands’ Jeangu Macrooy – “Grow”
- North Macedonia’s Vasil – “You”
- Spain’s Blas Cantó – “Universo”
- Switzerland’s Gjon’s Tears – “Répondez-moi”
- United Kingdom’s James Newman – “My Last Breath”
Poll: Who is your favourite male solo singer of Eurovision 2020?
Which male solo entry is your favourite? Who do you want to see back next year? Let us know in the comments.