Daneliya Tuleshova America's Got Talent

She won legions of fans around the world when she became Kazakhstan’s first-ever Junior Eurovision representative in 2018. And Daneliya Tuleshova has been expanding her horizons since then. On Tuesday 9 June, eagle-eyed viewers will have seen her appear in episode three of America’s Got Talent’s 15th season.

Daneliya Tuleshova on America’s Got Talent

Sporting darker hair and clothes than some fans might be used to, Daneliya may have been unrecognizable at first glance.

During the pre-performance video package, Daneliya gave a heartfelt explanation of what singing means to her and what it would mean to her to make it in America.

With her mother proudly looking on from the sidelines, and after good luck wishes from judge Simon Cowell, she quickly shook off any nerves as she stepped onto the AGT stage. She sang “Tears of Gold” by Canadian-Moroccan singer Faouzia.

Daneliya belted out every word with emotion and confidence. The audience were immediately behind her, increasing their applause and approval with every note Daneliya made. As the song ended, the crowd and all four judges gave her a well-deserved standing ovation.

Moving to the judges’ critiques, German model Heidi Klum praised Daneliya for the song’s “cool” factor and her transformation during it, stating “You seem so shy, and then “BOOM” the music starts, and you transform into this different person”. She also commented on her stage presence and “swag”.

TV host Howie Mandel then compared her to a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly – “You really just transformed in front of our eyes!”. Even notoriously hard to please judge Simon Cowell showered Daneliya with compliments, saying “It’s kind of your time”. He went on to praise her song choice, even complimenting her “cool” factor. Simon also went on to say he hopes Daneliya’s next song choice is more stripped-down, so her tone can shine. “You’ve got a real, real shot here”, he said, putting an exclamation point on a great audition.

Without hesitation, every judge gave her their “yes” vote, and Daneliya happily walked off stage, receiving a hug from her proud mother, knowing she had advanced to the next round.

Unfortunately, due to the worsening COVID 19 pandemic in the US at the time of taping, production on the show was shut down for several weeks. It is unclear when we will see Daneliya perform next. The first six audition episodes were filmed before the shutdown, and broadcast network NBC is hoping to shoot the Judge Cuts episodes at the end of June with modifications. It is still working out plans to shoot the live episodes.

Daneliya Tuleshova at Junior Eurovision and beyond

At Junior Eurovision 2018 in Minsk, Belarus, Daneliya finished sixth with “Ozine Sen”.  Her bright smile, sweet spirit, and mature voice all gained the young songstress attention, for good reason.

And AGT isn’t Daneliya’s first exposure to U.S. audiences. In 2019, she appeared on The World’s Best, a one-off talent competition bringing together acts from around the globe. Daneliya sang her way into the top eight, before a controversy involving fellow Kazakh singer Dimash Kudaibergen’s withdrawal cast a shadow on the show. Dimash claimed he did not know until the moment of their dual that Daneliya was involved. He refused to compete against younger people just building their careers.

Daneilya then lost her quarterfinal dual against Indian child pianist Lydian Nadhaswaram, who eventually went on to be crowned the show’s champion. Daneliya was also scheduled to give a solo concert in Houston, Texas on 29 March of this year, but that was also cancelled because of pandemic fears.

Do you admire Daneliya’s latest performance? Do you think she can make it all the way to the final of America’s Got Talent? What do you hope she sings next? Let us know in the comments.

Follow all of our Junior Eurovision coverage.

1 month ago

Just a generic question: how come a person of outside USA goes to the US and participate in AGT? I mean, that question about how come she went from Kazakhtan to the US? Token foreign participants to make things more interesting for viewers? I bet that 99% of people there don’t even know where Kazakhstan is. Geography does not seem to be a strong point for most Americans.

Lollipop ESC
Lollipop ESC
1 month ago

I can answer your question. Daneliya said in an interwiew with the Kazakh TV station KTK that AGT sent her a letter and invited her for the show. You can watch this interview here: https://youtu.be/t544KUNvpQU

Reply to  Lollipop ESC

If you say so. I cannot talk about this specific case but there is so much smoke and mirrors in the entertainment industry that I can’t believe it sometimes Castings, auditions tapes, come back next year and so on. They all make it look like someone is great and they can be great but the whole process of making it onto the big screen is very complicated. And this world is very competitive.

Roy Moreno
Roy Moreno
1 month ago

I wonder why Eurovision artists don’t usually perform their Eurovision songs when they compete in reality shows
Just imagine Daneliya performing Ozine Sen on America’s Got Talent, bringing not just her great voice but also something more authentic

Reply to  Roy Moreno

they have to choose one of the options that are given.

Reply to  Roy Moreno

There is probably some agreement stating that contestants can’t use music they competed with on any other talent show or competition? Also, in general, I think US singing show producers are negative about contestants singing songs in other language, because they feel that most TV viewers watching at home won’t be able to connect emotionally to something they don’t understand (However, this the reason I LOVE hearing new songs and learning about new artists and hearing different languages during Eurovision season)

Generic Eurovision Fan
Generic Eurovision Fan
1 month ago

It’s so good that she is continuing to make music.

1 month ago

I agree! It’s wonderful she has such a passion for wanting to make it, in her own terms!

1 month ago

Oh plheaz. I can’t stand these fake shows. I watched a bit only because the girl is in the Eurovision family. These “judges” are props. Vergara has nothing for musical talent, neither does Klum, I know Cowell, ok, and the other guy, I don’t know who he is. These shows – X factor, the voice etc are scripted. These fake reactions are so embarrassing. The judges know who the people who appear on stage are. There are production meetings and such before the shows. Much of the show is rehearsed. Sometimes they humiliate people for “entertainment”. Some of the participants… Read more »

Reply to  Whisker

Can’t say I necessarily disagree with most of your comments, but I still think we can wish Daneliya success!

Reply to  Josh Kennon

I am saying this very respectfully: I wish her well, I wish her not be used by people who are too eager to make money off her. She is a 13 year old girl. The lyrics of the song she auditioned with are too much for a girl her age. And I can see somebody already changed her hair color at some point, most likely for the AGT audition? to look better on TV (sorry naturally she might look washed out). The business of entertainment shows, stage parents, managers, it can all get weird and borderline dangerous for children. I… Read more »

Reply to  Whisker

I understand your point of view, there are always concerns like then whenever someone so young is on any TV talent show — but I also think she has a strong sense of self for her age and would not be out there appearing in any way that didn’t represent herself or singing anything that she felt she couldn’t do justice to.

Reply to  Josh Kennon

OMG Josh, your comment sounds well meaning but quite naïve. There are rules in place to protect children, also in the entertainment business. Because that’s what they are: children. Plenty of examples of things going wrong. I mean in general. No specific case.

Reply to  Whisker

Yes and on top of all you’ve said, the artists receive coaching on how to present themselves. And I would assume some sort of training to get rid of tension to be able to perform. I think it’s called stage fright. Seasoned adult performers have it too. Yup. I agree with what you said.

1 month ago

Why are the judges pretending that they do not know who she is? I’d like to think that one of your jobs as a talent show judge is to watch/be aware of the standout acts from the other shows…
Having said that, of course she is amazing. But, by being on “….’s got talent”, there’s always the chance that she loses out to a typewriting chimpanzee or something.

Reply to  Briekimchi

I really hope she DOESN’T lose to a “typewriting chimpanzee” — that would be a hell of a LOW point, even for US reality talent shows! I expect some of the lack of knowledge of is really judges’ contracts with clauses saying they CAN’T watch other talent shows if they are going to judge, and sadly, also a general lack of knowledge on the producers part, or trying to “create a narrative” on their part — American talent shows love a “plucked from obscurity/nothing existence, transformed into a big star” narrative, and she already being well known in Europe and… Read more »

CarlosM
CarlosM
1 month ago

Heidi Klum did not have the virus. She was just sick with a regular cold. She came back a few days later.

Someone needs to find more reliable news sources.

Reply to  CarlosM

Speculation was that she could possibly have it — she was quarantined for the recommended 14 days because of it, as was her husband. I probably could’ve been more clear about that,i apologize!

Shanfa Chai
Shanfa Chai
1 month ago

I would love to see her perform “Don’t Cha”, her self-penned song for her next performance. Would be an extra point to showcase her songwriting talent, not just singing!

Reply to  Shanfa Chai

Good choice!

Lollipop ESC
Lollipop ESC
1 month ago

That girl has the complete package to be or become a worldwide superstar. For me it was a stunning performance in AGT …but she has to sing the words clearer. No question that she is able to do that because all her songs on her youtube channel are outstanding and flawless. Guys, I recommend you to check out her channel on YT ….. and I promise you will subscribe to her. Gosh, what a great artist Daneliya is.

Fionn
Fionn
Reply to  Lollipop ESC

She really is amazing, my favourite jesc 2018 entry by far, I listened to the song a still a good year later