Love Love Peace Peace Mans Zelmerlow Petra Mede

It’s a given that at some point the previous year’s Eurovision winner will return and perform their winning song and perhaps debut their new single. But what about the other interval acts? Some countries deliver a show-stopping theatrical performance, some let a pop icon take to the stage, while others just like to have a bit of fun.

Some months back, we asked you to vote for your favourite Eurovision interval act of the 2010s. And now the results are in!

After counting a total of 3,185 votes, we can confirm that Eurovision 2016’s “Love Love Peace Peace” with Måns Zelmerlöw and Petra Mede is your favourite Eurovision interval act of the 2010s.

Note: We only included the main interval act from each year. We didn’t feature guest celebrity performances, taped skits or any other additional acts.

“Love Love Peace Peace” is your favourite Eurovision interval act of the 2010s

In 2016, Sweden delivered a big number with a good dose of humour. “Love Love Peace Peace” parodied all the cliches of a Eurovision entry, with a memorable performance by hosts Måns Zelmerlöw and Petra Mede, along with a cast of dozens.

The ensemble dominated the poll, picking up a total of 1,210 votes. That amounts to 37.99% of all votes cast.

We don’t have to travel far back in time for our second-placed act. Eurovision 2019’s all-star Switch Song took the silver medal.

Tel Aviv brought balagan — mix and switch — to the stage with the switch song. The performance involved Eurovision stars Conchita Wurst (Austria 2014), Måns Zelmerlöw (Sweden 2015), Eleni Foureira (Cyprus 2018) and Verka Seduchka (Ukraine 2007) performing songs of the others, before all joining Gali Atari for a singalong of “Hallelujah” (Israel 1979).

The collection of icons secured 897 votes in the poll — that’s 28.16% of all votes cast.

The top three is rounded out by the very first interval of the decade — Madcon’s flashmob from 2010.

The Norwegian duo delivered possibly the biggest interval act ever. They started performing their song “Glow” in the arena and slowly involved more audience members in a flashmob. This expanded to Europe, as the action cut to locations around the continent, showing both street flashmobs and families partying in their living rooms.

This performance achieved a tally of 354 votes or 11.11% of all votes cast.

What is your favourite Eurovision interval act of the 2010s?

1. 2016: Måns and Petra’s “Love Love Peace Peace” 37.99% (1,210 votes)
  2. 2019: The all-star Switch Song 28.16% (897 votes)
  3. 2010: Madcon’s flashmob 11.11% (354 votes)
  4. 2017: Onuka feat. NAONI Orchestra’s megamix 8.63% (275 votes)
  5. 2013: Petra Mede’s Swedish Smörgåsbord 7.44% (237 votes)
  6. 2018: Branko, Sara, Dino and Mayra’s showcase 2.45% (78 votes)
  7. 2015: Martin Grubinger’s orchestra 1.41% (45 votes)
  8. 2012: Emin’s extravaganza 1.07% (34 votes)
  9. 2014: Momoland’s “Ode to Joy” 0.97% (31 votes)
  10. 2011: Jan Delay’s funky medley 0.75% (24 votes)

Total Votes: 3,185

Is “Love Love Peace Peace” really the best interval act of the 2010s? Which performance did you vote for? Let us know in the comments.

Vote in all of our Eurovision polls.

Rasmus Bording Irlind
Rasmus Bording Irlind
19 days ago

rainmaker would’ve placed in the top 3 if you guys had included it instead of ode to joy

21 days ago

P.S. Wasn’t this poll done about six months ago?

Charles the II
Charles the II

What about Shalva band??

Reply to  Charles the II

They were a semi-final interval, so not included.

Ieva
Ieva

For me it’s Madcon and Onuka <3

Raoul
Raoul
21 days ago

I love how the focus in wiwiblogg’s video of LLPP is governed by shirtlessness 🙂

21 days ago

I haven’t seen all of them but I can say that the one I have seen many times over is the Love Love Peace Peace one. The song is catchy and both the lyrics and the visuals had a very good comedic value. And the organizers managed to get big names to participate in it. It will stand the test of time. I would like to see something even better and more fun but I know it will be hard for someone to come up with something like that!!

L'oiseau
L'oiseau
21 days ago

By a million miles, Norway 2010 was the best ever! I recalled it being great, involving so many people and keeping up that kind of party atmosphere for whole 8 minutes! Only comparable to the Rio 2016 Oplympics opening act. But having seen this now, I couldn’t help shedding a tear, of how was it was back then!

21 days ago

2010 is by far the best. Love Love Peace Peace is a lot of fun, but that’s all. Not moving, not art.

EmbraceMusicalDiversity
EmbraceMusicalDiversity
20 days ago
Reply to  Jonas

2010 is maybe the best ever I think. Something really atmopsheric and special. I don’t like 2016 LLPP at all. Just mockery anyway

Justin
Justin
21 days ago

The best interval act in my opinion is Rainmaker by Emmelie de Forest during the final in 2014. I don’t understand how they chose Ode to Joy instead of Emmelie’s song for this year.

Nevertheless, Love Love Peace Peace is the most memorable ! Very deserved 1st place.

stommie
stommie
21 days ago

Funny that the Switch Song is considered the main interval act of 2019 and not that 1 million costing other performance.

Ana
Ana
Reply to  stommie

Even funnier to mention over and over how expencive was her performance when the broadcaster paid nothing for it and the money came from a billionaire and not publuc money.

Erik
Erik
18 days ago
Reply to  Ana

I don’t know about you. When my choir gets hired and we get more paid, we try to make it even better. I hope the esc performance was not just that

21 days ago

My favorite interval act EVER is the Idal Raichel Project in ESC 2019, I found it awe-inspiring. My second favorite – which was indeed my favorite pre-2019 – is the Love Love Peace Peace.

Cocooo
Cocooo
Reply to  Whisker

I thought it was nice too, but there were way too many interval acts in the final of 2019 so most people forgot about it. They should’ve put it in the first semifinal instead of that horrendous kiss-cam interval they did with Dana International.

Reply to  Cocooo

Sorry, but no. The act was worth the widest international audience possible.

Reply to  Whisker

Yeah, I thought that would have been considered the “main” interval act of last year. I guess he was upstaged by Madonna. I can’t recall if it was written specially for the night. It was certainly the most Israeli.

Reply to  Jonas

I agree with you. Also, it saddens me that it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. It was simply wonderful:

Reply to  Whisker

Oh it’s the IDAN Raichel Project. Not Idal.