I’ll have one Sigrit Sling and a Lemtov with lime! Such are the words you may soon hear at The Jaja Ding Dong bar — a new drinking establishment inspired by that song from the Eurovision movie.

The outdoor bar opened on Saturday July 11 at the Husavik Cape Hotel —  a unique family run property in the picturesque fishing village of Husavik. It famously hosted six of the Apollo astronauts who trained near Husavik before their missions to the moon.

The hotel’s owner Örlygur Hnefill Örlygsson, told Icelandic publication Frettabladid that the movie had hurled an opportunity “180 kilometres per hour” into his lap.

“We built an outdoor bar like this by the hotel and gave it a good name,” he said. “Here you can mainly get beer and drinks, but we also have lighter dishes — both pies and cakes.”

The Jaja Ding Dong bar at Husavik Cape Hotel

Apparently actors Will Ferrell and Pierce Brosnan were quite friendly with locals, even paying the hotel a visit and spending time with staff.

“It was so much fun here last year when they came to take this picture and were going around with us a lot,” Örlygur said. “They both came here to check on us.” That’s helped him see the film “as a kind of ode” to his town — especially the song “Husavik.”

But naturally he wasn’t going to name the bar after the town, as that’d probably feel quite redundant.

“‘Jaja Ding Dong’ is of course the discovery from the film, even though we like the ‘Husavik’ song.”

What cocktails do you want to see on the menu? Are you planning a trip to Husavik sometime soon? Shout it out in the comments box down below!

My Tears Are Getting Sober
My Tears Are Getting Sober

99% of comments: Ideas for potential cocktails
1% (me): That’s cool

lol. The article literally has a question about what cocktails the readers would like to see on the menu. At the end of the article. LOL.
But your comment was cool anyway.

As I previously made some cheeky/naughty suggestions, I feel obliged to do some “safe” suggestions as well: “Speorg Note” and “Masquerade”. #comeandplayitsafe

Reply to  Whisker

So funny.

Ruth Oldfield
Ruth Oldfield

How about a Brandy Alexander Lemtov?

Reply to  Ruth Oldfield

Would it be wrong to say I would drink every drop? I would also enjoy other drinks inspired by the great AL, like a “Lion of Love” – this is an excellent name for a themed drink! Can you imagine going out in this bar and ask for a Lion of Love? But I don’t know, what would AL enjoy?

What a fab idea to ask for ideas for the cocktail menu!!! Considering I haven’t seen their actual menu – this is my idea for a cocktail and then some: First, a drink that should be called “Iceland -12 points” in Icelandic – fresh orange and strawberry puré mixed with the alcohol of choice if wanted by adults. Or plain mixed juice for those who can’t or do not want. For main/snack: a savoury pie filled with white cod, sauteed leeks and cream AND the rye lava bread on the side. And for dessert: a frozen roll made of sweet… Read more »

It would be fun to have a Ding-Dong cocktail, something like vodka + sweetened condensed milk, very well shaken, in an appropriately shaped recipient with something to sip on? The movie is a treasure-trove of creative ideas for fun and tasty menu items. #thisshouldbefun #jajadingdong

Reply to  Whisker

Skål!

Bottoms up!

Reply to  Whisker

Also, on my list: Lush Elves cocktail: whiskey with caramel sauce and crushed ice. I am not sure about elves’ flavour preferences tho. It would be cool (cool is in Sigrit’s voice) to have some savoury flavours as well, maybe something with seaweed to keep it local/sea-ish. #whatwouldtheelvesprefer; #itdoesntmatterifitsalcohol; #lushelvesforthewin.

Reply to  Whisker

LOL. I think this is lush elves approved. With a slice of cheesecake on the side because Senhit’s video is out!!

This initiative is so nice. Best of luck to the owners and patrons. Jaja Ding Dong would definitely be on my list of go-to places in Iceland. For sure!! Now let’s hope that Iceland wins Eurovision soon!!