Every year, one of the most popular questions in the run-up to the contest is: Who is going to host?
Dozens put their name in the hat and many more are rumoured to be on the front line to become the face of their country.
Some of TV’s finest, funniest and, occasionally, weirdest and cringiest hosts were chosen to present in the past.
But who were the best Eurovision hosts of the 2010s? That’s the question we posed to y’all some months back. And now the results are in!
After counting a total of 4,016 votes, we can reveal that Eurovision 2016’s Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw are your favourites by a landslide.
Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw are your favourite Eurovision hosts of the 2010s
For its second hosting in three years, Sweden rolled out Petra Mede once again — she’d already hosted Eurovision 2013 and 2015’s Greatest Hits anniversary show. This time she was joined by the 2015 winner Måns Zelmerlöw. It was more of the same from Petra and she was definitely aided by Måns and his charismatic smile. They worked very well together, performing one of the most memorable interval acts ever. Their satirical love song to Eurovision “Love, Love, Peace, Peace” outshone even Justin Timberlake.
In this poll, the duo picked up 1,734 votes. That’s a massive 43.18% of all votes cast.
Petra Mede is back once more in second place, with 534 of you voting for her first stint as a Eurovision presenter in 2013. That’s 13.3% of all votes cast.
Petra was the sole host, though Eric Saade provided green room coverage during the grand final. Mede helmed the show with grace and flair. The presenter, comedian, actress and all-round genius had just her cue cards for help and gave Europe a flawless performance. She even gave the audience a brilliantly funny song about Sweden before the voting started.
The top three is completed by the German trio of Anke Engelke, Judith Rakers and Stefan Raab from 2011.
Comedian Anke Engelke, TV presenter Judith Rakers and all-round entertainer Stefan Raab took the reigns to deliver a show worthy of Düsseldorf’s massive Espirit Arena. Raab showed off his talents for singing and playing on his electric guitar. This included performing a rockabilly version of the previous year’s winning song “Satellite”. Fake punches, fireman’s lifts and paraphrasing the Ronald Reagan Berlin Wall speech (classic) were also on show as these three presenters certainly made it an entertaining year.
Anke, Judith and Stefan picked up 390 votes or 9.71% of all votes cast.
Poll results: Who are your favourite Eurovision hosts of the 2010s?
- 2016 – Petra Mede, Måns Zelmerlöw 43.18% (1,734 votes)
- 2013 – Petra Mede, Eric Saade 13.3% (534 votes)
- 2011 – Anke Engelke, Judith Rakers, Stefan Raab 9.71% (390 votes)
- 2019 – Erez Tal, Bar Refaeli, Assi Azar, Lucy Ayoub 9.34% (375 votes)
- 2018 – Sílvia Alberto, Daniela Ruah, Catarina Furtado, Filomena Cautela 9.16% (368 votes)
- 2014 – Lise Rønne, Nikolaj Koppel, Pilou Asbæk 5.7% (229 votes)
- 2017 – Oleksandr Skichko, Volodymyr Ostapchuk, Timur Miroshnychenko 4.08% (164 votes)
- 2015 – Mirjam Weichselbraun, Alice Tumler, Arabella Kiesbauer, Conchita Wurst 2.54% (102 votes)
- 2010 – Erik Solbakken, Haddy N’jie, Nadia Hasnaoui 2.19% (88 votes)
- 2012 – Leyla Aliyeva, Eldar Gasimov, Nargiz Birk-Petersen 0.8% (32 votes)
Total Votes: 4,016
Are Petra and Måns your favourite hosts? Who did you vote for? Let us know in the comments.