After a one-month break, #EurovisionAgain returned on Saturday evening for its August run. This time Eurovision 1985 was the retro song contest of choice.
Scroll down to watch Eurovision 1985
As always, there was a new fan vote, although the winner stayed the same — Norway’s Bobbysocks! with “La det swinge”.
Bobbysocks! win #EurovisionAgain 1985
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 1985. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 1985 grand final on Saturday 15 August.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 35 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 1985 results
- Norway: Bobbysocks! “La det swinge” (=)
- Israel: Izhar Cohen “Olé, Olé” (+3)
- Sweden: Kikki Danielsson “Bra vibrationer” (=)
- Turkey: MFÖ “Didai didai dai” (+10)
- Finland: Sonja Lumme “Eläköön elämä” (+4)
- Spain: Paloma San Basilio “La fiesta terminó” (+8)*
- United Kingdom: Vikki “Love Is…” (-2)*
- Germany: Wind “Für alle” (-6)
- France: Roger Bens “Femme dans ses rêves aussi” (+1)
- Italy: Al Bano & Romina Power “Magic Oh Magic” (-3)
- Austria: Gary Lux “Kinder dieser Welt” (-3)
- Greece: Takis Biniaris “Miazoume” (+4)
- Switzerland: Mariella Farré & Pino Gasparini “Piano, piano” (-1)
- Portugal: Adelaide “Penso em ti, eu sei” (+4)
- Luxembourg: Margo, Franck Olivier, Diane Solomon,
Ireen Sheer, Chris & Malcolm Roberts “Children, Kinder, Enfants” (-2)
- Ireland: Maria Christian “Wait Until the Weekend Comes” (-10)
- Denmark: Hot Eyes “Sku’ du spørg’ fra no’en?” (-6)
- Cyprus: Lia Vissi “To katalava arga” (-2)
- Belgium: Linda Lepomme “Laat me nu gaan” (=)
* Spain and the United Kingdom finished joint sixth in the #EurovisionAgain 1985 vote.
? #EurovisionAgain Results ?
Votes have been checked and verified.
Here are the scores from the GOTHERBURG 1985 Twitter jury ??
? NORWAY WINS ?? ?
? ??? ??? ?? pic.twitter.com/lV8Jz7EifV
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) August 15, 2020
Watch Eurovision 1985 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 1985 grand final remains online… for now You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
However, it is only available for an unspecified “limited time”. Based on past #EurovisionAgain uploads, this will probably remain online for one week after the YouTube premiere date.
But why? Before 2004, the copyright for each show belonged to the respective broadcasters. In the case of 1985, that’s Sweden’s SVT. For now, the Swedish network has opted to make the show available only temporarily.
From 2004, the rules changed with the EBU taking over ownership of the rights. Hence, the uploads of contests from 2004 onwards have remained online.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 19 September at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eurovision Again team organised mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Bobbysocks! deserve to win the rewatch? Let us know in the comments.