Since Eurovision 2020 was sadly cancelled back in March, the #EurovisionAgain project has helped fill the gap in our Eurovision-loving hearts. The series of rewatching classic editions of Eurovision comes to an end in December, but it’s going out with a bang. The final session will be a semi-final special where the best non-qualifiers of the current semi-finals era will battle it out to find a winner. But which are the best songs from each country?
Throughout November, the official Eurovision Instagram account will poll fans on their semi-final favourites from each country. Combined with favourites from Eurovision fan media, the #EurovisionAgain team will decide the 20 most popular non-qualifiers and those picks will battle it out in a special edition of #EurovisionAgain on Saturday 19 December.
But we’re also curious to see which non-qualifiers are favourites with wiwibloggs readers, so we are launching a series of polls to find out your favourite from each country.
The polls won’t include any entries from the Big Five — as they have never competed in the semi-finals. Ukraine and Australia also won’t be included as they are #blessed to have never had a song not make it out of the semis.
Five countries have only ever had one song not qualify, so we’re considering those songs to be the automatic picks for those countries. They are:
- Azerbaijan: Aisel – “X My Heart”
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner & Jala – “Ljubav je”
- Russia: Julia Samoylova – “I Won’t Break”
- Sweden: Anna Bergendahl – “This Is My Life”
- Turkey: Yüksek Sadakat – “Live It Up”
But what are the best from the rest of the countries? Listen to the non-qualifying tracks from the semi-finals era (2004 onwards) and vote for your favourites! We’re starting with Albania, Andorra, Armenia and Austria.
What is your favourite non-qualifier from Albania?
- 2006: Luiz Ejlli – “Zjarr e ftohtë”
- 2007: Frederik Ndoci – “Hear My Plea”
- 2011: Aurela Gaçe – “Feel the Passion”
- 2013: Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko – “Identitet”
- 2014: Hersi Matmuja – “One Night’s Anger”
- 2016: Eneda Tarifa – “Fairytale”
- 2017: Lindita – “World”
What is your favourite non-qualifier from Andorra?
- 2004: Marta Roure – “Jugarem a estimar-nos”
- 2005: Marian van de Wal – “La mirada interior”
- 2006: Jenny – “Sense tu”
- 2007: Anonymous – “Salvem el món”
- 2008: Gisela – “Casanova”
- 2009: Susanne Georgi – “La teva decisió (Get a Life)”
What is your favourite non-qualifier from Armenia?
What is your favourite non-qualifier from Austria?
- 2005: Global Kryner – “Y así”
- 2007: Eric Papilaya – “Get a Life – Get Alive”
- 2012: Trackshittaz – “Woki mit deim Popo”
- 2013: Natália Kelly – “Shine”
- 2019: Paenda – “Limits”
Which non-qualifiers are your favourites? Who would you like to see have another shot at Eurovision? Tell us your thoughts below!