It’s the weekly watch-a-long that became a monthly tradition. And on Saturday #EurovisionAgain came back for its November run. This time Eurovision 1990 was the classic song contest of choice.
And while all the performances remained the exact same, viewers voted for a new winner — Yugoslavia’s Tajči with “Hajde Da Ludujemo”. The real-life champion — Italy’s Toto Cutugno with “Insieme: 1992” — finished in third place.
Tajči wins #EurovisionAgain 1990
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 1990. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 1990 grand final on Saturday 21 November.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 30 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 1990 results
- Yugoslavia: Tajči – “Hajde Da Ludujemo” (+6)
- Spain: Azúcar Moreno – “Bandido” (+3)
- Italy: Toto Cutugno – “Insieme: 1992” (-2)
- Iceland: Stjórnin – “Eitt lag enn” (=)
- France: Joëlle Ursull – “White and Black Blues” (-3)
- Denmark: Lonnie Devantier – “Hallo Hallo” (+2)
- Ireland: Liam Reilly – “Somewhere in Europe” (-5)
- The Netherlands: Maywood – “Ik wil alles met je delen” (+7)
- Turkey: Kayahan – “Gözlerinin Hapsindeyim” (+8)
- Norway: Ketil Stokkan – “Brandenburger Tor” (+11)
- Israel: Rita – “Shara Barkhovot” (+7)
- Austria: Simone – “Keine Mauern mehr” (-2)
- Cyprus: Haris Anastasiou – “Milas poli” (+1)
- United Kingdom: Emma – “Give a Little Love Back to the World” (-8)
- Portugal: Nucha – “Há sempre alguém” (+5)
- Belgium: Philippe Lafontaine – “Macédomienne” (-4)
- Luxembourg: Céline Carzo – “Quand je te rêve” (-4)
- Switzerland: Egon Egemann – “Musik klingt in die Welt hinaus” (-7)
- Finland: Beat – “Fri?” (+2)
- Germany: Chris Kempers & Daniel Kovac – “Frei zu leben” (-11)
- Sweden: Edin-Ådahl – “Som en vind” (-5)
- Greece: Christos Callow & Wave – “Horis skopo” (-3)
? #EurovisionAgain Results ?
Votes have been checked and verified.
Thank you @Mentimeter ?
Here are the scores from ZAGREB 1990 Twitter jury ??
? A HOME WIN FOR TAJ?I OF YUGOSLAVIA ?? ?
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) November 21, 2020
Upon hearing of the result, Tajči recorded a thank you message for the Eurovision fans who had voted her as the winner of #EurovisionAgain 1990:
Watch Eurovision 1990 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 1990 grand final remains online… for now. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
However, it is only available for an unspecified “limited time”. Based on past #EurovisionAgain uploads, this will probably remain online for one week after the YouTube premiere date.
But why? Before 2004, the copyright for each show belonged to the respective broadcasters. In the case of 1990, that’s Croatia’s HRT (formerly part of Yugoslavia’s JRT). For now, the Croatian network has opted to make the show available only temporarily.
From 2004, the rules changed with the EBU taking over ownership of the rights. Hence, the uploads of contests from 2004 onwards have remained online.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 19 December at 21:00 CEST for a semi-final special.
What is #EurovisionAgain?
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eurovision Again team organised mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Tajči deserve to win the rewatch? Let us know in the comments.