Eurovision Fourth Place Acts 2010s

This year at wiwibloggs we are celebrating the festive season with a series of different polls. We’ll be stuffing your stockings with a selection of Eurovision votes throughout the holidays. Consider this a unique riff on the classic “Twelve Days of Christmas” carol.

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, you can join us and let us know your thoughts for each and every poll. Today’s question — Who is your favourite fourth place Eurovision act of the 2010s?

Eurovision fourth place acts: 2010 to 2019

2010: Chanée and N’evergreen — “In a Moment Like This” (Denmark)

2011: Mika Newton — “Angel” (Ukraine)

2012: Sabina Babayeva — “When the Music Dies” (Azerbaijan)

2013: Margaret Berger — “I Feed You My Love” (Norway)

2014: Aram MP3 — “Not Alone” (Armenia)

2015: Loïc Nottet — “Rhythm Inside” (Belgium)

2016: Poli Genova — “If Love Was a Crime” (Bulgaria)

2017: Blanche — “City Lights” (Belgium)

2018: Michael Schulte — “You Let Me Walk Alone” (Germany)

2019: Luca Hänni — “She Got Me” (Switzerland)

Poll: Who is your favourite fourth place Eurovision act of the 2010s?

Check out more of our polls here.

dmg
dmg
10 days ago

NR. 1 MARGARET BERGER — “I FEED YOU MY LOVE” (NORWAY). Because of the beat and the dark lyrics – that makes it less «eurovision-cheesy» then a lot of the other songs.

Nils
Nils
19 days ago

wow … toughest one so far. poli genova, blanche and loic nottet were all bloody brilliant and in my all-time top 10.

sam
sam
20 days ago

IF YOU DIDNT VOTE SABINA BABAYEVA YOU HAVE NO TASTE

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina
18 days ago
Reply to  sam

periana bestie

CJP
CJP
20 days ago

So hard to choose as there are some great songs here. Poli just edges it over Luca Hanni. All together now: tiny rooster! (Misheard lyric of the day)

eurana
eurana
20 days ago

All of them is in my iPod since then. But, not of the winners had the same destiny.

21 days ago

I voted for Denmark 2010, Norway 2013, Belgium 2017 and Switzerland 2019. Belgium 2017 is my favourite because I think they bought something completely different to the contest and City Lights doesn’t sound like a run of the mill Eurovision song (though I’m happy for Portugal winning that year, I still stand by the belief that I think Belgium should have instead). The same I’d say for Norway 2013.

Talentina Monetta
Talentina Monetta
21 days ago

Some great songs in the list!
I voted for the 2 Belgians, which are 2 of my favourite ESC songs of all time

Last edited 21 days ago by Talentina Monetta
Srdjan30
Srdjan30
21 days ago

This was so hard! So many good songs that I still listen to regularly. In the end I went with Blanche and City Lights, can’t see myself ever getting sick of hearing that song.

Superb
Superb
21 days ago

I still can’t listen 2011 and 2012 fourth placers, I don’t know why I just can’t like either one.

Belgium on the other hand was perfect in 2015 and 2017

Marcelo
Marcelo
21 days ago

Starting from 2012, the fourth place have been a staple synonym with quality and very interesting/ “indie” music. Although, putting Switzerland 2019 as quality or “indie” might be quite a stretch. Still the performance just elevated that song to the point of iconicness in a matter of seconds.

No shade on Chanée and N’Evergreen or Mika but those two definitely are the odd ones out that doesn’t really belong with the level of all the rest of the list. Oh well, at least Mika’s sand artist was definitely cool to watch.

Last edited 21 days ago by Marcelo
21 days ago

My favs are 1 Belgium 2017 and 2 Azerbaijan 2012.

Héctor
Héctor
21 days ago

Man I love most of this entries more than those from the bunchs of winner, 2nd place and 3rd place!

So hard to choose right know. My two absolute favs here are Belgium 2017 and Germany 2018, those are my votes. Both are, in fact, in my top 10 songs since I watch the contest.

My top:

1. Belgium 2017
  2. Germany 2018
  3. Armenia 2014 (song was perfect, singer could’ve done better)
  4. Switzerland 2019
  5. Belgium 2015
  6. Norway 2013
  7. Bulgaria 2016
  8. Denmark 2010

9-10. The other two.

Hector
Hector
21 days ago

For me it has to be Blanche, hands down. A song that I still listen to almost every day, one of the best of the decade. But all of the other entries are amazing as well, this is an incredibly strong set of songs!

Kris
Kris
21 days ago

Blanche/City lights not winning this poll is blasphemy

Kris

6.Germany 2018
7.Azerbaijan 2012
8.Denmark 2010
9.Belgium 2015
10.Ukraine 2011

21 days ago

I love all of them. My personal winner usually finishes 4th anyhow, haha.

Richie

8.Denmark 2010
9.Armenia 2014
10.Ukraine 2011

Kosey
Kosey
21 days ago

I voted for Blanche. I am a sucker for the vulnerability.

Vanja
Vanja

4th place = awesomeness
Voted for two examples of Belgian excellence. 🙂

Bella
Bella
21 days ago

Loic Nottet is just one of the most talented artists (if not THE most talented) to have graced the Eurovision stage in recent years, period.

Hellohi
Hellohi

Easily 2015 .. Top 3 that year would all have been worthy winners

Ralf0711
Ralf0711
22 days ago

omg i love those 4th places, so hard to decide. so……just for today…..1. Poli Genova, 2. Loic Nottet, 3. Luca Hänni, 4. Michael Schulte. But they are all winners to me !

22 days ago

Norway 2013 is my #1. Honorable mentions are Azerbaijan 2012 and Belgium 2015/2017.
I see “Angel” is dead last in this poll, as it should be…

Tibor
Tibor
22 days ago

4th places are already so much better than 3rd places. 😉 For me it’s Blanche, Poli Genova and Aram MP3 in this order.

Anita
Anita
20 days ago
Reply to  Tibor

I need the poll for 5th places only because Suus would win it by far – JA.

22 days ago

I gave 22 points for Belgium and 8 for Norway: Loïc, Blanche and Margaret.

22 days ago

I *loooooove* Norway 2013! It used to be one of my most played songs. Belgium 2017 is great too. Michael Schulte’s success was a huge surprise and a trend-setter which was not necessarily a good thing though.

Jofty
Jofty
21 days ago

In what way not a good trendsetter Una?

Reply to  Jofty

2018 had three songs about departed ones: two fathers (Germany and Hungary) and from what I remember a nan (Portugal). Germany’s was in English with enticing graphics. It was a very good song – one of my favourites that year. The kind of unexpected success led to three more songs in the same vein (”father” theme) that I know of in 2019 of which two did not win their national selections and one made it to Eurovision but did not qualify to the GF. I don’t find that good necessairly because that led to a trend that tried to play… Read more »

Jofty
Jofty
21 days ago

OK, thanks. But do you mean Hungary 2019 for the departed father and not the 2018 punk/rock track?!

Reply to  Jofty

Both were about fathers: 2018 about the departed one. The only thing I know about 2019 is that it was about Joci’s father.

Reply to  Jofty

I could say the same about the “woman’s empowerment” spiel – which is worthy in its own and spoken about and analyzed in many areas of life – but Israel’s success in 2018 led to the unspeakable in 2019 *and* a jury winner in 2019.
Now “mental health” is trendy too or at least it was in 2020 with at least three songs that I can think of now.
So we’re not seeing only Eurovision-industry-factory-plastic anymore but trends taken into consideration in the most calculated manner. And not to forget, “taking away from religion/faith” and packiging it as “empowerment”.

Ashton
Ashton
20 days ago

You do realise that not everyone is religious, right?

Me!
Me!

My votes go to:

Denmark 2010
Norway 2013
Swizerland 2019

22 days ago

Some of my ultimate favorites ended-up as 4th. I voted for 3 masterpieces which should have won – Germany 2018, Belgium 2015 and Azerbaijan 2012 (all three are in my top 3 of their highly competitive years). Belgium 2017 and Norway 2013 are also incredibly strong. Also, in a year as weak as 2011, Ukraine really stood out enough to be in my top 10. All the others are good too, with Denmark 2010 as the only one which is merely okay. So, this category is overall amazing! 🙂

Last edited 22 days ago by Colin
Ben R
Ben R
22 days ago

4th place is notorious for having some of the best songs. In the last five contests alone, Loïc (‘15), Poli (‘16), Blanche (‘17), and Luca (‘19) had some of the best songs to ever grace the Eurovision stage! My top five fourth-placers include those songs as well as HaSheket SheNish’ar from 2005.

Jeff USA
Jeff USA
22 days ago

So many talented singers and amazing songs ended up 4th!!! So hard to chose but I voted for 2012 and 2015.

Robyn Gallagher
Admin
22 days ago

Wow, this is where all the edgy modern pop ends up! I can’t wait to see who comes fourth in 2021!

Last edited 22 days ago by Robyn Gallagher
Frisian esc
Frisian esc
22 days ago

Edgy modern pop… must be either romania or bulgaria this year 😀

Ashton
Ashton
22 days ago

Holy crap these are so strong. I love every single song from 2012-2019, not a single bad song in there. 2011 was forgettable and 2010 too cheesy for me, but every one of these other songs are genuinely amazing.

Kalla
Kalla
22 days ago

I think nearly all these songs were my favourites from those years, very hard choice! Blanche and poli are both songs I still listen to on a regular basis.

Cesar
Cesar
22 days ago

Couldn’t pick just one… 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019… songs that could have won in other years

eurovision berlin
eurovision berlin

Loïc Nottet.

Laura
Laura
22 days ago

The way Margaret, Poli, Loïc and Blanche were my favorites from their editions…..

Nils