The date is set and we need all y’all to répondez s’il vous plaît! France Télévisions has confirmed that Eurovision France: C’est vous qui décidez will air on Saturday, January 30 at 21:05 CET. Save the date and let’s go!
With the date of the national selection confirmed, the puzzle is now complete. It took a little bit of time. Because of the ongoing pandemic and domestic restrictions meant to slow the spread of coronavirus, producers have had to be nimble and adjust. They’d originally wanted to stage the show outside of Paris, in a provincial city. But because of the risks associated with moving producers and the contestants themselves, the team was forced to keep proceedings in Paris.
The same went for the official press conference on January 8, which laid out the details of the show.
Eurovision France’s new voting system will be divided in two stages. The first stage will be the qualification phase: the 7 songs that come first in the public vote will be selected for a final vote. An eighth song can be picked by the jury — a so-called “euro-ticket” — and will be eligible for the final vote. The vote will then be reset to zero. The public and the jury will then vote 50/50 for the song that will represent France at Eurovision 2021.
For this first edition, an exceptional jury chaired by Amir – France’s Eurovision 2016 singer – consists of 10 personalities. The jury is made up of former Eurovision participants, but also actors and the fashion designer Jean-Paul Gautier, who will design the stage costume for the French representative. The winner of the last Eurovision Song Contest, Duncan Laurence, will also be part of the jury:
- Amir, president of the jury (France’s representative at Eurovision 2016)
- Marie Myriam (last French winner at Eurovision 1977)
- Jean-Paul Gaultier (French fashion designer)
- Michele Bernier (French actress)
- Elodie Gossuin (Miss France 2001, who gave the points for France at Eurovision 2016)
- Agustin Galiana (French singer and actor)
- Natasha St Pier (France’s representative at Eurovision 2001)
- André Manoukian (French classical musician)
- Chimène Badi (French singer)
- Duncan Laurence
Have you saved the date? Who do you think is going to win? Let us know in the comments box down below!