On Saturday evening she proved to be the darling of France, winning both the jury vote and the televote in Eurovision France: C’est vous qui décidez. And just moments later, Barbara Pravi caught up with our Colombian blogger Diego backstage in Paris.

“It’s like feu d’artifice in my head,” the “Voilà” singer said, comparing her joy to a display of fireworks. “I am so proud. I am so proud for all the people who worked with me.”

Among the first people she spoke to was Igit, a Destination Eurovision alum and her long-time collaborator. You’ll remember that they were the winning composers at the recent Junior Eurovision Song Contest after writing “J’imagine” for Valentina.

“He said, ‘You made it.’ I think [somewhere in our mind] we had it to make the double-victory — with Valentina and with me — so we kind of ‘made it’.”

“These are my first two victories ever….I am so proud. I think it’s the perfect accomplishment after all this work, all these years of working hard and [not having] money.”

Diego also asked about the l’ombre chinoise — the gorgeous shadows of Barbara that turned into a flock of birds.

“I’m crazy about birds. I have a lot of birds in my head when I wrote this song. I feel very close to birds. I put them in my imagination. It’s a very present figure. That was very natural for me to have my silhouette like this and my head became birds.”

Are you living for Barbara’s bird nest? Do you think she should just copy and paste her staging for Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments box below.

Hellooooo
Hellooooo

Well, if she keeps going without mask we may have Juliette Moraine at ESC… Please, WEAR A MASK

Bart
Bart
Reply to  Hellooooo

Propably the artist send the performance digital , in May. We will see if they come to the country

Loin dici
Reply to  Hellooooo

Probably they’ve been tested and Barbara consented to open her mask for this interview. This is common practice since Festivali i Kenges interview also went this way.

Nicky
Nicky

amazing song, easily going to win ESC2021, Queen Barbara making eurovision great again

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  Nicky

Oh cmon. In the past decade, slow/lyrical songs won really a lot: Netherlands (2019), Portugal (2017), Ukraine (2016), Austria (2014), Denmark (2013), Sweden (2012). Most of them were talking about “quality” music. I find it very disturbing – it’s like those artists are tarnishing the rest of the genres. This is very arrogant to say the least that “Oh, ballads – real music, dance-pop – bullsh*t, etc”. I say, let the best song win without putting labels and manipulating people on what’s real music or not, taste has no friends.

Reply to  Vytautas

Don’t let Nicky get to you, he’s a provacateur

Grft
Grft
Reply to  Vytautas

Barbara has NEVER been arrogant about her music-style being « real music ». I remind you that she also writes/composes upbeat mainstream pop songs (Bim bam toi, J’imagine). Don’t try to make her what she is not.