Pabandom is Naujo 2021 Final

At just four weeks, it will be the shortest Lithuanian national final since 2011. But we haven’t reached the end of Pabandom iš Naujo! 2021 just yet — there’s still the grand final to come!

The collective wisdom seems to be that it’s The Roop’s to lose. Last year’s winners have stormed the charts with “Discoteque” breaking Lithuanian records on both YouTube and Spotify. And while we saw the band perform during heat two, they have yet to be tested competitively this season. That’s because they were given the status of automatic qualifiers as consolation for the cancellation of Eurovision 2020.

However, there are five more acts who have spent the past three weeks winning over both the Lithuanian public and professional jury. And of this quintet, Gebrasy is arguably the biggest threat to The Roop juggernaut. He topped both his heat and the semi-final, securing maximum points from viewers at home as well as the music professionals.

The other finalists are Evita Cololo, Martyna Jezepčikaitė, Titas & Benas and Voldemars Petersons. You can listen to the six finalists below. Then vote for your favourites in our poll. You can vote for as many entries as you like, but you can only vote once. So, choose wisely! The poll will close ahead of the final on Saturday.

Lithuania’s Pabandom iš Naujo! 2021 — The finalists

Evita Cololo “Be paslapčių”

Third in Heat Two — Third with the jury, third with the public.
Third in semi-final — Second with the jury, ninth with the public.

Gebrasy “Where’d You Wanna Go?”

First in Heat Two — First with the jury, first with the public.
First in semi-final — First with the jury, first with the public.

Martyna Jezepčikaitė “Thank You Very Much”

Third in Heat One — Sixth with the jury, first with the public.
Second in semi-final — Sixth with the jury, second with the public.

The Roop”Discoteque”

Automatic qualifiers.

Titas & Benas “No”

Second in Heat One — Third with the jury, second with the public.
Fifth in semi-final — Seventh with the jury, third with the public.

Voldemars Petersons “Never Fall For You Again”

First in heat one — First with the jury, fifth with the public.
Fourth in semi-final — Fourth with the jury, sixth with the public.

Poll: Who should win Lithuania’s Pabandom iš Naujo! 2021?

Who did you vote for? Who will win and who should win? Let us know below.

Follow all of our Lithuania Eurovision 2021 news.

Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl

You know, I just thought of something. If the Roop wasn’t a direct finalist and competed through the heats and semi-final as the other artists, they would be smashing the competition week by week. But since they are already in the final, the jury and televote had to vote for somebody in the heats and semi-final and Gebrasy rose up as the best of the competitors who aren’t the Roop. I think the televote actually wants the Roop considering that they are actually breaking Youtube and spotify records right now. That’s definitely a strong sign of public interest. Jury might… Read more »

Anita
Anita

This years entry from The Roop is even better than last years. So we can only hope and wait what Lithuania will do with our expectation TO DO THE ONLY RIGHT THING. Thank you! 😉

Last edited 2 months ago by Anita
Héctor
Héctor

If get led by my own taste, I’d probably pick Gebrasy. But if I had to choose a song that would impact vewers and a maximize their options of success, I’d go for The Roop. Their perforamnce is even Eurovsiion ready while Gebrasy’s isn’t. It’s like that. They know who they want in Eurovision, just take look at their performances.

Anyway, I liked “On Fire” but I like “Discoteque” even more. So, even though my fav is Gebrasy, I’ll be totally fine with The Roop.

Carlos
Carlos

Im sad that Gabrielius Vagelis

Jamie
Jamie

How is this even a poll lol

nope
nope

Without a doubt The Roop! Everyone else is just awful. I don’t understand why y’all like Gebrasy so much, his song is so painfully bland. I listened to it like five times and still can’t remember how it goes lol

Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl
Reply to  nope

I’m gonna explain this in a longer comment of my own, but I think the reason Gebrasy has come on top at this point because he’s the best of the contestants that the jury and televoters could vote for in the heat and semi final stage. I don’t know about the Jury, but I think the televoters actually want the Roop, but they’ve got to vote for somebody in the heats and semifinal prior the grand final. Maybe the Jury have a similar perspective but I don’t know. If the Roop had been going through the grind again and not… Read more »

It’s not really a question, is it? You’d have to really hate Lithuania to wish anything but The Roop as their entrant here.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Briekimchi

As someone whose winner isn’t The Roop, I don’t hate Lithuania in the slightest. It’s starting to piss me off that so many people think that The Roop is the only possible choice – people have different tastes, you know.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Ashton Schier

And I’m being downvoted, what an absolute shock

Reply to  Briekimchi

I think you are overreaching a bit here. 😉 Being happy with two songs equally is totally fine. So are the other options. I’m fairly sure that people who voted for Evita or Voldemars didn’t do it because they want to see Lithuania fail. It’s just their taste. Now, if we voted strategically, The Roop would win with 100% of votes. But so would Elvana Gjata last year or Monika Marija a year before. But when countries do that (*cough* Sweden *cough*) people accuse them of being too calculated and cold. In this particular instance, I do believe that The… Read more »

Reply to  Colin

Not disagreeing with much of what you’ve said but the poll was asking, “Who should win” not “What is your personal favourite” so again, I find it difficult to make an actual case for any entry that isn’t Discoteque.
Lithuania had never had an act that had genuinely been talked about as an ESC-winner before. The moment that The Roop produced a song that was of a similar standard to “On Fire”, they became the only choice and that’s not a slight on the other songs, some of which I like a lot.

Reply to  Briekimchi

These are all valid points. I agree. If I was a Lithuanian jury member, I’d have to give these notions some gravity before making my decision. But as a poll voter, I feel like voting for my very own personal favorite(s) is the right thing to do. I believe that is the only way we can truly see what people like. In this case, I will like the outcome anyway, because my top 2 are very close in my personal liking and general high quality, but that is not always the case. Sometimes, a fan-favorite entry is so far removed… Read more »

babushkaLazareva
babushkaLazareva

with all my respect & love 4 the roop I root for Gebrasy…maybe im the only 1…good luck to both

Jamie
Jamie

I think this year The Roop are even stronger and the competition is much weaker. Only Juries can ruin everything I trust the televoters to make a right choice.

BadWoolfGirl

As much as I and the majority of us want the roop to win, We’ve got a brace ourselves for the possibility of an upset. I know we don’t want to think about and assume That the roop Have got it in the bag, but there have been times in Eurovision history where the favorite in the national final doesn’t always win. I hate to see it happen in this particular nf, But I can pretty much imagine how toxic the reaction and backlash would be if Grebasy might be the winner if he wins the jury votes and there’s… Read more »

Lebanese esc fan
Lebanese esc fan
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Happy early birthday haha 🙂 Hopefully, you won’t be disappointed come Saturday evening.

BadWoolfGirl

I hope not, but I’ll be assuming that an upset will happen so that if it happens I’ll be prepared for it, even if I don’t like it. But if the roop end up winning, that would really shoot my excitement to the roof.

Tom
Tom
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

No you are so right. We all know what happened with the Finnish NF last year, where everyone thought there was an obvious winner (Erika Vikman)

But then Aksel won, which shocked everyone

Reply to  Tom

Oh yeah I remembered last year. Axle got a lot of heat because he beat out the favorite, and I’m nervous of history repeating itself.

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Tom

That was in no way a comparable situation. Erika Vikman was not a returning artist who had already proven that her style could be appreciated all over Europe. She was just a fan favorite – and fan favorites lose, more often than not. What helped her was the fact that Aksel’s song was so lukewarmly received. In Iceland you saw the opposite happening: Iva, the huge fan favorite, lost against Daði Freyr, but since his “Think about things” – which at the beginning wasn’t really that much appreciated by the fans – had international success, the fandom skipped their usual… Read more »

Anhel
Anhel

The winner couldn’t be any more obvious, but I liked “Where do you wanna go?” too, it gave me some chills. I’m confused why the song is about a car and the visuals are train tracks. With the other 4 songs I had a hard time listening until the end.

John
John

This poll is insulting. If The Roop don’t win someone in Lithuania should be imprisoned.

Reply to  John

Can we just not have that kind of talk in this comment section, OK? I’d like the roop to win too, but let’s be mature here.

Naomi
Naomi

It’s not really even a competition is it

Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl
Reply to  Naomi

You never know.

canada_piano
canada_piano

are we just not going to talk about how my guy didn’t get into the final? anyway, discoteque is good, but overall, on fire was much better. gebrasy is my favourite here.

Female Lotus
Female Lotus
Reply to  canada_piano

I love both discotheque and on fire. but If I could choose, I prefer on fire

Lolek
Lolek

I voted for both the Roop and Gebrasy. I think the Roop is going to win and I love their song but I also really enjoy Gebrasy’s so I wouldn’t be too upset if he pulls a surprise victory.

Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl
Reply to  Lolek

You might be fine with it, but I’m afraid that could spark off a major controversial backlash so it might not be worth it.

hebbuzz
hebbuzz

Like this needs discussion. Discoteque is so instant appealing and has good lyrics that Gebrasy will be a deserved runner up. All others are crap.

eurana
eurana

If the Roop out the competition, Gebrasy would be a large advantage either.

AdD
AdD
Reply to  eurana

The Roop will almost certainly gain Lithuania a better position in the Eurovision scoreboard. I honestly think that Gebrasy wouldn’t qualify to the final. You have to think that Lithuania is in the harder semi, with multiple returning acts who have had a year to conceive and polish their act.

Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl
Reply to  AdD

Yes, you have to remember that. Grebasy would either just get lost in the hypothetical tough semi final, or barely qualify depending on the competition. The Roop would have a better fighting chance to qualify, whether that actually results in a win or top five position is up in the air.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Badwoolfgirl

I think that Gebrasy would qualify, and would probably end around 15-19 in the final.

kop
kop

It’s sad that almost all of them are in English

Tibor
Tibor

It’s really hard to see The Roop not winning this. They managed to snatch the victory last year with extremely strong competition, so what could go wrong this year? I honestly don’t know. Plus Lithuania knows how well “On Fire” was received all across Europe, and “Discoteque” is – at least to my ears – an even stronger song. It would be a huge surprise if they didn’t go through. As for their placing in Rotterdam, that’s really nothing I can predict with only knowing three other songs. All I can say is that personally I would have a clear… Read more »

MARTIN PUGH
MARTIN PUGH

Gebrasy for me….
?

Micky
Micky

Yeah the Roop is winning this one, Gebrasy might take second, but I think The Roop is going to Rotterdam.

Laburnum
Laburnum

Got to be The Roop

esc_fl
esc_fl

I’m going with Gebrasy on this one (chills) instead of the Roop (cringe-sorry I still haven’t been able to listen to the full song!!)

Fionn
Fionn
Reply to  esc_fl

I completely agree. The roop is so overrated. Their facial expressions, the singing, the lyrics are all so cringe. Gebrasy is sooo much more worthy. His song tells a story and definitely gives me chills. Although I know the roop will win because so many people love them because of last year (dare I saw neither last year nor this year’s songs are good) but I’m hoping Gebrasy gets the chance to go to Eurovision because I think he could also do really well. Fingers crossed ?

Okt
Okt
Reply to  Fionn

Somebody had to say it!!! YES!!

Fionn
Fionn
Reply to  Okt

I feel like the hype around the roop is only because maybe some people actually liked them at the start and started getting excited about it, and that made everyone else think they’re good. But I think all the hype is blinding people to the fact that the actual quality of their music is not the best and that their songs are in no way amazing or viral-worthy. I know I’ll get down voted for saying that but it’s just my opinion.

Okt
Okt
Reply to  esc_fl

AGREEE!!!!!!!

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler
Reply to  esc_fl

You are not alone, Gebrasy should win.

Marc
Marc

I think The Roop will take the win and I do like their entry( more than last year’s song) but I really really like Gebrasy- any other year it would win and do well.

Luke A
Luke A

If The Roop win then there in with a shot at winning Eurovision again deffo love this band

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier

Not y’all acting like having the Roop as your winners is the only valid opinion to have….

Last edited 2 months ago by Ashton Schier
Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Of course not, but The Roop is practically the only contestant who might improve Lithuania’s best score (6th in 2006). As much as Gebrasy has a strong ballad, it wouldn’t climb to TOP10 in Rotterdam. Martyna at best could reach TOP15-18, Evita would be at the bottom of GF (22-25th and that’s only because it’s a song in Lithuanian), while Voldemars and Titas & Benas would most likely stay in the SF. Let’s be honest, we aren’t Sweden who can brag about a guaranteed TOP10 every single year, so if we have even the slightest chance to Reach TOP5, TOP3/Win… Read more »

Reply to  Vytautas

I sincerely believe that both The Roop and Gebrasy could *theoretically* reach top 10 of ESC, perhaps higher. The Roop have the advantage of pre-existing fanbase (and taking 2020 in account, it would be fair for them to go), but taking songs alone, without previous context, both are very strong. The Roop would obviously be contenders for the big win. But I could (in any chance of his shock win) see Gebrasy being the new Michal Szpak – and despite fan ”outrage” reaching an insanely high score on ESC itself. All the best to Lithuania in both cases. Even if… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Colin
hebbuzz
hebbuzz
Reply to  Vytautas

Sorry to disappoint you but from a non lithuania perspective I only see The Roop qualifying and ranking nicely in the final if given a nice draw.

Last edited 2 months ago by hebbuzz
Stan
Stan

Gebrasy!

OpenUpToKazakhstan
OpenUpToKazakhstan

Are we going to pretend this isn’t a one horse race? I don’t think The Roop have any competition here.

Vytautas
Vytautas

It really depends on the Jury, to be honest. There’s literally no doubt The Roop will win the televote, followed by Gebrasy. And so, in case the Jury would put Gebrasy 1st and The Roop 2nd, Gebrasy would win the selection (in a tie – Jury vote is deciding). Now the real question is will Jury members be ready to take the risk to be the most hated people in Lithuania, and frankly, somewhat abroad, by choosing Gebrasy over The Roop. 🙂

Reply to  Vytautas

That’s Exactly what has been on my mind. Will the jury be savvy enough toward the roop of their top points for the second chance of Eurovision, or could they risk being lambasted for choosing another song, In the event of a tie? I made a long winded post about this, But I fear a major firestorm of a backlash if anyone other than the roop wins. We’ve had upsets before, but this would get very toxic.

Andreu
Andreu

I think the Roop should win and come back to represent Lithuania. That said (I might get down voted for this), I’m not entirely convinced on the song. I like it better than their last year entry. It just gets a bit repetitive at times. Regardless I wish them the best at the final.

GrantK
GrantK

The Roop the end!

The Roop, whom I discovered only as winners of PiN 2020, are showing their own artistic identity now in 2021. Super recognizable from what they brought in 2020. Yet super different song. And they are maintaning their *authenticity*. That’s something *rare*. I really wish them the best in 2021. I really do. I like “Discoteque”.

NickC
NickC

This poll is redundant.

My winner is, without a question, THE ROOP!

PuppetOnAString

The Roop will win due pity votes but Gebrasy should win as it is the best entry from the selection

AdD
AdD

He’s still young. He can enter in the future to be left behind in his semi-final.

Cameron
Cameron

The Roop are miles better than the others, no offence to them

Alo
Alo

You have only one job Lithuania – send The Roop!

AdD
AdD

How is this a question? Not to stan the Roop, but you have to recognize quality when you see it. You can tell that “Discoteque” was written and a concept was developed around it not simply to win PiN, but to be competitive in Eurovision. No disrespect to the other entries.

Reply to  AdD

So true.

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler

GEBRASY or The roop.

1. GEBRASY: In Eurovision would be very high with the juries and in a decent position with the televote.

Top 10 for sure.

2. THE ROOP: In Eurovision would be high in the televote (not soooo high as you think, there are Iceland, Keiino, Russia…) but the juries???

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Pastora Soler

Gebrasy would be so lost on Eurovision stage even the God would forget he existed

Kosey
Kosey

My top 3 are:

1. The Roop – not an amazing song, but great stage presence and a great routine which is perfect for Eurovision.

2. Gebrasy – a very well crafted song and sung very nicely – I am not a huge fan of the car metaphor which I find a little clunky

3. Voldemars – such a catchy, breezy tune with a nice presentation.

Lithuania’s best option for a win is The Roop, although none of the others would be terrible.

I think that both The Roop and Gebrasy have amazing songs and both deserve to win. I can see both, on different levels entirely, enchanting the audiences and juries across the Europe and bringing Lithuania to a top 10 result or higher. On a *very personal level*, I have Gebrasy as 1st and The Roop as 2nd by a smidge (both are in my NF Top 10 right now), but I had The Roop as 5th last year and they still ended-up *very high* on my ESC list. They bring a special energy to the stage. Good luck to Lithuania… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Colin
Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

It’s not that Gebrasy’s song isn’t good, but it would just be so unfathomable that either the televote or the jury would put him above The Roop knowing how much buzz they generated last year when no one outside the Eurovision bubble had Lithuania on their radar. The question always was: Can The Roop bring another equivalent entry to the table – and they did. So I see no path for anyone but them to win this. But should I be mistaken – and that is absolutely possible, and of course one can have another favourite – I really can’t… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Tibor
Reply to  Tibor

I agree, Tibor, the force is strong in this one! I honestly believe that The Roop will win, but I also know that I’ll personally be very happy with Gebrasy as well. His song really impacted me in a way rarely which did this NF season. But since The Roop have at least as good song as the last year, I totally get if they win by a landslide. 😉 I find this NF really interesting by the level of pressure the juries / fans must feel. For instance, I don’t think that as many people would blink if Aksel… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Colin
Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

I don’t know, if they feel pressure. Had The Roop entered a weaker song that wouldn’t have been as well received as “Discoteque”, I think the pressure would have been much higher. Because then they would have had to ponder whether to go with the hype or with a better song. In this case, the song is good enough not to bring them in this kind of quagmire. With Uku and Aksel or anyone else of the artists re-entering a national final this year, it’s different because none of their songs was as hyped up as “On Fire” was.

Reply to  Tibor

That is true, Discoteque is as good as On Fire and the hype is well deserved. Even if the pressure of them winning the selection was real long before the song was released, they delivered, so they should be the logical choice of a winner. I just feel conflicted whenever a single national final produces more than one outstanding song. Similar thing is happening with Finland. In an ideal world, best songs would be evenly spread through national finals, or some internal selection still without a selected artist would take them over, but it doesn’t go that way. At least… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Colin
Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

No, it sadly doesn’t work like that – but then again, how would we fill our best of national finals list? 😉 I’m not sure if I will be able to draft a top 50 with so few national selections this year (perhaps if I cheat and include Hungary), but a top 25 of great non-chosen songs is already on the horizon.

Reply to  Colin

Somebody at the top wanted to have someone imprisioned if the roop doesn’t win, so it’s been zero days since civility reigned. I dread of what that person’s reaction be if the roop doesn’t win. I really dread a massive backlash

Iván el Conquistador
Iván el Conquistador

Given how they were contenders for victory in 2020, it’s obvious Lithuania will vote for The Roop.

Sam
Sam

Lithuania turned over a new leaf last year which was great however…. it’s still Lithuania so a part of me wouldn’t be surprised if there was a major upset and they ended up sending someone like Voldemars xD However, my opinion is that anyone except The Roop would be the wrong decision.

Reply to  Sam

The Roop broke their own record for the most-streamed local song in Lithuanian history. At the very least, they probably have the televote in the bag.

Is this even a question? The Roop!

Constantinos