The artist and song details were released in December. And after a long wait, it’s almost time to hear the first snippets of the Dora 2021 entries in Croatia.
Dora 2021 snippets to be released on 6 February
On Saturday 6 February, HRT will release one-minute snippets of all 14 songs competing in its national final for Eurovision 2021. They will be published on the broadcaster’s official YouTube channel, exactly one week before the 13 February final. That’s earlier than previous years. The snippets were released the day before Dora in 2020. And that’s not the only change afoot for 2021.
View this post on Instagram
Dora 2021 Changes — New voting, no audience
Eurosong.hr has reported that the Croatian national final will change to a Melodifestivalen system of voting, in an effort to avoid ties like last year’s edition and to give more power to the public vote. The jury will give their set of scores, then the public’s share will be split in percentages based on the total points the jury has. So, for example, if the juries they have a total of 464 points to give to the entries, a song that would get 8% of the televote would get 37.12, rounded up to 37 points. This system has been used in several national finals, from its start in Sweden, to France, Finland and Switzerland.
Dora 2021 will take place in the same venue and host city as before: the Marino Cvetković sports hall in Opatija. HRT and Opatija have a long-term cooperation agreement regarding the festival Opatija has been synonymous with the contest for many decades, says HRT’s director general, Kazimir Bačić.
The biggest change of all would have to be the new safety measures that HRT is intent to follow: There will be no live audience or fan press admitted to the venue, and strict epidemiological measures will be taken. Every single Dora participant will have to bring a negative test for Covid-19 before arriving to Opatija. “We will make sure that everyone comes and goes healthy,” Bačić said. An audience-less venue has been a standard measure for most national finals all around Europe, who aim to strive for the general safety of the population.
Dora 2021: Competing acts
Dora 2021’s four hosts Daniela Trbović, Barbara Kolar, Jelena Lešić and Doris Pinčić introduced us to the competing acts during a special show on January 30. Eurosong From Home saw the competitors cover several Croatian Eurovision classics.
- Albina – “Tick-Tock” (B. Mihaljević – M. Cinnamon / T. Buklijaš Bakić)
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić – “Share The Love” (I. Šjunca – A. Colburn / I. Škunca)
- Bernarda – “Colors” (B. Georgiev Milanov / B. Brunović)
- Beta Sudar – “Ma Zamisli” (P. Martinjak)
- Brigita Vuco – “Noći Pijane” (B. Vuco)
- Cambi – “Zaljubljen” (M. Mirković)
- Ella Orešković – “Come This Way” (S. Reljić Simba – E. Orešković)
- Eric – “Reci Mi” (E. Vidović)
- Filip Rudan – “Blind” (F. Rudan / A. Franić / H. Domazet – F. Rudan / A. Franić)
- Mia Negovetić – “She’s Like a Dream” (M. Negovetić / L. Deb / D. Jamm / D. Kertes)
- Nina Kraljić – “Rijeka” (H. Librenjak – Miki Solus / N. Kraljić)
- Sandi Cenov – “Kriv” (S. Reljić Simba – Fayo)
- Toma – “Ocean Of Love” (A. Pupavac / A. Bjorkman / K. Persson / T. Marić – A. Pupavac)
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski – “Zapjevaj, Sloboda Je!” (K. Rahimovski)
What do you think? Who are you gunning for in Dora 2021? Let us know in the comments below!