The wait is over! With only one week to go until the Dora 2021 final beams out live from Opatija, Croatian broadcaster HRT has published one-minute snippets of all 14 competing songs. Only one will get to represent Croatia at Eurovision 2021.
Dora 2021 snippets
This year the broadcaster has decided to shake things up a little and reveal the snippets one-week early. In the past, HRT would typically reveal the snippets a mere 24 hours before the big night, with the full versions debuting during the live broadcast.
And the latter rule is to stay. We won’t hear the songs in full until the final. That’s next Saturday, 13 February 13 from 20.10 CET!
You can listen to the 1-minute snippets in a playlist below.
Dora 2021 running order
- Nina Kraljić – “Rijeka” (H. Librenjak – Miki Solus / N. Kraljić)
- Eric – “Reci Mi” (E. Vidović)
- Ella Orešković – “Come This Way” (S. Reljić Simba – E. Orešković)
- Bernarda – “Colors” (B. Georgiev Milanov / B. Brunović)
- Sandi Cenov – “Kriv” (S. Reljić Simba – Fayo)
- Toma – “Ocean Of Love” (A. Pupavac / A. Bjorkman / K. Persson / T. Marić – A. Pupavac)
- Filip Rudan – “Blind” (F. Rudan / A. Franić / H. Domazet – F. Rudan / A. Franić)
- Beta Sudar – “Ma Zamisli” (P. Martinjak)
- Cambi – “Zaljubljen” (M. Mirković)
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić – “Share The Love” (I. Šjunca – A. Colburn / I. Škunca)
- Brigita Vuco – “Noći Pijane” (B. Vuco)
- Mia Negovetić – “She’s Like a Dream” (M. Negovetić / L. Deb / D. Jamm / D. Kertes)
- Albina – “Tick-Tock” (B. Mihaljević – M. Cinnamon / T. Buklijaš Bakić)
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski – “Zapjevaj, Sloboda Je!” (K. Rahimovski)
Dora 2021: Everything you need to know
After much discussion, it has been decided that Dora 2021 will be held in its usual surroundings of the Marino Cvetković Hall in the coastal town of Opatija – just as in the past two editions.
Except this time, to ensure that epidemiological measures are satisfied, there will be no live audience or press. Every single Dora participant will also have to bring a negative COVID-19 test to Opatija.
Four ladies will host the contest. These are barbara Kolar, Daniel Trbović, Jelena Lešić and Doris Pinčić.
The Croatian national final also sees a change to Melodifestivalen style voting system this year in order to ensure there are no ties again. The regional jury will give their set of scores, with the public’s share to be split into percentages based on the total points the jury has. In case a tie occurs, the public vote will prevail.
What do you make of the snippets? Can Croatia reach the Eurovision final this year? Let us know in the comments!
Photo credit: Eurosong HRT Facebook