Go_A Ukraine Solovey Eurovision 2020

As we enter another weekend of national selections, it’s time to revisit the entries that have already been selected. And for the third consecutive week, someone new is on top — Go_A are your favourite Eurovision 2021 act so far.

Poll results: Go_A is your favourite Eurovision 2021 act so far (13 February)

Since Sunday, 7,839 votes were cast in our poll. Of these, 36.65% went to Ukraine’s representativesThat amounts to a grand total of 2,873 votes for the “SHUM” group.

Not far behind are the most recent additions to the 2021 roster — Lithuania’s The Roop with “Discoteque”. The two-time Pabandom is naujo! winners picked up 2,353 votes or 30.02% of all votes cast.

Last week’s poll topper Barbara Pravi comes in at third with “Voila”. The French chanteuse took 1,797 votes or 22.92% of all votes cast.

Israel’s Eden Alene and Albania’s Anxhela Peristeri complete the top five. Thankfully, this isn’t a battle royale. Our quintet will return to the ring once again when we relaunch the poll on Sunday. They’ll be joined by the winners of Croatia’s Dora 2021.

Your Eurovision 2021 favourites

13 February (5 acts)

1. Ukraine: Go_A “SHUM” 36.65% (2,873 votes)
  2. Lithuania: The Roop “Discoteque” 30.02% (2,353 votes)
  3. France: Barbara Pravi “Voila” 22.92% (1,797 votes)
  4. Israel: Eden Alene “Set Me Free” 7.05% (553 votes)
  5. Albania: Anxhela Peristeri “Karma” 3.36% (263 votes)

Total Votes: 7,839

6 February (3 acts)

1. France: Barbara Pravi “Voila” 67.69%  (1,923 votes)
  2. Israel: Eden Alene “Set Me Free” 21.79%  (619 votes)
  3. Albania: Anxhela Peristeri “Karma” 10.52%  (299 votes)

Total Votes: 2,841

30 January (2 acts)

1. Israel: Eden Alene “Set Me Free” 62.48% (1,372 votes)
  2. Albania: Anxhela Peristeri “Karma” 37.52% (824 votes)

Total Votes: 2,196

What do you think of the current standings? Does Ukraine deserve to be at number one? Let us know below.

Vote in all our Eurovision 2021 polls

Andrii
Andrii

Hey, if you don’t like Lithuania and Lasha Tumbai (arguably, one of the greatest ESC songs ever), just be polite OK? Discoteque and Lasha Tumbai is about fun. Don’t be too serious.

BeepBoop
BeepBoop

My winners right now!

The song is great, and I cannot wait to hear the revamped version. Also… I am not Ukrainian?

People have different tastes!

Eurovision would not be Eurovision if fans only hyped the same songs 🙂

Last edited 5 months ago by BeepBoop
poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips

Not to be that person who compares 2020 and 2021, but I feel like so far only France’s entry is better than the one they sent last year (though France’s bar after 2020 was extremely low)

Bonny
Bonny

well, as Ukrainian it’s nice to see Shum first, but I would say all the polls now is just for fun
since we got only 5 songs.
And the revamp is coming so we have to wait and see how people will like it, hope we will qualify and get respectable result in GF

I love France and Lithuania so far, can’t wait for Switzerland ,Bulgaria, Romania and Italy’ entries, maybe one of them will be my winner)

Last edited 5 months ago by Bonny
Felix
Felix

I actually voted for Shum. If I’m honest, I haven’t really enjoyed either of The Roop”s entries. To me they read as a bit too silly, but I don’t find either has the same self-awareness of, say, Little Big.

Amadeus
Amadeus
Reply to  Felix

I agree with you assessment of The Roop 100%.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier

Not y’all saying only Ukrainians voted for this. I’m Australian, I did. And it’s literally only 37% of all votes, not something insane like 80%. Perhaps people might just maybe have different taste to you??

Jamie
Jamie

Ukrainians like to vote I see.

Reply to  Jamie

If they did, good for them. It’s not like other people can’t vote.

Jamie
Jamie

Sure it’s authentic. To a level of literally covering a folk song.

blueeyed
blueeyed
Reply to  Jamie

Isn’t that against the rules? Songs need to be authentic in Eurovision. If Shum is a cover of a folk song, it’s in no way authentic.

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  blueeyed

It is. That’s why they are revamping it.

rainer1
rainer1

Ukraine?? Wuhuaaaaa??????

Dent
Dent

They took a well known Ukrainian folk piece and added technobeat to it. That’s authentic but not original

Andrii
Andrii
Reply to  Dent

As a Ukrainian who never heard of Shum before Go_A released their version: it was definitely not well known just a month ago.
Having said that, Shum did have a few modern versions by niche ethno bands starting from 2015. (With different lyrics, though.)

Daria
Daria

Why? Am I the only one that hates that type of music? Her voice makes my skin crawl ?

Last edited 5 months ago by Daria
GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  Daria

The more dislikes you get the more entitled people are and the more right you are. I bet barely any West European countries will give more than 3 points (televote + jury combined) to Ukraine with this entry. Ukraine needs to be carried by the East Europeans + maybe Australia to make it to the finale.

Last edited 5 months ago by GiornoGiovanna
ESCFan2009
ESCFan2009

Yes sure… Will be hard even to qualify, I’m sorry…

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  ESCFan2009

As someone who has always liked Ukraine’s entry, I 100% agree. Shum is totally not on Ukraine’s usual level of quality. Shum is a downgrade.

F@ab

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?!

Piet
Piet

“Your favourite act” is effectively directed at a substantial Ukranian fanbase. A pity these guys rather vote for a country than for a song. In the real world Go_A will probably not even make it to the finals. Quality or not is irrelevant here; its target group is simply too narrow for Eurovision. Come on guys, reality check please!

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Piet

But I think a LOT of people love it (can’t say the same for Israel and Albania) + I think Slavic countries will really dig this, and we must not forget we have Belarus, Russia, Croatia, Slovenia and Macedonia and even Lithuania and Romania (not slavic but closely related) and I think they will all support it in some way (probably televote).

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  Erasmus

Literally, you have zero sense in knowing what Lithuanians will vote for. As far as I can tell, Albania and Israel should not expect votes from Lithuania for sure. France – Voila might get some votes from the Jury but not from the broader public. Ukraine… literally if it would be any bop song, it would be a contender for votes but currently – naah. So I suppose your speculations are purely based on the fact that there are some 20K Ukrainians living in Lithuania? And all of them are watching Eurovision? And all of them are patriotic to vote… Read more »

Carmen
Carmen
Reply to  Piet

Shum is amazing and I’d say Ukraine has a very good chance of making the finals

zelenovi
zelenovi
Reply to  Piet

Don’t be salty. I voted for it, I have no links to Ukraine although I have become a fan of Go_A since last year, not just Solovey but also their back catalogue like Vesnianka. I have played “Shum” to a few of my friends who aren’t majorly into Eurovision but like deep house with world music touches and they liked it much more than expected.

By which I mean – lots of non-Ukrainians surely like this, and we’re voting for our “favourite” song, we’re not bloody betting agents.

L’oiseau
L’oiseau

Really?… I like them a lot, but really?.,. BTW, in this case I prefer last year’s song, but let’s wait for the revamp

Ria van de Velde

I can’t take someone seriously who puts Albania 2nd

Anya
Anya

April 1 fools lol

Erasmus
Erasmus

my top so far (without Ukraine, because it will get quite a big revamp, having said that I really like it tho and would for sure be in my top 3): 1.France, classy, powerful, french + a beautiful singer, amazing vocals, nice lyrics – what more is there to wish for. A big upgrade from last year. 2.Lithuania, yes love this, it’s quirky but in the right way, because it still sounds and looks professional, same with Little Big (worried that Germany will go for that cheap quirky sound..). This won’t win eurovision tho, but top 10 is possible. 3.Israel,… Read more »

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Erasmus

I like Spain’s ballad.. at least it is somewhat modern and will maybe be played on Spanish radio. Yes it will probably end up somewhere in the bottom (it’s one of the most jury frienldy songs Spain has sent tho in the past 5 years)… depends on the lot of things, but I see some potential in the Spanish ballad. And it also feels personal to Blas, whereas Albania’s song tries to be original and personal, but fails to do both, it’s just your generic Albanian ballad, we must’ve heard at least 20 times and done way better (Albania 2019… Read more »

Grft
Grft

That’s a bit surprising, I thought The Roop and Barbara Pravi were a lot more appreciated than Go_A aren’t they?!

Maurice
Maurice
Reply to  Grft

10000%

Reverb
Reverb

I don’t think shum should be included in the poll. It is rather clear that we’re getting a noticeably different version in March.

Kosey
Kosey

For the first time in a very long time, the results exactly match my personal preferences. This is an uncomfortable feeling! Have I finally become mainstream?!

Seriously, I am so pleased for Go_A, Shum is such a great tune, it deserves the plaudits that it is receiving.

Reply to  Kosey

It’s just a coincidence?

Kosey
Kosey
Reply to  Whisker

Yes, absolutely, I suppose it had to happen eventually! I doubt there will be another poll this season where I match exactly!! So I am going to bask in the glow whilst I can!!

Reply to  Kosey

Oh yes, basking in the glow sound amazing! Enjoy!

Lolek
Lolek

That’s a bit surprising. I love SHUM but wasn’t The Roop leading for a while by quite a big margin? Or did I miss something? :O

Teddie
Teddie
Reply to  Lolek

I suspect someone posted a link to this poll on ukrainian social media and all the hell broke loose. “Shum” is dope, though