In only a few days, we’ll finally find out the song that Germany’s Jendrik will sing at Eurovision 2021. Ahead of this, the singer has been teasing fans with how they can find the title of his song in some of his recent social media posts.

Since being announced as Germany’s representative for Eurovision 2021 (and also before this), Jendrik Sigwart from Hamburg has released a number of videos on TikTok and his other social media platforms about his journey to creating his song and being selected. Jendrik was internally selected by NDR and ARD, managing to win the golden ticket over a plethora of other artists.

In a post last week, Jendrik revealed that the song title of his Eurovision 2021 entry is hidden in one (or more) of the videos he’s uploaded since June 2020. While that might seem like a challenging task, Jendrik’s quirky personality and creativity with his Eurovision promotion has got fans excited and motivated them to hunt down the teasers.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Jendrik Sigwart (@mynameis_jendrik)

Jendrik teases Eurovision 2021 song title in social media videos

As hard as it seems to spot the right song title, fans have accepted the challenge. At the moment, most comments assume the song is called “I don’t feel hate”. This quote can be spotted in a number of Jendrik’s videos. In fact, if you click on the hashtag #idontfeelhate the only posts that come up are from Jendrik and someone from his making-of videos.

Another favourite among the social media sleuths is “Wash your worries away”. This quote can be found in one of Jendrik’s videos where he shared behind the scenes footage of how the music video for his song was filmed back in August. Since there are many washing machines in the video, this title would fit with this theme.

We will soon find out if either of these are correct.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Jendrik Sigwart (@mynameis_jendrik)

Based on Jendrik’s social media presence, we’re no doubt set for a fun and creative song from the German singer.

In one of his recent videos, where he was preparing to perform the song live for the final round of the selection process, Jendrik revealed that he initially wanted to have someone dressed up in a middle finger costume on stage for this important performance. However, that was not allowed, so he and his friends created a peace sign costume to use instead. Washing machines, middle fingers and peace signs…there’s lots that seems intriguing.

Jendrik will officially reveal his song title and music video this Thursday — 25 February. Two days later, on Saturday 27, he will perform the song live for the first time on th TV show Schlagerchampions.

Have you found any other potential song titles hidden in Jendrik’s videos? Are you excited to finally hear his song for Eurovision 2021? Let us know in the comments below.

Read more Germany Eurovision news here

Dani
Dani
7 days ago

Honestly, this will stand out A LOT! GO JENDRIK, I CAN SEE YOU EASILY IN THE TOP 10 EVEN IF THE COMPETITION WILL BE HARSH!

Nikos
Nikos
7 days ago

Oh dear Germany… You had such an awesome song last year and if this leaked song is true, prepare for last place. It’s like they took some 20 second TV/Radio jingle and turned it into a song with a random aggressive instrumental part in between. Whyyyy Germany whyyyy?!

Epicurean
Epicurean
7 days ago

“I don’t feel hate, I just feel sorry” – aptly describes my feelings about this entry for Germany.

Nils
Nils
Reply to  Epicurean

It’s like Jendrik lyrically apologized to Eurovision fans after becoming aware of his composition’s quality.

Liba
Liba
7 days ago

Yeah it‘s not a banger but if it would be a song from france oder from albania, it wouldn‘t get the hate it has right now. The hate for germany is so annoying.

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Liba

I don’t recall you are the best in me having a good reception last year

Nils
Nils
Reply to  Liba

Being German, I don’t feel like there’s a general hate for Germany’s entries. It’s just that they really are that bad most of the times. But If you remember last year, Ben Dolic was universally lauded with praise. But this doesn’t seem to be nearly as good as ‘Violent Thing’ was.

7 days ago

I’ve heard a song that was apparently sung by Jendrik. Mgd. It was bad. I do not believe that “insert title” is Germany’s song this year. If that song is real then it sounds like a joke and then I am expecting that the staging will be even worse. Please no. Bitte!!

Rumpelstiltskin
Rumpelstiltskin
7 days ago

The song is absolute trash. I don’t care. Hate all you want but it’s true.

Tom
Tom
Rottendam
Rottendam
7 days ago

The full song has been leaked! Be warned, you might cringe to death

Samantha Williams
Samantha Williams
Reply to  Rottendam

Thanks!!! The song is really great, am excited to see it live :3

Nils
Nils
Reply to  Rottendam

Oh boy, this is even worse than the snippet. It’s ‘Cake to bake’ multiplied by ‘I’m a Joker’.

I wonder if they’ll again throw in Dita von Teese out of despair … lol

Lolipopmonster
Lolipopmonster
7 days ago

The full song (only audio) was leaked 1 hour ago on youtube ….and yes, it is a “BOP” or in new english “earworm”…. never expected that fun to come from a german guy and if the video fits, Germany will get back into the TOP 10 this year.

Naomi
Naomi
8 days ago

I expected the worst but this is worse

Benny Hill
8 days ago

He seems like a down-to-earth guy, fun to hang out with. Awaiting to see what he will offer.

Monika
Monika
8 days ago

Germany will end up low again, what’s in their heads of picking this gimmick act? And when you think they had the amazing Ben Dolicin 2020 with an amazing, contemporary song…. They were high on polls, but no…they really want to follow Spain’s steps, sending a Manel Navarro wannabe. Germany really wants to finish the last in the final, and who are we to block their wish?

8 days ago

I think it is going to be a crazy (in a good way) positive song, very different to the competition and viral based on his social media presence. The performance will be bananas, since the jury actually voted for this act based on their performance too.

I have a feeling juries will not appreciate it but it will do extremely well in televoting.

Fans eurovision
Belle
Belle
8 days ago

I don’t really understand the attitudes people have toward him and his song. It’s an 18 second snippet with horrible sound quality, wait until the full song is released before saying it’s the worst thing ever. And if turns out to be a fun, upbeat, and quirky song, then I’m happy. I love variety in eurovision since it’s not fun when all the songs sound the same…

EurofanNL
EurofanNL
Reply to  Belle

What snippet?

Lunaya
Lunaya
Reply to  EurofanNL

There’s a snippet going around on Twitter I believe (I for one found it through reddit).

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina
8 days ago

i feel like what he’s trying to do here is produce a meme-able song that will go viral on tiktok, but he’ll end up overdoing it and getting the opposite effect…

8 days ago

Omaga, that snippet! I’m holding all my seahorses until I listen to the full version of whatever the song is, #whiskerdomar

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
8 days ago

All these people obsessing and judging over an 18 second snippet (of poor sound quality) are hilarious. I remember around the same time last year, a snippet leaked of “Uno” and everyone tore it apart and relentlessly hated on it. But then when Little Big released the full song everyone’s attitude changed and people suddenly started acting like the song was great and was the silly bop that the contest was waiting for. And then it became one of the most viewed songs on the ESC channel. Anyway, I am fully expecting for history to repeat itself. Keep hating on… Read more »

Last edited 8 days ago by poe-tay-toe-chips
esc1234
esc1234
8 days ago

Why is he acting like a youtuber/influencer instead of a singer?

Last edited 8 days ago by esc1234
Lunaya
Lunaya
Reply to  esc1234

How exactly does a singer “act”? From what I can tell, any artist can act however they want to.

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
8 days ago

Yeah, I don’t feel the hate, I just feel like I might miss Ben Dolic and Boris Milanov.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi

“I don’t feel hate”
.. wait until you officially release your song dear, the eurovision fandom will grill you XD

Jokes aside, it was predictable. Great songs don’t need the false hype before they’re released. Neither Toy or Arcade had any of those “hype videos” before they were released. Only mediocre songs need this. If a country goes great lengths to over-hype their song, it’s because they know they don’t have a winning material at hand.

Nils
Nils
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

‘i don’t feel hate, i just feel sorry’ is also the best reaction Germany can hope for with this song.

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

So very true. Great songs just get released. Period.

GojoSatoru
GojoSatoru
8 days ago

If the full version of this song is as good as Hunter Of Stars (Switzerland 2014) then I don’t see Germany coming in the bottom 5 at all as what a lot of people think will happen. The song is indeed meh based of the snippet, but surprise surprise it is only 18 seconds long. People who already have an opinion just want to be stupid.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  GojoSatoru

Remember when everyone absolutely HATED the leaked snippet of uno last year but then they went nuts when the actual song was released?

Naomi
Naomi
8 days ago

Well. Just as I thought. Trash.

waitaminuteholdon
waitaminuteholdon
Reply to  Naomi

Heeey juuuuuush

Mircs
Mircs
8 days ago

Ok, there’s a 18-second snippet in a very bad sound quality. It’s not that we have a snippet like what Sweden teases us (where we all know that even these snippets didn’t really give us the answer if a song and performance is good or bad overall and leaves an impact). So we can all practice our patience, calm down and wait two days longer. Then we can judge the song.

Pancake
Pancake
8 days ago

Wow, a lot of people here are being toxic about a 18 second snippet, like, seriously can you guys just wait? I feel like I’m the twilight zone where Jendrik is the reverse version of Franka.

Anyway, I actually like the snippet. I like the sunshine-vibe, New Orleans-esq sound from the trumpets in the end.

8 days ago

“In a post last week, Jendrik revealed that the song title of his Eurovision 2021 entry is hidden in one (or more) of the videos he’s uploaded since June 2020.”

Is that the song he says he wrote and made final 15? Did that song win out of how many? Three hundred entries?

Maybe it’s just me but this is confusing a*. Did his song win?

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
8 days ago

Altough i’m not totally fond of the snippet, this will be extremely fun to spam whenever the community has a meltdown in the future.

ESCFan2009
ESCFan2009
8 days ago

I love the snippet. Sounds like quirky uptempo fun. Can’t wait for the song.

waitaminuteholdon
waitaminuteholdon
Reply to  ESCFan2009

Delusion… CONVINCE YOURSELF

Polliu
Polliu
8 days ago

Jinx fans, tell her to lose weight. Roxy Andrews looks better than her now.

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  ESCFan2009

i thot we’d left the word “quirky” in 2020…

Erasmus
Erasmus
8 days ago

I listened to the snippet and no joke it’s one of the worst eurovision entries in a while. I cannot believe this went through 100 of people and they thought this was great? who are these people. I mean I got worried already when the HoD said that the song is secondary and something like performance or sth is primary – that is no how it works, song matters and the performance is secondary. also why did she say having an internal selection helps them attract big names, and they end up sending a no-name, which can be fine –… Read more »

Reply to  Erasmus

I couldn’t identify the snippet. Can you tell me where to find it? Thanks.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Thanks Ashton 🙂 I don’t believe that snippet belongs to Germany’s song. Time will tell, LOL.

Erasmus
Erasmus
8 days ago

it does because the voice matches, it has ukulele + the title is in the lyrics hahaha lol

Reply to  Erasmus

It may well be *that* song; however, I find the snippet very bad and I am honestly confused because of this little quote I am putting down here. “We already knew that once again the broadcasters asked their two expert panels to choose the right act for Eurovision. Countless artists and about 300 songs were submitted to the broadcaster. After they checked the applications, the Eurovision-expert jury whittled down the entries. This jury consists of 100 fans who are said to have a similar taste to the typical Eurovision viewer. After several rounds, an international jury got involved, too.” There… Read more »

Bob
Bob
8 days ago

If you Shazam the snippet, guess what comes up: “I don’t feel hate – Jendrik.” Yeah, I think it’s the song.

Andi
Andi
Reply to  Ashton Schier

That smells like fake lol

Escfan
Escfan
8 days ago

Rena Rama Ding Dong posted the snippet on twitter.

Reply to  Escfan

Thanks.

Hannes
Hannes
Reply to  Erasmus
"one of the worst eurovision entries in a while". You can seriously say this after a 18-second snippet with bad quality? Wow!
Leo
Leo
8 days ago

From violent thing to this…..

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  Leo

I like so much better than VIolent Thing.

Peter van Zyäi
Peter van Zyäi
Reply to  Mr X

But You let me walk alone (2018) was much better.

Escfan
Escfan
8 days ago

Sorry but even though its prob bly to early to say anything about Jendriks song. You’ll let me walk alone and violent thing imo were better.

Lebanese esc fan
Lebanese esc fan
8 days ago

I honestly laughed so much listening to the short snippet! Honestly, this is just the thing we need this year, very fun, uplifting, and carefree. Really excited for the reveal on Thursday!

8 days ago

The stage presentation on Saturday should be fun then!

West
West
8 days ago

Maybe his song is called Troll.

Colono
Colono
8 days ago

I don’t know his song or anything but he looks so hot. 12 pts from my eyes..

Denis
Denis
8 days ago

Wow, these are long titles..

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
9 days ago

There’s a snippet of the song floating around on YouTube and……..wow I hope so much that it is fake and is not the actual song. If it is, it’s last place for Germany.

Kay
Kay
9 days ago
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Agreed the song is like a joke.

Alexandra
Alexandra
9 days ago
Reply to  Ashton Schier

that’s 18 seconds out of three minutes. Can you form a judgment from it? it is also recorded in poor quality. I find it embarrassing how badly negative people react to it. just wait until the song is out. then you can criticize.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Alexandra

I can make a judgment on those 18 seconds, and frankly, thats enough of a song to gauge what the vibe of the song will be. It could switch up completely in another part of the song, but from what I can hear it isn’t good and I don’t like it. And if you don’t like that I don’t like it, well…I kind of don’t care at all.

Max
Max
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Did you also guess what The Roop’s entry sounded like from the snippet they released?

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  Max

No. As I said, this song could switch up completely, and I might like that bit. But from what I am hearing currently, frankly, I don’t like it at all.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Max

that snippet was literally just a beginning of the song. Here we have a longer snippet with the chorus.

Lorenzo Celli
Lorenzo Celli
Reply to  Alexandra

People have so much time to waste sometimes that they use it all to criticize everything

Dave
Dave
Reply to  Alexandra

You can judge a song from 18 seconds, especially when it’s 18 seconds of the chorus lol

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Maybe it’s irony – if it’s about not feeling hate – put something awful out and see all the hate that comes!