Poland‘s broadcaster TVP has revealed very little of its plans for Eurovision 2021. But in the absence of any official news, fans are quickly filling in the gaps with their own ideas. The Voice of Poland winner Krystian Ochman is a fan favourite to represent Poland in Rotterdam with his new single “Wielkie tytuły”.

Ochman released his single “Wielkie tytuły” on Friday and already the video has clocked up over 400,000 views. The song brings a dramatic style combined with hip hop beats and it gives Ochman plenty of opportunities to show off his vocal talent, from rock snarls to soaring operatic notes.

The song is 3:15 long which puts it slightly over the maximum duration for a Eurovision entry. But it wouldn’t be difficult to edit the song down to a Eurovision-friendly length.

Fans have quickly decided that this is the song Poland needs to send to Eurovision. The YouTube video includes comments such as “For Eurovision this year, I don’t see any other option” and “Just someone like that should represent our country at Eurovision.”

Polish media have picked up on the fan hype around Ochman and Eurovision. However, at this stage it is important to note that neither Ochman nor TVP have made any statement about a potential Eurovision participation.

Who is Krystian Ochman?

Krystian Ochman — who performs as the mononym Ochman — is most familiar in Poland as the winner of the 2020 series of The Voice Poland. He auditioned with Labrinth’s ballad “Beneath Your Beautiful”, impressing Polish Eurovision stars Michał Szpak and Edyta Górniak, before eventually selecting Szpak as his coach.

Over the weeks, Ochman gave impressive performances in both English and Polish and eventually won the series grand final. From that point, fans started to call for him to represent Poland at Eurovision.

Krystian Ochman comes from a musical background. His grandfather is the acclaimed Polish tenor Wiesław Ochman, and it seems clear that a talent for singing has been passed down.

Who will represent Poland at Eurovision 2021?

Last year, Poland selected its act for Eurovision 2020 with the national final, Szansa na Sukces. However, due to the pandemic and TVP’s silence, it seems unlikely that they will use this method again and will internally select their act.

Let’s not forget Poland’s 2020 representative Alicja Szemplińska who was set to compete with “Empire” at Eurovision 2020. However, while many other broadcasters were quick to invite back their 2020 acts for another turn in 2021, no public announcement has come from TVP.

Back in July, Alicja told local media that she had not heard anything about Eurovision 2021, but noted that she was “waiting patiently”. She added, “I believe that in my heart I will be there next year and I am writing lots of new songs.”

And there’s another possibility — an Alicja and Ochman duet. Last year Polish radio station Eska asked Ochman if he would perform at Eurovision 2021. He said he’d be happy to — but diplomatically added he’d only do it as part of a duo with Alicja, not as a solo artist.

But nonetheless, with the deadline for Eurovision entries just weeks away, fans will soon learn who will represent Poland at Eurovision 2021.

What do you think? Should TVP select Ochman for Eurovision? Or should Alicja get the return ticket? Sound off in the comments section below!

Read more Poland Eurovision news here

lasse braun
lasse braun
1 month ago

like to see kwiat jab?oni or ralph kaminski near in the future at the ESC for poland.:) i’m not this “voice over song type of ESCfan” but ralphs voice is a rare gift.check maybe his song “Wszystkiego najlepszego”.greetz from germany. 🙂

lasse braun
lasse braun
Reply to  lasse braun

oops – i meant kwiat jabloni.

Norni
Norni
Reply to  lasse braun

Both they and he have bad voices, this is not the place for them, clapper for cash

KrystianJ
KrystianJ
1 month ago

All I want is that they are planning a selection, as there are rumours about how Alicja, Cleo(from 2014 eurovision) and Rafal(1 of the presenters at jesc 2021) are in the running for representing Poland. I think that is the better option as Alicja’s song may not be the best and Cleo’s and Rafal’s song may be beter. Just look at Finland Aksel went into the selection and didn’t win the ticket to esc and thats ok because there was a better song. I hope that TVP does the right decision. I wouldn’t be mad if they chose Alicja and… Read more »

Benny Hill
1 month ago

Donatan, the producer behind ‘My Slowianie’ threw his name in the hat today, by the way.

Sounds like TVP has no clue.

Fabio
Fabio
1 month ago

The song is annoying… to say it in a polite way. No, thank you.

Fionn
Fionn
Reply to  Fabio

no, The Roop are annoying, Barbara Pravi is annoying, Blind Channel are annoying.

Leendert Jan
Leendert Jan
1 month ago

I like his voice but this song is the longest three minutes ever… please not with this song!

KarmaLeon
KarmaLeon

Definitly a big NO

it might do well by the juries but it will finish like in the bottom 5 in televote for sure

Last edited 1 month ago by KarmaLeon
Karolina
Karolina
1 month ago

Nah, I think it will be Alicja, besides ditching her would be totally unfair. She’s going to perform at Miss Polonia final on 8th March (Krystian will be there too) so let’s hope everything will be be clarified then and we’ll finally hear the song.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  Karolina

There another rumoures about Cleo for Poland. She would be so better than Alicja another time

1 month ago

Apparently, there are three artists in the running: Alicja, Cleo (from 2014), and Rafa? (who hosted JESC in 2019). Would be ironic if they picked Cleo over Alicja, since as I recall she was one of the jurors in Szansa na Sukces that picked Alicja.

TheDr Mistery
TheDr Mistery
Reply to  Joe

I was afraid Rafal is in the running. There is already too much of him in TVP and he will get strictly negative press if he’ll get the ticket, I think.

Reply to  TheDr Mistery

Alicja doesn’t deserve to lose to either of them (although I do enjoy “My S?owianie” and Cleo probably has more in her toolbox than just that).

Reply to  Joe

Based on their previous songs, I think that Alicja, Rafal and Cleo are all good options, but I see no reason for ditching Alicja since she represented them last year. If they had another Krajowe eliminacje, that would be one thing, but not selecting Alicja internally makes no sense.
And even if they have another option, this seems way too late to discuss it. The only thing they can do now is pick an already published song that fits the criteria and whose performer wants to go.

Last edited 1 month ago by Colin
bartosz
bartosz
Reply to  Colin

Not sure about Rafa? – do you remember his entry from Krajowe Eliminacje 2017? It was total disaster

Reply to  bartosz

I actually liked it, but I know I’m in a minority on that one.

TheDr Mistery
TheDr Mistery
Reply to  bartosz

I remember telling my parents before his performance that this song is terrible and… they liked it anyway. So maybe it would work for slightly older viewers.

Benny Hill
Reply to  Joe

I love Cleo’s Number One. It’s such a positive song. It always makes me smile.

Malmklang
Malmklang
1 month ago

Imo this song, kept with polish lyrics, would be Poland’s best in years. Got some nice Anthony & The Johnsons/AHNONI-vibes from this. Go for Krystian!:-)

Malmklang
Malmklang
Reply to  Malmklang

I saw someone mentioned Alicja’s Pusto, and after listening to it I can only say that Pusto would also be a great song for Poland. But with Pusto as well, I would prefer it in polish:-)

Last edited 1 month ago by Malmklang
GreenTea
GreenTea
1 month ago

When Alicja was one of the special guests at JESC, I was pretty sure that TVP is going to announce her as the representative very soon. Meanwhile it’s almost March and we still know nothing. It’s very likely that our broadcaster had other options and couldn’t decide whether to pick one of them or Alicja. Was Krystian among them? Possible. I have to admit that I really like his new single and the previous one – “Swiatlocienie”. I think he would be an interesting choice. Giving Alicja a chance would be fair because of cancelation last year’s Eurovision but honestly… Read more »

Film
Film
1 month ago

Omaga! This is strong, emotional, fresh and contemporary. Love it. Besides its in beautiful Polish language. Gjons Tears is going to have some competition here, if they send this.

John
John
1 month ago

With this approach of Telewizja Polska to Eurovision ,my country will never win!

John
John
1 month ago
With this approach of Telewizja Polska to Eurovision ,my Country will never win!
Last edited 1 month ago by John
Pati

This is top 10 material for ESC

Lucomolly52
Lucomolly52
1 month ago

No alicia is better and desrves it

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
1 month ago

Yes, send him, he’s cute. But maybe another song, although it’s quite interesting.

Dawid
Dawid
1 month ago

I mean he is, but can we at least pretend it’s still a song contest?

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
Reply to  Dawid

Go ask Germany.

Benny Hill

Why Germany? He’s cute and it is a song after all. 🙂

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
Reply to  Benny Hill

lol true, I suppose it is a song, more or less. 😛

Dawid
Dawid
1 month ago

Good thing is that he doesn’t feel hate xd

Lolek
Lolek
1 month ago

omg his voice is beautiful!!!

Adam
Adam
1 month ago

I love the idea of a duet with the two of them!

Ria van de Velde
Ria van de Velde

I hope for Alicja ‘s second chance. Poland can send Krystian Ochman next year

Dalth
Dalth
1 month ago

I like this if choosen could be a dark horse. Definitely something there, if performed well this could get a good result for Poland.

Last edited 1 month ago by Dalth
John
John
1 month ago

With this approach of Polish Television to Eurovision, my country will never win.

waitaminuteholdon
waitaminuteholdon
1 month ago

This song is gonna be dependent on the juries and the running order. It’s ok, but nothing to gag over.

Héctor
Héctor
1 month ago

I don’t like the operatic singing at all. Popera it’s not my thing. It’ like he’s is trying to e poppy with opera technique. The song itself isn’t bad, but he’s singing style is too much.

Tonks
1 month ago

I watch Polish The Voice over 6 years and they have amaizing singers. Kristian is also my favourite in last Voice I think he is a great choice for Eurovision. And his mentor is Michal Szpak!

1 month ago

I liked Krystian’s song. I also liked Pusto by Alicja. I’d be happy with either of them song-wise. Production-wise, I believe this is a decision which should have been made weeks ago. Empires was at the very top of my list and I am sure that Alicja would have qualified and made Poland proud. Her performance at JESC was simply amazing. I have no idea why wouldn’t they have her again. A duet with Krystian feels like a good idea. Maybe a dark ballad Slavic-style like Hope Never Dies? That would totally rock! But such song should have been made… Read more »

KRM
KRM
1 month ago

Can they announce their act already? At least the artist, come on…

Polliu
Polliu
1 month ago

His singing technique is like opera…dragging too long for my taste

Luk
Luk
1 month ago

Duo Krystian and Alicja !
Good luck Poland!

Benny Hill
1 month ago

If I was a judge, I wouldn’t even turn my chair around based on this song. And it’s not because of he lacks talent. He’s very gifted, you can tell. However the transitions in this song between registers are not very smooth, they’re choppy. It’s like he wants to showcase all of his abilities in 3 minutes. It’s your first single, my friend. Not a job interview. Have fun with it. Look at Dimash or Vitas. They do it so effortlessly and they are having times of their lives. You’ve won a contest. We know what you can do. You… Read more »

Mr X
Mr X
1 month ago

Please not ! No more chance for this screaming girl.

Benny Hill
1 month ago

He signs with an accent I cannot pin, but he doesn’t sound Polish at all. I can barely understand him. It might be the production of the track. Or his opera genes.

If Poland wants to hop out of the semi finals, I wouldn’t send this though. Even with a good staging, Michael Dameski dancing etc. I think it’s too alternative to make a massive impact. But hey, good luck Poland anyway.

hallkyon
hallkyon
Reply to  Benny Hill

He was raised in the States, methinks, hence the accent.

Benny Hill
Reply to  hallkyon

Oh, okay. I get it now. The ‘misz-masz’ thing was a dead giveaway because it sounds like my English friends trying to say ‘mac’.

I haven’t had a chance to read his history so apologies for that. I wasn’t making fun of his pronunciation, I was just trying to pin that accent and I knew if I don’t I will lose sleep. 🙂

Last edited 1 month ago by Benny Hill
1998
1998
1 month ago

He should wait for 2022. Alicja Szemplinska has to be selected unless she declines all by herself.

Zander25
Zander25
1 month ago

that seems a rude thing to make Alicja wait this long if she still get her rights to represent when the deadline is already near. The Polish broadcaster should have at least get a decency to update the news if she’s returning or not.

Biqer
Biqer
1 month ago

We dont have any duo yet. So it is good idea and combination of their voices can be interesting. We have circa 35 solo singers every year, please make Eurovision diverse not only with genres, but with different acts too.

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Biqer

Fingers crossed for Eva and Ewa!!

Reply to  Paul

And The Cosmic Twins.

Reply to  Biqer

Ivo Linna, Robert Linna, Supernova.

Nicola
Nicola
1 month ago

The short answer is… no. Alicja should be invited back to represent Poland this year. Next year would be more ideal. Though I kind of like the idea of them singing as duo, as I dont think there’ll be many this year (cause as we know, there was a certain duo whose song was rejected, and that snippet sounded promising).

Fionn
Fionn
1 month ago

I love this song, much better than empires. Kinda hoping it does represent them now hahaha

TheDr Mistery
TheDr Mistery
1 month ago

Well, this song has very little going besides his voice. Even less than “Empires”. Both Alicja and Krystian are clearly talented, hence their wins of “The Voice”, but their songs were… so far… slightly underwhelming and below their capabilities. Similar to Mariusz Zió?ko.

I think it’s disappointing that we don’t have anything from Poland. I hope it won’t end up with a nasty surprise.

Leo
Leo

C’mon Poland!
What’s wrong with Alicja?

Lorenzo Celli
Lorenzo Celli

Poland don’t disappoint me

Alicja deserves another shot

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
1 month ago

Honestly, what is taking Poland so long to announce their artist and song? Is Alicja coming back or are we getting a new artist? Could it be both at the same time, and she is doing a duet with this guy? I hope we get an announcement before the deadline?

MrBrightside
MrBrightside
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

They probably remembered just few weeks ago they have to pick an Eurovision act and now they are still looking for someone. Trust me, this is how TVP works. XD

Pandaman
Pandaman
Reply to  MrBrightside

This is a Polish-guy-approved comment.

A couple days ago TVP made a poll on their Twitter or something, asking people who do they think should be sent to Eurovision. Like they still have no idea themselves.

Benny Hill
Reply to  Pandaman

Yeah. It was on their Facebook on 28th of January. A month ago. They are clueless.

Benny Hill
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

They’ve probably just recovered from hangover they had after JESC.

Last edited 1 month ago by Benny Hill
BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Benny Hill

I get why they would be more focused on junior eurovision because they were hosting it, but that ended three months ago. What are their Eurovision plans?

Last edited 1 month ago by BadWoolfGirl
Benny Hill
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

They’ve probably still hadn’t bought the hat they will pull the name out of. They don’t seem to care. I’m worried they’ll pull out last minute. TVP is like a bunch of kids. Can’t get out of the semi finals for a few years, let’s give up altogether.

So many great Polish songs are being released every year. Why can’t they save one of them for Eurovision?

At this point I would even consider a joke act from Poland. Just give us something, for crying out loud.

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Benny Hill

Isn’t it too late to pull out at this point without incurring a major fine?

Benny Hill
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

It might be. True. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed they will treat us to some quality. Many great composers and lyricists in Poland. Plenty to choose from.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
1 month ago

I hope Alicja can come back for 2021 with a Polish-language song similar to those she has been releasing, such as Pusto. Krystian for 2022, I guess. I just think it’s ridiculous that Armenia, Poland, and Russia have said nothing so far. Like, it’s March in a few days, come on.

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina
Reply to  Ashton Schier

it’s march TOMORROW actually haha ! i guess they’ll release artist+song at once at this point.

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier

oh what lmao it is haha

Jeff USA
Jeff USA
1 month ago

I hope Poland chooses Alicja because she is very talented. Empires was good but I believe Alicja has much more to offer than empires so Poland should give her another opportunity!!!

Jeff USA
Jeff USA
Reply to  Jeff USA

Also props to Krystian for saying he’d only participate this year with Alicja that’s very considerate!!!