The second semi-final of Eurovision 2021 is just two weeks away. In 14 days, give or take a couple of hours, we will know the complete line-up for the grand final. But for now, all we can do is look into our crystal balls or examine tea leaves.
Back in March, we asked y’all to vote for your favourites in semi-final two of Eurovision 2021 before rehearsals. After counting a total of 26,439 votes for 17 acts, the results are in.
Poll results: Greece’s Stefania is your favourite to win semi-final one of Eurovision 2021… before rehearsals
She might not be leading with the bookmakers, but Greece’s Stefania is definitely bubbling under with fans. And she’s your favourite to win semi-final two… before rehearsals. “Last Dance” secured 4,452 votes or 16.84% of all votes cast.
Here’s how Deban reviewed the entry for the Wiwi Jury:
“Last Dance” is a disco bop freshened with a 2021 arrangement. As far as songs go, this is an excellent offering. It straddles the decades without sounding overworked. Visually, this is Greek; musically, it is global. Fittingly, Stefania holds a presence in Eurovision’s host country. She’s Dutch with Greek roots. Her youthful looks and nimble moves are key assets. Vocally, she can do pop. As a total package, “Last Dance” courts enough traction from televoters, club kids and music experts. Qualification predictions are somewhat pointless. Miss Liberakakis will be flying her pegasus all the way to a top ten finish at the grand final.
In second place, we have Gjon’s Tears. The Swiss crooner amassed an impressive 4,322 votes. That’s 16.35% of all votes cast. “Tout l’univers” is already a hit with many. It currently leads the OGAE voting and is among the top few with the oddsmakers.
Snatching the bronze medal is San Marino’s Senhit. The “Adrenalina” songstress scooped up 2,869 votes or 10.85% of all votes cast.
Rounding out the top five is Finland’s Blind Channel and Bulgaria’s Victoria. The remaining five qualifiers — according to our readers — are Iceland’s Daði og Gagnamagnið, Serbia’s Hurricane, Moldova’s Natalia Gordienko, Albania’s Anxhela Peristeri and Latvia’s Samanta Tīna.
Check out the full pre-rehearsal results below.
Results: Who should win the second semi-final of Eurovision 2021?
- Greece: Stefania “Last Dance” 16.84% (4,452 votes)
- Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears “Tout l’Univers” 16.35% (4,322 votes)
- San Marino: Senhit “Adrenalina” 10.85% (2,869 votes)
- Finland: Blind Channel “Dark Side” 8.43% (2,229 votes)
- Bulgaria: Victoria “Growing Up Is Getting Old” 7.56% (1,999 votes)
- Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið “10 Years” 7.07% (1,868 votes)
- Serbia: Hurricane “Loco Loco” 6.98% (1,846 votes)
- Moldova: Natalia Gordienko “Sugar” 4.69% (1,240 votes)
- Albania: Anxhela Peristeri “Karma” 3.89% (1,029 votes)
- Latvia: Samanta Tīna “The Moon Is Rising” 3.66% (968 votes)
- Czech Republic: Benny Cristo “Omaga” 3.44% (909 votes)
- Denmark: Fyr & Flamme “Øve os på hinanden” 1.98% (523 votes)
- Poland: Rafał “The Ride” 1.97% (520 votes)
- Portugal: The Black Mamba “Love Is on My Side” 1.96% (519 votes)
- Estonia: Uku Suviste “The Lucky One” 1.94% (512 votes)
- Austria: Vincent Bueno “Amen” 1.56% (412 votes)
- Georgia: Tornike Kipiani “You” 0.83% (222 votes)
Total Votes: 26,439
Do you agree with the results? Is Greece your favourite? Which songs are underrated? Let us know in the comments.
Note: This poll is just for fun. It is not designed to predict the final result in May.