Wednesday 12 May saw 94% of the acts competing in semi-final one of Eurovision 2021 take to the Ahoy arena stage once again for their second rehearsal (i.e. every country in semi-final one except Malta). Manizha showcased a costume change, we got our first proper look at Montaigne’s performance, Go_A’s Kateryna was replaced by a stand-in singer, and that’s just a sample.
After reading the reviews from the press and watching the official rehearsal clips, we asked you to vote for which act you thought delivered the best second rehearsal out of these 15 countries.
Elena Tsagrinou delivered your favourite second rehearsal on 12 May
Taking the top spot is Elena Tsagrinou, who is representing Cyprus with “El Diablo”. The star had a resounding victory, being awarded 17.99% of the total number of votes cast – that’s 1,088 votes specifically.
There were minimal changes to the performance, but that just shows the Cypriot team came to Eurovision with a strong package. Wiwiblogger Padraig made the following comments about Elena’s second rehearsal:
“Elena came to today’s rehearsal with little that needed to be fixed. Once again, she looked every part the pop star. She’s at ease with all her choreography and doesn’t miss a beat. Her vocals are strong and she carries off the performance with a plan. “El Diablo” will likely be etched on people’s minds long after the smoke from the pyro clears.”
Russia’s Manizha picked up second place in the poll, receiving 594 votes (9.82% of the total). The singer wore a slightly different head scarf this time around, while her backing singers were laden with baggy gold outfits. Overall though, the power of the performance still shone through and Manizha certainly brings something special to the contest with “Russian Woman”.
Third place goes to Albina from Croatia. The “Tick Tock” singer picked up 573 votes (9.47%). Serving shiny intergalactic costumes under retro pink and blue lighting, Albina brings a certain spark to her performance. Although it’s another routine featuring a singer backed by four dancers, Croatia’s use of the catwalk and satellite stage helps give their performance a slightly unique feel to it.
In fourth place we find Romania’s Roxen, whose smoke-filled staging created a certain atmosphere in the arena. Roxen received 533 votes (8.81%).
Rounding out the top five are The Roop from Lithuania with 521 votes (8.61%). They didn’t need many changes for their second rehearsal and the group continue to deliver a standout start to the first semi-final.
The only other act to receive over 500 votes was Go_A. The Ukrainian band went without lead singer Kateryna owing to illness. Despite this, they still delivered an eye catching performance and picked up 518 votes (8.56%), finishing sixth in the poll.
Poll results: Who had the best second rehearsal on 12 May?
- Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou – “El Diablo” – 17.99% (1,088 votes)
- Russia: Manizha – “Russian Woman” – 9.82% (594 votes)
- Croatia: Albina – “Tick-Tock” – 9.47% (573 votes)
- Romania: Roxen – “Amnesia” – 8.81% (533 votes)
- Lithuania: The Roop – “Discoteque” – 8.61% (521 votes)
- Ukraine: Go_A – “SHUM” – 8.56% (518 votes)
- Ireland: Lesley Roy – “Maps” – 8.17% (494 votes)
- Israel: Eden Alene – “Set Me Free” – 5.9% (357 votes)
- Belgium: Hooverphonic – “The Wrong Place” – 5.47% (331 votes)
- Australia: Montaigne – “Technicolour” – 4.53% (274 votes)
- Azerbaijan: Efendi – “Mata Hari” – 4.02% (243 votes)
- Norway: TIX – “Fallen Angel” – 3.07% (186 votes)
- Slovenia: Ana Soklic – “Amen” – 2.31% (140 votes)
- North Macedonia: Vasil – “Here I Stand” – 1.74% (105 votes)
- Sweden: Tusse – “Voices” – 1.52% (92 votes)
Total Votes: 6,049
Do you agree that Elena Tsagrinou had the best second rehearsal amongst these acts? Who do you think will improve ahead of the live shows? Let us know in the comments below!